• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Name the Most Retarded Trainings Myths

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
There isnt really anything else to add haha... everything has already been said.
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
i love it when people say they are gonna put on as much fat as possible and then convert it to muscle:49:
 
patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,111
Points
38
^ Never heard that one before but its a good one....LOL
 
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
if you workout for too long in a single session
you die.
total myth. longest time ive stayed in a gym working out
bout 5hours. bad idea though.

What were you doing for 5 hours?
 
jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
499
Points
18
"I don't workout because I like being skinny"
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
One time some kid said to me after a set of my hammer curls: "My trainer said those work your triceps more than your biceps," undoubtedly trying to spread the wealth of knowledge he had garnered from his trainer. Yeah, well that's money well spent there, genius.

"I can do cardio in less than 20 minutes." :no:

"Lifting weights is unhealthy." Very general form of many that have already been said.

"Taking protein is unhealthy."

"You can't get big without lifting weights." Ever seen how big some people can get just by doing bodyweight exercises?
 
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
"You can't get big without lifting weights." Ever seen how big some people can get just by doing bodyweight exercises?

Exactly, some... some with amazing genetics. You can gain some lean mass with bodyweight but it's not very easy, nor can everyone do it as effectively as some. But to say you "can't" get big without weights is wrong as well I agree.
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
^^ Yeah, I certainly don't think bodyweight exercises are usually the most efficient way to get big, but it does happen.

Take a look at the Great Gama, born in 1882 :linedrunk:

GreatGama 1


I don't know much about his training, but I read something about him doing a lot of bodyweight squats.
 

Similar threads

Top