• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you need to calm yourself down.. TECH is actually right here and your completely wrong.. your not alone though, many fools have bought into his lies..
What did he lie about?

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Call me racist or wathever you want, but he won the Nobel just for being the first black president of the US.

And Bulky, I tried to get your point, man, but that doesn't sound enough for me. Did Bush did something wrong? You'll answer "Yeah, and Obama is fixing it"

Well, and know he deserves a prize for that?

I mean, it's the same Obama as... e.g. Gandhi? Is him THAT important, that great? I don't think so.

I do think is only another US president.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Serb, without going into all those points.... who cares about where the US President comes from, what religion he belongs to, or whatever else.... all that matters are his policies, and they suck more than enough to completely discredit him getting this award.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Serb, without going into all those points.... who cares about where the US President comes from, what religion he belongs to, or whatever else.... all that matters are his policies, and they suck more than enough to completely discredit him getting this award.

to me it actually really matters, if he can lie about these things then what else is he capable of?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
not doing something?

how about closing down guantanamo bay? reaching out a hand to the muslim world in kairo while making it clear to israel that they can not do as they please. how about the SDI project in europe that obama called off that will significantly improve east/west relations. how about the whole new way to use the UN? how about the initiative to get rid of all nuclear weapons? or the completely new iraq policy.

bottom line, obama has completely revolutionized international diplomacy, and has made tremendous effort in order to strenghten both east/west relations and the relation to the muslim world. and at the same time use the UN for what it was intended for. id say its a deserved award:)

Bulky I can see what you are saying but Flex's post is very important in all of this:
Flex said:
The deadline for the award was 2 weeks after he became president.

That means, he won the award for what he did before his presidency. Which was basically just bashing George Bush, bashing the Iraq war, and the Republican party. Preaching hope and change.

On the points you did make though, he is only just starting the processes involved in all of that. The inmates of Guantanamo are still largely incarcerated, only a few have had trials, so it's a start at best. His diplomacy so far has been a few meetings and agreements. Remember that GWB jr and Clinton had both negotiated peace deals in the past that crumbled soon after.

Basically every other person to recieve a Nobel prize has been awarded long after their achievments. The only other dodgy Nobel Peace prize I can think of is Yasser Arafat.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For Bulkboy, and anybody else who can't see through Obama's nonsense.

Warmonger Wins Peace Prize

by Paul Craig Roberts

It took 25 years longer than George Orwell thought for the slogans of 1984 to become reality.

"War Is Peace," "Freedom Is Slavery," "Ignorance Is Strength."

I would add, "Lie Is Truth."

The Nobel Committee has awarded the 2009 Peace Prize to President Obama, the person who started a new war in Pakistan, upped the war in Afghanistan, and continues to threaten Iran with attack unless Iran does what the US government demands and relinquishes its rights as a signatory to the non-proliferation treaty.

The Nobel committee chairman, Thorbjørn Jagland said, "Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future."

Obama, the committee gushed, has created "a new climate in international politics."

Tell that to the 2 million displaced Pakistanis and the unknown numbers of dead ones that Obama has racked up in his few months in office. Tell that to the Afghans where civilian deaths continue to mount as Obama's "war of necessity" drones on indeterminably.

No Bush policy has changed. Iraq is still occupied. The Guantanamo torture prison is still functioning. Rendition and assassinations are still occurring. Spying on Americans without warrants is still the order of the day. Civil liberties are continuing to be violated in the name of Oceania's "war on terror."

Apparently, the Nobel committee is suffering from the delusion that, being a minority, Obama is going to put a stop to Western hegemony over darker-skinned peoples.

The non-cynical can say that the Nobel committee is seizing on Obama's rhetoric to lock him into the pursuit of peace instead of war. We can all hope that it works. But the more likely result is that the award has made "War Is Peace" the reality.

Obama has done nothing to hold the criminal Bush regime to account, and the Obama administration has bribed and threatened the Palestinian Authority to go along with the US/Israeli plan to deep-six the UN's Goldstone Report on Israeli war crimes committed during Israel's inhuman military attack on the defenseless civilian population in the Gaza Ghetto.

The US Ministry of Truth is delivering the Obama administration's propaganda that Iran only notified the IAEA of its "secret" new nuclear facility because Iran discovered that US intelligence had discovered the "secret" facility. This propaganda is designed to undercut the fact of Iran's compliance with the Safeguards Agreement and to continue the momentum for a military attack on Iran.

The Nobel committee has placed all its hopes on a bit of skin color. "War Is Peace" is now the position of the formerly antiwar organization, Code Pink. Code Pink has decided that women's rights are worth a war in Afghanistan.

When justifications for war become almost endless – oil, hegemony, women's rights, democracy, revenge for 9/11, denying bases to al Qaeda, and protecting against terrorists – war becomes the path to peace.

The Nobel committee has bestowed the prestige of its Peace Prize on Newspeak and Doublethink.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^agree 100% :thumbsup2:

Obama doesn't deserve that award.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

by Paul Craig Roberts

It took 25 years longer than George Orwell thought for the slogans of 1984 to become reality.

The Nobel Committee has awarded the 2009 Peace Prize to President Obama, the person who started a new war in Pakistan, upped the war in Afghanistan, and continues to threaten Iran with attack unless Iran does what the US government demands and relinquishes its rights as a signatory to the non-proliferation treaty.

The Nobel committee chairman, Thorbjørn Jagland said, "Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future."

Obama, the committee gushed, has created "a new climate in international politics."

Tell that to the 2 million displaced Pakistanis and the unknown numbers of dead ones that Obama has racked up in his few months in office. Tell that to the Afghans where civilian deaths continue to mount as Obama's "war of necessity" drones on indeterminably.

No Bush policy has changed. Iraq is still occupied. The Guantanamo torture prison is still functioning. Rendition and assassinations are still occurring. Spying on Americans without warrants is still the order of the day. Civil liberties are continuing to be violated in the name of Oceania's "war on terror."

Apparently, the Nobel committee is suffering from the delusion that, being a minority, Obama is going to put a stop to Western hegemony over darker-skinned peoples.

The non-cynical can say that the Nobel committee is seizing on Obama's rhetoric to lock him into the pursuit of peace instead of war. We can all hope that it works. But the more likely result is that the award has made "War Is Peace" the reality.

Obama has done nothing to hold the criminal Bush regime to account, and the Obama administration has bribed and threatened the Palestinian Authority to go along with the US/Israeli plan to deep-six the UN's Goldstone Report on Israeli war crimes committed during Israel's inhuman military attack on the defenseless civilian population in the Gaza Ghetto.

The US Ministry of Truth is delivering the Obama administration's propaganda that Iran only notified the IAEA of its "secret" new nuclear facility because Iran discovered that US intelligence had discovered the "secret" facility. This propaganda is designed to undercut the fact of Iran's compliance with the Safeguards Agreement and to continue the momentum for a military attack on Iran.

The Nobel committee has placed all its hopes on a bit of skin color. "War Is Peace" is now the position of the formerly antiwar organization, Code Pink. Code Pink has decided that women's rights are worth a war in Afghanistan.

When justifications for war become almost endless – oil, hegemony, women's rights, democracy, revenge for 9/11, denying bases to al Qaeda, and protecting against terrorists – war becomes the path to peace.

The Nobel committee has bestowed the prestige of its Peace Prize on Newspeak and Doublethink.

Excellent Post

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

by Paul Craig Roberts

Beautiful post... thanks bro..

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thing is this. Nobody can really point at anyone who've done more for peace then obama this year. Sure, alot of the initiatives he's taken, we havent seen direct consequenses off yet. But alot of them can already be seen. there is no doubt that the relationship between the US and russia has improved. There is no doubt that the US are viewed more positively in the arabic world. there is no doubt that the UN's position and future have been strenghtened. alot of it is only initiatives. but isnt that just as important? A politician who is staking out a new course for this world. Politics is often about that. Having the will and determination to WANT to change things. Now if this price can give obama momentum in his work then that is fantastic.

