• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

MuscleMecca: Do you Train with a Training Partner or Train Solo At The Gym

Train with a Partner Or Solo

• Total voters
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've trained with the same dude for 2 years now...most the time I enjoy it for the simple fact you push each other and always have that spot when you need it. But there are those days were we don't agree on certain exercises or the pace etc. So ya once in awhile I enjoy to train solo but for the most part its a combo

B

bigbenmarch

used to have a partner back home to train with. but since moving to aus i hit the plates alone. nobody at my gym shares the same goal of making the bars bend. cant wait to get home next year and get back with the old boys in the blood and sawdust gym thow

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like training with other people, but I train solo.

I've found that their are many advantages but a lot of disadvantages. Scheduling is always a big issue. How motivated the other person is and whether they are at your level is also a big factor. Whether it becomes a talk fest or a two man lift fest is another issue. Just because you train with someone doesn't mean the workout should take longer, nor that you should ever need a spot (why is it that as soon as you ask for a liftoff on bench everyone wants to grab the bar and say it is all you?? I wouldn't put the weight on the bar if I couldn't lift the bloody thing).

Plus training partners often seem to be in two categories: Frat or HC. The latter are rare and usually pretty serious lifters. The frat or others are just as much about posing and chatting as anything and usually hog equipment.

R

remnant

Banned
I have never gone to the gym to train preferring instead to exercise
in my immediate environment including indoors as most of my exercises
don't need equipment. However, I am rarely accompanied chiefly
because I prefer competing against myself rather than competing with
others.

Torres

Torres

99% of the time I train alone. For one thing, not too many people can keep up with my pace , I rest very little unless I'm wasted tired and I'm no nonsense. I don't speak to people , congregate around the water fountain, none of that shit. I'm in , I'm out.
I can't stand those dudes that go in packs of 3-4 or more and take forever to do an excercise. Hey man , if you wanna waste your time talking and bullshiting , good, gives me more access to the machines or free weights.

P

Pharmacom

I train with partner . Its very comfortable