• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Max´s Log

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
no not gonna post the program

today i did legs

squats:80%of max
-112kg 5 reps
-112kg 5 reps

leg press:
-190kg 6 reps
-200kg 6 reps
-210kg 6 reps

leg exstension:
-130lbs 10 reps
-150lbs 10 reps
-150lbs 10 reps

leg curls:
-90lbs 8 reps
-90lbs 8 reps
-90lbs 8 reps

standing calf raises:
-90kg 15 reps
-90kg 15 reps
-90kg 15 reps

Why? Is it a secret super program?

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i am hopeful that i can bench in a shirt today

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Why are you going straight into shirted benching Max? There's a lot written about raw carry-over to shirted benching. You'd do much better to work at you raw bench first before touching equipment. A lot of shirted benchers don't even touch a shirt during their prep cycles til a couple of weeks out from competition, and that's mainly to make sure the shirt fits right and so they're used to the pressing groove.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^^^

just for the same reason a guy in my gym wanted to deadlift 60 kg with straps..

to lift more weight or more reps.. doesn't matter that you're weak in the movement even with shirt/straps.. ego..

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why are you going straight into shirted benching Max? There's a lot written about raw carry-over to shirted benching. You'd do much better to work at you raw bench first before touching equipment. A lot of shirted benchers don't even touch a shirt during their prep cycles til a couple of weeks out from competition, and that's mainly to make sure the shirt fits right and so they're used to the pressing groove.

its becouse its only 4 weeks until meet and i want feel comfartable benching with a shirt in the meet

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I mean, why are you going into shirted benching at all? If you want to be serious with powerlifting then train for a raw bench and just compete raw at the comp to give you a starting total. Then train some more! Once you have brought your raw bench up to a respectable level then have a dig at equipped lifting. You'll then confidently be able to throw some big weight around.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I mean, why are you going into shirted benching at all? If you want to be serious with powerlifting then train for a raw bench and just compete raw at the comp to give you a starting total. Then train some more! Once you have brought your raw bench up to a respectable level then have a dig at equipped lifting. You'll then confidently be able to throw some big weight around.

sure i could do all those things but i want to be competetive with others so that is why i want use the shirt

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Max, its your first comp. You will suck compared to others but that's not the point, everybody does. What you are there to do is to set a total so the next time you compete you will have something to beat.

If you don't concentrate on your weak points first you will never have a chance at becoming competitive. Your raw bench is weak and it will always hold back your geared bench unless you do something about it.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
^We'll see how that turns out under competition conditions.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
today i only did chest

bb bench press:
wu:
-40kg 10
-60kg 10
-80kg 1 rep
-100kg 1 rep

work sets:
-120kg
-120kg
-120kg
-120kg
i only had one of my two buddys so i couldn´t go heavyer the this
btw i have some crazy bruises after the bench shirt

incline machine press:
-60kg 10 reps
-70kg 10 reps
-80kg 10 reps

flat db press:
-30kg to fail
-30kg to fail
-30kg to fail

so on friday i will do:back,tricep,arms,shoulders

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
120 with shirt?

how many reps?

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I gotta second El Freako on the bench shit. Dude, if you only can hit 100 for a few reps raw, you need to work on your raw bench FIRST. You're still just a beginner, in that regard. Save the shirt for later in PL career.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
oh noes relying on a spotter to go heavier then 120kg and u intend to do 140 at the meet. lol max your gonna hurt yourself :S