• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Name the Most Retarded Trainings Myths

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the only way to get big is to be a gym every day, all day.

the more sets you do, the better

lunges are for girls

greg valentino is the worlds biggest bodybuilder :)uhoh2:)

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

everyone who sees my bb magazines: eww thats gross they must be on 'roids

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Can you do 200LB dumbell presses, cable crossovers with the stack, or even squat from 135 to 500lbs for 6 sets of 12 reps each?

Until then, respect the fridge, he's certainly earned it. :tiphat:

no disrespect intended he is a very hard worker. just on some of the lifts i've seen him doing on his vids and whatnot i would have expected a little more from a guy that is as otherwordly huge and thick as he is. i've never seen him pressing the 200 db's before is that on youtube or do you have a link?

:49: "the fridge" that's a great nickname

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no disrespect intended he is a very hard worker. just on some of the lifts i've seen him doing on his vids and whatnot i would have expected a little more from a guy that is as otherwordly huge and thick as he is. i've never seen him pressing the 200 db's before is that on youtube or do you have a link?

:49: "the fridge" that's a great nickname

That's because almost all of his vids are based on the lead-up to, or, post competition - in which he's fairly depleted and lifting around 70-80% his max at best. Now we know that the likes of Coleman, even 4 weeks out from competition, still lifts some dam heavy-ass weight... but you have to keep in mind what Bulkboy :2: said earlier in this post - that Cutler's very particular about avoiding injuries so he doesn't go insane with the weights.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's because almost all of his vids are based on the lead-up to, or, post competition - in which he's fairly depleted and lifting around 70-80% his max at best. Now we know that the likes of Coleman, even 4 weeks out from competition, still lifts some dam heavy-ass weight... but you have to keep in mind what Bulkboy :2: said earlier in this post - that Cutler's very particular about avoiding injuries so he doesn't go insane with the weights.

word. he's a smart and very hard worker. i'd love to see him train balls to the wall in the offseason and see what he's capable of just out of curiousity. not my favorite bber but gotta respect him tho

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i've never seen him pressing the 200 db's before is that on youtube or do you have a link?

No. I've seen pics on Flexonline from a while ago when he was doing his offseason training. Don't know if they still have them. He was wearing a Koloseum tank-top though. :dunnodude: I don't know if that helps dude.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No. I've seen pics on Flexonline from a while ago when he was doing his offseason training. Don't know if they still have them. He was wearing a Koloseum tank-top though. :dunnodude: I don't know if that helps dude.

impressive. i've only seen coleman and cormier do them (cormier's attempt was shaky as hell, it's on youtube) i'll have to try and find that thanks:tiphat:

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm taking this in the same direction as you guy, bodybuilding and its affiliations:
This has been said by my friend:
-I could be big, but I don't try as hard.
-I don't wanna take ANY supplements because I don't wanna be too big.(when told that he was full of shit, he said"well, I'm just sayin'." DDDDDumbass)
-He also asked me, "how much do you "lift"."

I siad wow to all 3. Hes a lazy sonbitch, he doesn't understand that it's not just, "I don't try as hard," bodybuilding would kick his ass everyday if he actually attempted lol.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll kick of

1. high reps get you 'toned' - Whatever that means.

2. When you stop working out all your muscles will turn to fat

bingo, i was thinking that exact same thing.

VBP

VBP

I can't even count the times, that I've heard the "Protein is a steroid" -thing... Just retarted. There's way too many fuckin' myths:angrydude::ihavesandinmyvagina

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
does it ever anger you to know..... that these myths will be regarded as common knowledge to vast majority of ignorant people forever.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

I constantly hear people in my weight training class say that if they train chest every day they will grow immensely

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, most of the most annoying myths have already been mentioned, but......

I absolutely hate it when people say:

"I don't want to get too big, I just want to get toned."

:angrydude::angrydude::angrydude:

This, in response to suggestions they squat or deadlift more. Jebus, I also tell them:

"Don't worry. I've never met anyone who had to stop working out because they got too big...."

:gtfoslap:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
"Don't worry. I've never met anyone who had to stop working out because they got too big...."

:gtfoslap:

:keke:... some peoples legs grow so thick they have to buy pants a few sizes above their waist size just to fit them and Ive also known bodybuilders who had wear marks on a lot of their clothes in the inner thigh region because the size of their legs caused epic chafing. Surely that pisses them off that they are too big because they have to buy clothes more regularly... Id quit if i had ronnie legs... lol

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:keke:... some peoples legs grow so thick they have to buy pants a few sizes above their waist size just to fit them and Ive also known bodybuilders who had wear marks on a lot of their clothes in the inner thigh region because the size of their legs caused epic chafing. Surely that pisses them off that they are too big because they have to buy clothes more regularly... Id quit if i had ronnie legs... lol

:49: Im one of those people. I normally would wear a 32 in waist, but I have to buy 34s or sometimes 36 depending on the brand (because of my ass from squatting) and buy the baggy fit jeans that fit me so damn tight... :no:
But I would rather have big legs and squat. I have over a 12 jeans in my closet that I cannot wear anymore, I see it as progress :D

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

definitely is
luckily I don't have that problem right now haha

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
:49: Im one of those people. I normally would wear a 32 in waist, but I have to buy 34s or sometimes 36 depending on the brand (because of my ass from squatting) and buy the baggy fit jeans that fit me so damn tight... :no:
But I would rather have big legs and squat. I have over a 12 jeans in my closet that I cannot wear anymore, I see it as progress :D

nice progress indeed if you have done away with 12 pairs !

for me having to do away with a good set of pants tho always shits me. I mean at least with shirts they can be fashionable if you wear them tight. Pants I like are hard to come by and then my legs grow out of them. :(:(

:bowroflarms: at least Some bodybuilders would be lucky tho. Ala cutler, his waist is always one step ahead of his leg growth. :49: zing

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
some idiot the other day telling me how squatting works your hamstrings more than your quads... LOL. I honestly couldnt stop laughing.

The same idiot was also the same guy who told me he was using "spray HGH," you know, some of that legal steroid crap. rofl.