• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

milk and bulking

B

bcity101

What type of milk (soy, 1%, 2%, whole or fat free) is better when you are bulking so that yo do not gain too much body fat but still put on true mass? Or should this not be a factor, since you will gain bodyfat anyway.

P

Pain

VIP
Semi-skimmed milk should be fine. How much milk do you plan on drinking?

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I have never been drinking milk to bulk up. But a milk with as low fat % as possible would be good IMO, A few % wouldn't kill you either.

B

bcity101

oh ok, I was just going to mix it with my protein shakes. But i tried the light soy milk and i like it, it ony has 2g of fat, 8g of net carbs, and like 6 grams of protein so i was thinkin about using that.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
oh ok, I was just going to mix it with my protein shakes. But i tried the light soy milk and i like it, it ony has 2g of fat, 8g of net carbs, and like 6 grams of protein so i was thinkin about using that.

As a "gainer" after a workout it would work good.

P

Pain

VIP

Mix your shakes with water, it'll digest quicker.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gotto love milk. I drink around 1 tot 1.5L a day

warpig

warpig

is whole milk good to have your shakes with, or is there too much fat?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depends on body type and goals but I dont see any problem with throwing in 1 or 2% milk while bulking. As far as quality of protein goes, it is second to none really.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
the only time i drink my shakes without milk is post workout.... hate the taste of it with water :disgust:

Love milk though... cant get enough. I drink Low fat milk

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
man i love milk. i hate that i've had to all but eliminate it in my diet. go with 1% or 2% and you'll be fine. you should avoid soy as it really doesn't do anything normal milk doesn't already do except taste worse and negatively influence your estrogen levels.