Sure, in all of this a war is still being waged in afghanistan. But sometimes, war is necessary for peace(ww2 or balkan anyone). Obama is a realistic politician more than anything, and sometimes political realism is better than political idealism which is the case in afghanistan. Pulling out all troops wont solve anything for the civillian population or do anything about the regional problems for that matter, and will certainly lead to a taliban takeover. Obama understands the necessity of stabilizing afghanistan, and weaken the taliban in order to secure long term peace in the region. I'm not saying this can be done by military force alone. No way. Diplomatic measures, winning the afghan population over, is just as important. But military force is sometimes necessary for political and diplomatic measures to be effective. Civillian casualties is a regrettable side effect in all of this, but unfortunately unavoidable in modern warfare against a terrorist group often hiding in populated areas.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thing is this. Nobody can really point at anyone who've done more for peace then obama this year. Sure, alot of the initiatives he's taken, we havent seen direct consequenses off yet. But alot of them can already be seen. there is no doubt that the relationship between the US and russia has improved. There is no doubt that the US are viewed more positively in the arabic world. there is no doubt that the UN's position and future have been strenghtened. alot of it is only initiatives. but isnt that just as important? A politician who is staking out a new course for this world. Politics is often about that. Having the will and determination to WANT to change things. Now if this price can give obama momentum in his work then that is fantastic.

Sure, in all of this a war is still being waged in afghanistan. But sometimes, war is necessary for peace(ww2 or balkan anyone). Obama is a realistic politician more than anything, and sometimes political realism is better than political idealism which is the case in afghanistan. Pulling out all troops wont solve anything for the civillian population or do anything about the regional problems for that matter, and will certainly lead to a taliban takeover. Obama understands the necessity of stabilizing afghanistan, and weaken the taliban in order to secure long term peace in the region. I'm not saying this can be done by military force alone. No way. Diplomatic measures, winning the afghan population over, is just as important. But military force is sometimes necessary for political and diplomatic measures to be effective. Civillian casualties is a regrettable side effect in all of this, but unfortunately unavoidable in modern warfare against a terrorist group often hiding in populated areas.

have you not seen the obama deception? do you not realize this is planned just the way it should be for a specific reason in mind? I like you BB but on this issue, you are surely being brain washed...

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
have you not seen the obama deception? do you not realize this is planned just the way it should be for a specific reason in mind? I like you BB but on this issue, you are surely being brain washed...

Don't put much credit in Obama deception, I don't like Obama, but that documentary is out there.

Only Bulboy can justify giving the highest peace award in the world to a man who has escalated a war, and bombed a country without warning killing civilians. War is peace, huh?

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't put much credit in Obama deception, I don't like Obama, but that documentary is out there.

Only Bulboy can justify giving the highest peace award in the world to a man who has escalated a war, and bombed a country without warning killing civilians. War is peace, huh?

yes, that movie is a bit out there.. but i think its right on many issues.. Im not here claiming to know everything on Obama, all I know is that this mother fucker is bad news for all of us.. and soon we will all find out the truth beneath these pathetic lies of his..

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yes, that movie is a bit out there.. but i think its right on many issues.. Im not here claiming to know everything on Obama, all I know is that this mother fucker is bad news for all of us.. and soon we will all find out the truth beneath these pathetic lies of his..

Some things, sure. I think Obama does have some good intentions, I don't consider him to be intrinsically evil or anything. But, he is a liar, I agree, he doesn't have the moral integrity to do anything to stop the US war machine, and probably even supports the notion that that their 'end' goals justify the means. It takes someone with real moral values to stop the snowball of aggressive US foreign policy, and that isn't Obama.

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He's going to win the Cy Young award too for throwing out the first pitch at the all star game.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ hahaha.. i wouldn't doubt it.. people are starting to scare me with this worship of Obama..