• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Line - "We Can Rebuild Him"

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
So you're on the way of doing PDLs --Pickle DeadLifts, just like Kroc rows but deadlifting-- 12 reps with that weight is great mr. Lineski.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I <3 the "I'm not doing jack" template.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
awesome reps on the deadlift Line.

just checked that MP vid, very good form and control. pretty impressive.

I was under the impression that softball was for girls..?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Pickle - Ha, I appreciate it. I oftentimes get injured playing sports and, usually, I care less about the injury than I do about the outcome of the play. I really don't like to lose anything.

lifterdead - Thanks, man. Arms have always been my strong suit, though I thought I looked a little puffy in the video -- personally, I blame the poor gym lighting. :p Eventually I'll take and post some proper pics.

Skeptic - I like to see that you like what you're seeing in this thread. :spy:

Storm - Pickle is a madman. If it were up to me, I wouldn't really be going above 5 reps on deadlifts, but that masochist Wender dictates otherwise. I can't wait until my total gets back around the 500 mark, if only so I don't have to do so many damn reps.

Freako - Yeah, it's nice. I mean, I like focusing all my efforts on just one lift without having to worry about following it up with anything else. But still, the wannabe bodybuilder in me feels like I should be doing more.

Natzo - Yes, softball is for girls...and retired hardball players who can no longer play competitively and like drinking a lot of beer. :linedrunk:

Update: Heavy benching later.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Those presses were solid mate!

I like pickle bring the bar down lower but i dont think it really matters.

Also big deadlifts too. Looking forward to that pressing sesh.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Lance - Yeah, but because my sticking point appears to be near the top of the movement, I'm going to try bringing the bar a bit lower during my deload week just to see how it feels.

Update: Another fairly quick session. Strength felt alright, but it wasn't good enough to raise my projected max for bench, though that's probably because I haven't had 265 pounds on the bar in quite some time. Again, the length of my workout was dictated by outside circumstances (like not having my own car) but I tried to make the most of it. Also dictating was the lump on the back of my head, which prevented me from doing further pressing, as it was quite uncomfortable.

Date: 7.2.10

Time: 4:05 pm

Duration: 40 min

BB Bench
(Following two "feel" sets)
Set #1 - 215 pounds x 5 reps
Set #2 - 245 pounds x 3 reps
Set #3 - 265 pounds x 6 reps

Parallel Bar Dips Superset with DB Rows
Set #1 - BW + 90 pounds x 10 reps AND 100 pounds x 15 reps
Set #2 - BW + 90 pounds x 10 reps AND 100 pounds x 15 reps
Set #3 - BW + 90 pounds x 10 reps AND 100 pounds x 15 reps

Rope Push Downs Superset with Rope Face Pulls
Set #1 - 90 pounds x 15 reps AND 90 pounds x 15 reps
Set #2 - 90 pounds x 10 reps AND 90 pounds x 15 reps
Set #3 - 90 pounds x 12 reps AND 90 pounds x 15 reps

And then it was time to get out of there and indulge in some food. I restrained myself by not going to the bar last night in order to save money and spent the majority of my time playing old NES games. Good times. Today I'm taking off, for my entire body is sore. Tomorrow will be squat day and then I think I'll roll that right into my deload week so I can get back on a M, T, R, F schedule. Until next time. :weightlifter:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice deads and pressing man, take care of your head!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Strong pressing mate, give yourself a few workouts of benching 265 and i'm sure you'll get your feel back and thus feel more comfortable at that weight.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
6x265 is good after such a big lay-off mate.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Bench looks really good! and rows are impressive too done in superset!

keep it up!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
BB Bench
(Following two "feel" sets)
Set #1 - 215 pounds x 5 reps
Set #2 - 245 pounds x 3 reps
Set #3 - 265 pounds x 6 reps
Poo. One of the few exercises I could come close to you on and you're smashing me :tear: We finally got a few barbell benches about two weeks ago so my strength is coming back slowly...but I can't even push one at 265 again yet. Nice work :2:

I lift with another lieutenant here sometimes, and when he says 'fuck' with the emphasis on the 'f-aaah-ck' like you do I flashback to The White Building. Good times, good times. Only problem is he never tells me to contract.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Sorry for the lack of updates, guys, but it's mostly because I've had nothing to update about. The past two weeks have been pretty unproductive gym-wise -- full of nagging injuries, softball, and getting back into the habit of writing. I'll be back tomorrow, doing a deload week before getting back into the full swing of things next Monday. Despite all this, things are pretty well, though I'm sore as hell from a state qualifier tournament for softball that ran the past two days. Too much drinking, too much time in the sun, too much running around. We did qualify for the state finals, which is what we set out to do, but it left me (and the rest of my team) pretty damn stiff overall. Thanks to those who commented. I'll get back to my usual OCD-nature of replying to every post tomorrow. Until next time.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
props on qualifying broski, next is the nationals? BAM

did you do a write up for inception? im obsessed with seeing it and since u gave it 5/10 i am intrigued. xoxo

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Thanks, Pickle. I haven't written anything formal for Inception yet (though I wrote a bit about it here and wrote some major spoilers here) because I still have to finish my review for The Red Shoes, then write reviews for The Bounty Hunter, Cop Out, The Losers, and Clash of the Titans.

Anyway, I've done two deload sessions so far this week but am feeling too lazy to post them at the moment. I feel good though, despite my tennis elbow being as bothersome as ever. I'll get around to everyone's logs when I get my workouts up.

Last edited by a moderator: