• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

MuscleTech drops Gustavo Badell and Melvin Anthony

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's for the best. These two bodybuilders have been slacking for years.

Muscular Development said:
Out with the old and in with the new - so they say. Gustavo made a great impression at the 2009 Atlantic City Pro but failed to hold it together at the Olympia. Same with Melvin Anthony. Melvin was knocking on the Olympia door only to miss making top six last year.

Both are back this season looking to regain their dominance but I am afraid that for the both of them they have reached their peak and are slowly headed down that dreadful hill.

Let's see what this year brings for them and hopefully they can claw their way out of the hole, regain their footing and become the King of the Mountain again. If Branch and Jay can come back so then can Gustavo and Melvin.
(This story is based on the fact that neither Gustavo Badell nor Melvin Anthony are no longer on the MuscleTech's Team Page:

Last edited by a moderator:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
why to spend money in gustavo or melvin when you have David Turk?

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
And they got Cedric McMillan! good move.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^ i didn't know they signed cedric congrats to him!

As for Melvin and Gustavo.......2 bums........neither of them deserved it

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Holy crap! This is crazy! Melvin too?! What the... Man I'm shocked. We'll see how Melvin does this year though I'm sure he'll bring it! Can't say the same about Gustavo I think he's all washed up. Time to hang up his trunks.

Berry

Berry

I've heard that Melvin will be at the FIBO with QNT :wutyousay:

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

After top 6 in 2008 Melvin had a big downfall, 11th place at the Olympia in 2009 and didn't held the Atlantic City title, I think despite his structure and posing abilities is good days are almost over, too much upcoming younger guys, Gustavo well after top 3 in 2005 he has just kept getting worst and worst, waist got huge, same for his gut, he should call it and quit.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think Branch Warren talked about this at a seminar I went to back in December 09.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good decision. i dont like either of em. theyre both douchebags(specially gustavo) and havent brought anything special to the stage in the last few years.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Now if only BSN would drop big ol' Trey.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good call. Too man gifted new athletes coming into the scene.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good decision on MT's part.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

BSN will probably give Trey one more chance. He screws up again, he's done for.
Actually he did.After all the hype about his "IMPROVEMENTS" for the 09 Nationals he ended up getting worst than last year, if possible.I was a fan of Brewer but I realized that despite being huge for his age, he's just that, size.His lats make his back horrible, he looks good in promotional shots but on stage....:umwtf: