• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

milk and bulking

B

bcity101

Member
Member
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
10
Points
1
What type of milk (soy, 1%, 2%, whole or fat free) is better when you are bulking so that yo do not gain too much body fat but still put on true mass? Or should this not be a factor, since you will gain bodyfat anyway.
 
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
Semi-skimmed milk should be fine. How much milk do you plan on drinking?
 
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
8,184
Points
63
I have never been drinking milk to bulk up. But a milk with as low fat % as possible would be good IMO, A few % wouldn't kill you either.
 
B

bcity101

Member
Member
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
10
Points
1
oh ok, I was just going to mix it with my protein shakes. But i tried the light soy milk and i like it, it ony has 2g of fat, 8g of net carbs, and like 6 grams of protein so i was thinkin about using that.
 
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
8,184
Points
63
oh ok, I was just going to mix it with my protein shakes. But i tried the light soy milk and i like it, it ony has 2g of fat, 8g of net carbs, and like 6 grams of protein so i was thinkin about using that.

As a "gainer" after a workout it would work good.
 
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
oh ok, I was just going to mix it with my protein shakes. But i tried the light soy milk and i like it, it ony has 2g of fat, 8g of net carbs, and like 6 grams of protein so i was thinkin about using that.

Mix your shakes with water, it'll digest quicker.
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
Gotto love milk. I drink around 1 tot 1.5L a day
 
warpig

warpig

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
345
Points
18
is whole milk good to have your shakes with, or is there too much fat?
 
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
2,487
Points
38
Depends on body type and goals but I dont see any problem with throwing in 1 or 2% milk while bulking. As far as quality of protein goes, it is second to none really.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
the only time i drink my shakes without milk is post workout.... hate the taste of it with water :disgust:

Love milk though... cant get enough. I drink Low fat milk
 
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
3,424
Points
38
man i love milk. i hate that i've had to all but eliminate it in my diet. go with 1% or 2% and you'll be fine. you should avoid soy as it really doesn't do anything normal milk doesn't already do except taste worse and negatively influence your estrogen levels.
 

Similar threads

Fadi Hussain
Replies
0
Views
139
Fadi Hussain
Fadi Hussain
Fadi Hussain
Replies
0
Views
128
Fadi Hussain
Fadi Hussain
FrenzyMaster
Replies
0
Views
439
FrenzyMaster
FrenzyMaster
Top