• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Obama rally draws 75,000 people

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
... and probably less than 5% of them actually know anything about his policies.

portland10-1.jpg

From NBC's Mark Hudspeth
Per the Obama campaign, 75,000 people (60,000 in the gates and 15,000 outside of them) turned out in Portland to hear Obama speak there this afternoon -- making it the largest Obama crowd to date.

Duane Bray, the battalion chief with Portland Fire and Rescue, validated that crowd estimate, the campaign says.

*** UPDATE *** Here's the dispatch from NBC/NJ's Athena Jones... Some 75,000 people flocked to Portland’s waterfront Sunday to watch Barack Obama speak, making it the biggest rally the campaign has held to date. Thousands stood on the lawn, dozens watched from boats and from the bridge stretching across the Willamette River. A few kayakers held their paddles and tried to keep their kayaks straight as they watched the candidate, who stood on a makeshift platform.

Obama hailed Clinton as a “formidable candidate," saying she "has been smart and tough and determined and she has worked as hard as she can and she has run an extraordinary campaign."

He added a few lines to an otherwise typical stump speech, attacking presumptive GOP nominee John McCain for his ties to lobbyists, an issue the campaign is pushing and one the candidate spoke about with reporters earlier in the day. "John McCain now has had to get rid of five of his top advisers because it turns out they’re all lobbying, many of them for foreign governments. That’s because he practices the same kind of politics that we’ve grown accustomed to in Washington," he said, adding that his campaign did not take money from PACs or federal lobbyists and saying he would have meetings on C-SPAN rather behind closed doors with lobbyists "in their Gucci shoes."

He also criticized President Bush for comments he made in Israel last week comparing those who would engage in direct diplomacy with governments like Iran to those who appeased Hitler. Obama's campaign has interpreted the comments as a hit against him and today he called such tactics "Karl Rove" politics.

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wish they would look at his voting record and the policies he voted to pass

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dont know much about obama but i prefer him than macCain

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why didnt ron paul take the necessary steps to get noticed like obama did. he didnt have to compromise and of his ideas, but being noticed would have helped him alot. (ron i mean)

i think a lot of the problem with ron paul was that some of his ideas are being viewed as going backwards, and people think that is crazy to go backwards at a time like this. Like taking away the IRS and some of the other HUGE changes he talked about making, they just will not be accepted by a majority of people bc a majority of people dont know enough about gov to see how the US could run without them, so they dont vote for him bc his ideas are viewed as "to far out their" If Ron paul would have dedicated more time towards mabye explaining how things would have worked instead of just giving us his ideas he might of had a LOT more people following him.

I didnt say me now so lets not turn this into an attack bc i know people feel strongly about Ron Paul.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why didnt ron paul take the necessary steps to get noticed like obama did. he didnt have to compromise and of his ideas, but being noticed would have helped him alot. (ron i mean)

i think a lot of the problem with ron paul was that some of his ideas are being viewed as going backwards, and people think that is crazy to go backwards at a time like this. Like taking away the IRS and some of the other HUGE changes he talked about making, they just will not be accepted by a majority of people bc a majority of people dont know enough about gov to see how the US could run without them, so they dont vote for him bc his ideas are viewed as "to far out their" If Ron paul would have dedicated more time towards mabye explaining how things would have worked instead of just giving us his ideas he might of had a LOT more people following him.

I didnt say me now so lets not turn this into an attack bc i know people feel strongly about Ron Paul.

Nope not an attack at all dude, its a legit topic.

He raised over 6 million dollars in one day, on the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party, and the media barely gave it a mention. If Obama did it, it would have been front page news.

Ron Paul doesn't speak like Obama, both as fluent as a public speaker, or in vague sound bytes. All his ideas and explanations were out there, the media didn't fully elaborate them, and the people were too stupid/apathetic to look.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nope not an attack at all dude, its a legit topic.

He raised over 6 million dollars in one day, on the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party, and the media barely gave it a mention. If Obama did it, it would have been front page news.

Ron Paul doesn't speak like Obama, both as fluent as a public speaker, or in vague sound bytes. All his ideas and explanations were out there, the media didn't fully elaborate them, and the people were too stupid/apathetic to look.

:xyxthumbs: Nice reply. I definately agree, really you cant disagree bc your stating facts. The media did not take him as being legitimate, so i think that had the biggest effects on his champaign, unfortunately. :confused: