• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My cutting diet, please advise

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

how does it not prove my point? look around at all the client transformations on that site. oh shit looks to me as if these people are gaining muscle while burning fat. i posted the first one i saw. sorry it wasn't up to your standards, but nothing will unless it was posted in a medical science book.

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

If you could kindly point me to the place where he says he will be on gear during this diet :) It would be much appreciated :music:

he doesn't state it. he posts in the advanced chemicals thread aka gear thread. he has stated in there he isn't natural. so i assume he is probably on something at this point. if he isn't then i would help him with a natural diet custom to his needs.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
His point is that you have to look at the time in which these people make these transformations... if you average them out then there is plenty of time for bulk/diet type phases... or accidental bulk/diet phases.

I'm going to assume you believe what pros say about training/nutrition and what's written in magazines.

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

here's another good diet program justwonderin. if your natural just reduce the amount of shakes or take them out completely. obviously your not trying to get into comp shape but it's a good fat burning diet. so you can run it untill you reach your goal then phase out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
buzzkill44

buzzkill44

His point is that you have to look at the time in which these people make these transformations... if you average them out then there is plenty of time for bulk/diet type phases... or accidental bulk/diet phases.

I'm going to assume you believe what pros say about training/nutrition and what's written in magazines.

no i do not read bodybuilding mags or believe 99% of the crap in them. only time i get one is if i know someone in an add. and yes some people took longer to meet there goals, but a lot of the transformations are 10-12 weeks.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
In a 12 week diet...there is no way you can competition diet, and make any significant muscle gain.

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

In a 12 week diet...there is no way you can competition diet, and make any significant muscle gain.

he isn't trying to get into competition shape. he is trying to cut some fat. it's just a base for a weight loss diet. modify it to your needs.

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

anyways all i'm trying to say is if you have the mindset that something is impossible then it damn sure will be, but if you believe in breaking barriers and making shit happen then you can do anything. make the impossible possible! it's all in your mindset.

did bruce lee give up after the doctors said he would never walk again? no! he said fuck that shit i'm gonna come outta here and side kick your ass across the room. we're here to inspire people not set barriers.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yes this is true but aren't we trying to gain muscle here. why waste the gear while trying to cut some fat. why not gain muscle and also burn fat. again gear boosts protein synthesis. so you need more protein to gain more muscle. honestly who wants to maintain the same muscle mass? just my opinion. take it or leave it.

and the post your referring to i admit i phrased it wrong. i meant gain muscle while burning fat not maintain.

Yes, Steroids do boost protein synthesis. But TRAINING ,not steroids,is the main stimulus your body is responding to that causes the muscle growth.

Steroids prevent muscle catabolism which is one trait. Steroids also increases protein synthesis which is an entirely different trait than their anticatabolic function.

Increasing protein consumption as high as suggested just because someone is on gear is only a good idea if the person is lifting heavier or uses higher volume while weight training while on steroids. Which in turn will cause the persons body to require the extra protein. The protein intake should match the needs of the athlete. To go above and beyond to ridiculous amounts is not necessary even while on steroids. Match what the athlete needs not what some pro tells someone all the other pros are doing.

Justwonderin

Justwonderin

Increasing protein consumption as high as suggested just because someone is on gear is only a good idea if the person is lifting heavier or uses higher volume while weight training while on steroids. Which in turn will cause the persons body to require the extra protein. The protein intake should match the needs of the athlete. To go above and beyond to ridiculous amounts is not necessary even while on steroids. Match what the athlete needs not what some pro tells someone all the other pros are doing.

i haven't been reading most of this forum even though i posted it b/c it turned into a protein requirement argument. but I do agree w/ this. my work out the past few weeks hasn't been consistent b/c my car is in the shop. so its like I dont need protein shakes right now b/c im only in the gym 3 days a week when i can get a ride and not working out hardcore like i should be.

also how did AAS get brought up?? who said anything about that?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How in the world did I miss out on this thread???? I have a few points that I would like to make.

1) When you add AAS into the mix, it changes everything. There is a little thing called ethics that gets in the way of doing actual science in regards to anabolics and human use thereof. You can not take ANYTHING that a user does and apply it to a natural because it is a completely different environment.

2) Aside from the de-trained state (which none of use should fall into because, after all, this is a bodybuilding forum) to gain any significant muscle while losing any significant fat is simply an oxymoron. Again, anabolics will change this so lets assume that we are talking about the natural athlete. It is quite simple and refers to the first law of thermodynamics; you must be in a caloric deficit to burn fat. The process of burning fat is a catabolic process. You must be in a caloric surplus to gain muscle. The process of gaining muscle is an anabolic process.

3) Protein requirements are based on many factors. One of these factors is total body weight but even more importantly is lean tissue. I cant take my 300 lb client that wants to lose fat and gain muscle and tell him to consume 450 grams of protein when he is 40% body fat. This being said, the grams/kg measurement is sufficient if not more than sufficient in most all cases. I will admit that I exceed this measurement in the very final weeks before competition but that is a completely different scenario than what justwonderin is referring to. When all other macronutrients are brought down to bring out extreme muscle definition and rid the body of excess water, the calories are made up through the only sensible macronutrient for a short period of time in order to prevent muscle loss. This is extreme and is not beneficial at any other time.

4) Science is fact.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i haven't been reading most of this forum even though i posted it b/c it turned into a protein requirement argument. but I do agree w/ this. my work out the past few weeks hasn't been consistent b/c my car is in the shop. so its like I dont need protein shakes right now b/c im only in the gym 3 days a week when i can get a ride and not working out hardcore like i should be.

also how did AAS get brought up?? who said anything about that?

Buzzkill mentioned that you posted a thread about being on cycle. So i discussed protein consumption while on cycle. That was the brunt of what happened concerning my input.

Justwonderin

Justwonderin

Buzzkill mentioned that you posted a thread about being on cycle. So i discussed protein consumption while on cycle. That was the brunt of what happened concerning my input.

naw, im on the strait and narrow. nothing right now, I want to cut before I start back. I'm getting too soft to mess w/ that right now. My biggest problem is trying to cut while not getting to work out. this is a diet for someone who can't make it to the gym for more than 3 times a week an hour a day. I can't put on the muscle i want to help me burn more calories