• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Line - "We Can Rebuild Him"

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Lance - Thanks, man. 405 felt great and, for whatever reason, perhaps the few postural tweaks I made, benching felt easier than ever.

Prince V - Ha, well I didn't kill squats but they are improving, just slowly and surely. Expect a hell of a lot more weighted dips in the future though. :headbang:

lifterdead - At the moment I'm dropping bodyweight, but, because I hadn't been lifting heavy (or progressively heavier) for so long, I've actually put on a pound or two. No worries though, as some detail in upper body and lower body are emerging. I doubt I'll ever end up much below 190 if I keep lifting like this.

Pickle - I use some dynamic stuff before my sessions and static afterward. I'll also do some static work for the antagonist muscles throughout my workout, provided I don't plan on training them later on that day. I like reminding myself to do my static work right when I'm finished or, with me being me, it'll never get done.

Update: Another squat day, another hangover. I was going to get myself back on a M (Military), T (Deadlift), W (Off), TR (Bench), F (Squat) regimen but keep putting it off for one reason or another so again I move onward feeling like death. My joints were a bit sore following this session and, after running around all day Sunday during softball, I didn't much feel like pressing Monday. That said, I'll be in the gym today giving it my all. Anyway, here's Saturday's squat session.

Date: 6.26.10

Time: 4:00 pm

Duration: 45 min

Back Squat
(Following two "feel" sets)
Set #1 - 230 pounds x 3 reps
Set #2 - 245 pounds x 3 reps
Set #3 - 255 pounds x 9 reps
(Meh)

Front Squat
Set #1 - 185 x 10 reps
Set #2 - 185 x 10 reps
Set #3 - 185 x 10 reps
(Felt much better than last week)

Pull Ups Superset with Lying Leg Curls
Set #1 - BW x 10 reps AND 45 pounds x 12 reps
Set #2 - BW x 10 reps AND 45 pounds x 12 reps
Set #3 - BW x 10 reps AND 45 pounds x 12 reps

Seated Calve Raises
Set #1 - BW x 20 reps
Set #2 - 90 pounds x 15 reps

And that's all she wrote for that day. We have company in from Scotland so I had to be in-and-out of the gym before dinner, plus, you know, the whole hangover thing was dragging me down. Overall, I don't think it was an unproductive session, just not a very productive one either. Still, I will say that my form and depth on squats has never looked better, so I'm hoping the numbers will creep up to match my efforts sometime soon. Military pressing later today; can't wait. Until next time. :weightlifter:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good session man, next time will be better, still liking those fsq, keep it up

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
lol at another hangover.

Great session nontheless. Good numbers on the back squat followed by front squats.

I'm sure, with perseverance your squats will come up and its great that your concentrating on form rather than ego.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
nice session line,
9 reps on squat hey... are you on week 2 as well or am i trying to match your week 1 reps on my week 2? you got 10 reps last week and you back it up with 9 reps with 5% more weight! how am i going to beat that lol.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Prince V - Thanks for the encouraging words. I really need to stop wearing sleeveless shirts on my squat days though, as I feel they're holding my fronties back a bit (no pun intended). Then again, I'm thinking about giving Zerchers a go next cycle, but we'll see.

Lance - Yeah, age does funny things to you. Once upon a time I cared little about form, not that my form was bad, but it certainly wasn't optimal in terms of both safety and productivity. Then again, neither is binge drinking, but I can't be expected to learn too much too quickly. :p

Pickle - That squat session was my final workout of week 2, so I've just begun week 3 today. But hey, you're sporting a 600 total and I'm at a measly 584, so it appears I'm the one chasing you.

Update: My knees were a bit sore after my squat workout so I took Monday off. Then on Tuesday I was running around trying to procure new bar stools for the club I run so I didn't have time to train then either. Oh, and my car died last night. But despite all this, I got back into the gym today and had a good pressing session (although I left my damn log book in the aforementioned car, which is currently at the mechanic's). So here's my session to the best of my recollection. I may also be posting a video of my last pressing set, though I'm feeling a bit camera shy. We shall see.

