• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Line - "We Can Rebuild Him"

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
BB squat followed by front squats seems like fun :p

Your weights will come up in no time if you keep hitting it hard.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
hey line props to doing a session hungover and that. double props for opting away from im not doing jack shit.

the squat weight your using tho, when i know youve done somewhere near 500lbs before. Its really weak sauce, its the only major lift im smoking you on. consider this a challenge. (throw your front squats was my major lift last cycle excuse in here, whatevs.) Im winning. lolol xxx now i have more incentive to 10 rep 140kg on thursday.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Prince V - Thanks, though I actually thought it was a pretty lame workout. I mean, I've done 205 pounds for 10 reps on front squats recently, so I wasn't pleased that I only managed 3 sets of 10 reps with 185. Honestly though, I was drained. Blame the whiskey, I say.

Lance - I'm confident that my weights will come up, sure, but I'm also impatient as hell so these preliminary months are mentally torturous! I appreciate the kind words though.

Pickle - I know, I know. The sad thing is that I can't even blame booze for the performance, at least not entirely. That said, it is nice being able to merely unrack the weight and lift now instead of having to clean the bar up to my shoulders. In time, I'll blow past you and your lanky legs again. No worries.

Date: 6.22.10

Time: 7:15 pm

Duration: 35 min

Military Press
(Following two "feel" sets)
Set #1 - 155 pounds x 3 reps
Set #2 - 160 pounds x 3 reps
Set #3 - 170 pounds x 7 reps

Seated DB Press Superset with Pull Ups
Set #1 - 60 pounds x 12 reps AND BW x 10 reps
Set #2 - 60 pounds x 12 reps AND BW x 10 reps
Set #3 - 60 pounds x 12 reps AND BW x 8 reps
Set #4 - 60 pounds x 12 reps AND BW x 6 reps
Set #5 - 60 pounds x 12 reps AND BW x 6 reps

DB Lateral Raises Superset with Parallel Bar Dips
Set #1 - 35 pounds x 8 reps AND BW x 20 reps
Set #2 - 35 pounds x 8 reps AND BW x 20 reps
Set #3 - 35 pounds x 8 reps AND BW x 20 reps

And he made it to the beer distributor a mere four minutes before it closed. I love a happy ending. Until next time. :weightlifter:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
curses good pressing and supersets and lol @ happy ending.

Beer and women weaken legs.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mmmmm PWO carbs :drool:

Beer + Lifting = Good.

Also nice overhead pressing!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
awesome MP Line, 7 reps with 170 is Viking Strenght!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Pickle - Beer has kept me strong for years!

Tim - Thanks, Tim. I'm short on cash this week (damn smartphones) so I decided to stock up my mini-fridge to avoid spending too much money out at the bar. Plus, a few days away from the club should save me a few lifetimes worth of secondhand smoke, so that's a plus too.

Prince V - I appreciate it. Honestly, I didn't think I'd get 7 reps; I had been hoping for at least 6 though.

Freako - That sure means a lot coming from an old-timer like yourself.

Natzo - Ha, viking strength, eh? I like it.

I wanted to earn my day off tomorrow. I feel I did that.

Date: 6.23.10

Time: 8:05 pm

Duration: 55 min

BB Deadlift
Set #1 - 285 pounds x 3 reps
Set #2 - 300 pounds x 3 reps
Set #3 - 315 pounds x 10 reps

(So then I wanted to see what it felt like to pull 400 again, you know, for fun)

Set #1 - 365 pounds x 1 reps
Set #2 - 405 pounds x 1 reps
(First time in 3.5 years)

DB Kroc Rows
Set #1 - 50 pounds x 35 reps
Set #2 - 50 pounds x 35 reps

DB Rows
Set #1 - 100 pounds x 8 reps
Set #2 - 100 pounds x 8 reps

Lying Leg Curl Superset with DB Shrugs
Set #1 - 45 pounds x 12 reps AND 90 pounds x 12 reps
Set #2 - 45 pounds x 12 reps AND 90 pounds x 12 reps
Set #3 - 45 pounds x 12 reps AND 90 pounds x 12 reps

DB Preacher Curls
Set #1 - 25 pounds x 12 reps
Set #2 - 25 pounds x 12 reps
Set #3 - 25 pounds x 10 reps

So that felt good. I've also worked in cardio sessions the past two mornings and will do so again tomorrow...mostly because our lawn needs to be cut. I don't really have much else to say, as things felt pretty great today and I can only hope my benching day on Friday goes just as well. To be honest, pulling over 400 pounds wasn't really the plan going into today's session, but seeing how I haven't done it for 3.5 years (to the day!) I figured I owed it to myself to move some real weight. That's all for now. Until next time. :weightlifter:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Solid work on the 5/3/1 deads, and then the 405 rep, nice job man!! good job overall!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Freako - Thanks, buddy. 500 is right around the corner! :spy:

Storm - Heh, that never really crossed my mind to be honest. It was one of those rare workouts that I kept postponing but, when I got there, felt "right," if you will. I just settled into the session very comfortably.

Prince V - As always, I appreciate the kind words. Hopefully, I'll be doing Kroc Rows with the 100's sometime soon, as that's the heaviest dumbbells our gym currently has and, well, I like maxing out the gym I'm at.

Update: Taking 'er easy today. Another cardio session followed by a watching a movie or two and getting a review written. I can't wait for tomorrows bench session though. Until next time. :weightlifter:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good rest and food goes a long way, cant wait for your bench session! :headbang:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
congrats on that 405 pull def. not ordinary seeing someone lift that, after 3.5 years heavy deads absent.

(did I make sense? lol)

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Prince V - I had a great day off. Had a nice cardio session and, other than that, just took it easy. Felt full of energy going into today's workout.

Natzo - Ha, you made sense so no worries there. Thanks for the kind words though. Deadlift was always a strong movement for me, even before I began training consistently. If only my squat would jump back up like that!

Update: I was originally going to go into the gym around 4 today but got impatient and felt nourished enough to head there at 1:30. I made a few positioning adjustments on my bench, which seemed to pay dividends -- I now feel more stable and am moving the bar along a more efficient, repeatable plane. Also, I've began incorporating some antagonist stretching and band face pulls between my pressing sets. Anyway, here goes...

Date: 6.25.10

Time: 1:30 pm

Duration: 55 min

BB Bench
Set #1 - 225 pounds x 3 reps
Set #2 - 240 pounds x 3 reps
Set #3 - 250 pounds x 9 reps

DB Press Superset with Rope Face Pulls
Set #1 - 90 pounds x 8 reps AND 70 pounds x 25 reps
Set #2 - 90 pounds x 8 reps AND 100 pounds x 15 reps
Set #3 - 90 pounds x 9 reps AND 100 pounds x 15 reps
Set #4 - 90 pounds x 8 reps AND 100 pounds x 15 reps
Set #5 - 90 pounds x 8 reps AND 100 pounds x 15 reps

Parallel Bar Dips
Set #1 - BW x 20 reps
Set #2 - BW x 15 reps
Set #2 - BW x 15 reps
Set #2 - BW x 15 reps
Set #2 - BW + 45 pounds x 10 reps

(First time doing weighted dips in a while. Felt good. Expect More in the future.)

Band Push Ups
Set #1 - 16 reps
Set #2 - 12 reps
Set #3 - 14 reps

(First time doing these ever.)

And that is that. No complaints with today's session: My muscles and joints felt good and all my movements were pretty smooth and controlled. I can't say I'm looking forward to tomorrow's squat session, but I'll be damned if I don't give it my all anyway. Until next time. :weightlifter:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Great 405 dead mate and your last session was solid. Very strong bench presses.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Very nice bench session Line, good work, strong dips as well! ur gonna kill the squats! :headbang:

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking solid Line, hell of a deadlift after all that time.

Are you planning on dropping or adding body weight?

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
hey hey great bench line, killer:O what type of stretching are you doing specifically inbetween pressing? Static stretches?
SideReachLat-1.jpg
lat_stretch-1.jpg
or something more dynamic?

I only ever dynamic stretch before a session starts and static either after a shower at end of day or immediately after a session. So im curious is all. xoxo