Date: 6.30.10

Time: 7:15 pm

Duration: 50 min

5/3/1 Status: Cycle 3, Week 3

Military Press
Set #1 - 145 pounds x 5 reps
Set #2 - 160 pounds x 3 reps
Set #3 - 180 pounds x 6 reps

Seated DB Press Superset with Pull Ups
Set #1 - 80 pounds x 10 reps AND BW x 10 reps
Set #2 - 80 pounds x 10 reps AND BW x 10 reps
Set #3 - 80 pounds x 10 reps AND BW x 8 reps
Set #4 - 80 pounds x 10 reps AND BW x 8 reps
Set #5 - 80 pounds x 10 reps AND BW x 6 reps

Rope Face Pulls
Set #1 - 120 pounds x 15 reps
Set #2 - 120 pounds x 15 reps
Set #3 - 120 pounds x 15 reps
Set #4 - 120 pounds x 15 reps
Set #5 - 120 pounds x 15 reps

Parallel Bar Dips Superset with Seated Calve Raises
Set #1 - BW + 45 pounds x 10 reps AND 90 pounds x 15 reps
Set #2 - BW + 90 pounds x 8 reps AND 90 pounds x 20 reps
Set #3 - BW + 90 pounds x 8 reps DROP SET BW x 20 reps AND 90 pounds x 20 reps

And that's all for today. I'm really glad I started doing weighted dips again and, perhaps more importantly, military presses are emerging as a new favorite movement of mine. I'm also glad that I've had the willpower to do some calve work as of late, as they've always been a weak point for me and I've never really enjoyed training them. Anyway, as stated above, I'll see what I can do to post a video of my last pressing set. Until next time. :weightlifter:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Solid week 3 numbers, and dips too.

Post the vid :shakefist:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Solid week 3 numbers, and dips too.

Post the vid:shakefist:

im jealous of your delt strength

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Meh. Fourth rep was a bit weak and I'm not sure I went low enough but here goes...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
looks good to me, i bring the bar closer to my upper chest and front delts on the down but ive seen many a strong man do it just a bit above like you as well. Id be happy moving that weight that controlled. One day ^^ massive props to doing it with legs together and no belt as well. fuck that lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Those MPs look good to me, and props for keep going after that 4th grinding rep. I'm also loving standing MPs nowadays.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow, some strong MP's here. 2 plates per side in no time!

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Lance - Yeah, age does funny things to you. Once upon a time I cared little about form, not that my form was bad, but it certainly wasn't optimal in terms of both safety and productivity. Then again, neither is binge drinking, but I can't be expected to learn too much too quickly. :p

That's so true it hurts. I'm a damn old bastard...er..."experienced fella".

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
wow mighty delts there, no i'm the one using you has inspiration for today's delt workout.

great, great workout there, good pressing.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Pickle - Yeah, I feel I could probably go a bit lower, as I seem to be struggling a bit more with the top part of the movement rather than the initial phase. And yeah, I'm trying to stray away from using any equipment, other than chalk of course. :p

Storm - I used to do them sitting back when I trained with Glex because I liked the stability that a bench afforded. Now I much prefer standing and am glad to hear you're a fan as well. Thanks for the kind words.

Anabolicus - As stated above, I used to do them seated and was able to do two plates for about four reps, so getting back to that point is definitely a short-term goal of mine. Glad you stopped by.

Freako - Thanks, Ben. It's always encouraging to hear from you.

Natzo - Cheers, buddy. No reason we can't both inspire each other. :2:

Update: Deadlifting in a bit. Probably won't do a vid today but will be sure to give it my all.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Update: Deadlifting in a bit. Probably won't do a vid today but will be sure to give it my all.

your all never gonna give you vids because im a massive tease :(

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Update: My life has consisted of a fairly odd sequences of events the past two days. Well, only one event, really, but it is rather crippling. My car died on my way home from softball, so I'm without transportation for awhile now. Still, I was able to borrow a vehicle and get to the gym for a bit, but I only had enough time to do my deads and get out of there before my ride for, you guessed it, softball arrived. That said, it was still a productive enough session and, because I'm not taking a day off between my dead and bench day this week, I don't really mind the "I'm not doing jack shit" approach to assistance work...at least for today.

Date: 7.1.10

Time: 4:20 pm

Duration: 25 min

5/3/1 Status: Cycle 3, Week 3

BB Deadlift
Set #1 - 265 pounds x 5 reps
Set #2 - 300 pounds x 3 reps
Set #3 - 335 pounds x 12 reps

And I was outta there. Surprisingly, I felt pretty good following the workout and, despite being hit in the head with a ball tonight whilst sliding into third base (for those wondering, yes, I was safe), I feel pretty good now. In fact, the whole car thing hurts a lot more, as I don't have money saved and now need to put my entire cash flow towards buying a new one. No more nights out. No more toking and watching movies. Oh well, at least my abs will probably come in faster. Until next time. :weightlifter:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
sux major about the car. but at least u did great on ur sess(considering) and were safe in softball lolol

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice deads Line. Your triceps stuck out when you were doing presses, looks like you got a good set of arms.