• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

hugegunns

hugegunns

I'm just glad to read others opinions that resemble mine, I was afraid that everyone was in love with Obama. I was watching Good Morning America when I first saw the ticker at the bottom of the screen that read Obama had won the noble peace prize for his speach on reducing the number of stockpiled nuclear warheads. I found it funny when the next sentence read Obama wants to increase troops size in Afganastan! LOL

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm just glad to read others opinions that resemble mine, I was afraid that everyone was in love with Obama. I was watching Good Morning America when I first saw the ticker at the bottom of the screen that read Obama had won the noble peace prize for his speach on reducing the number of stockpiled nuclear warheads. I found it funny when the next sentence read Obama wants to increase troops size in Afganastan! LOL

If you're looking for an anti-Obama haven, you've found your new home. (Bulkboy is the hope-notized resident outsider).

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I read this last week, I literally pulled an epic facepalm :doh:

In this case, why don't we end the NFL season since the Pats plan on winning and just give them the title?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I read this last week, I literally pulled an epic facepalm :doh:

In this case, why don't we end the NFL season since the Pats plan on winning and just give them the title?

:rofl3:

I remember when intentions weren't rewarded, it took the actions to be rewarded after the success of actions. Maybe Obama has ushered in a new era. In this era we don't have to actually do anything, just hope to do something.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I heard about this last week too... oh God I the mental trauma I have now.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:rofl3:

I remember when intentions weren't rewarded, it took the actions to be rewarded after the success of actions. Maybe Obama has ushered in a new era. In this era we don't have to actually do anything, just hope to do something.

Now I get his campaign slogan "Hope"... I GET IT :turborun:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Obama Deserved It
By Jerry Salcido

As reported by the Associated Press on October 9, 2009 "President Barack Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday in a stunning decision... " Most people would agree, Obama’s friends and foes alike, that it was "stunning" that the still-green president won the prize, but the general sentiment of astonishment is unwarranted. The decision should not have been "stunning" and no one should have even blinked an eye that he won, because there truly was no one more deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize than President Barack Obama.

Incredulous? Don’t be. One only need look past the fact that under Obama the United States has escalated the war in Afghanistan, started a war in Pakistan, continued that completely justifiable and constitutional war in Iraq (which Obama at one time described as a "dumb" and "rash" war), and threatened Iran with "confrontation" if it does not cooperate with the U.S. and other world powers with respect to its nuclear ambitions. Nevermind the U.S. soldiers and innocent civilians who have died and continue to die in these wars... police actions... terrorists hunts... uh... whatever these military operations are now called. Don’t worry about the fact that America has a major military presence in Germany, Japan, South Korea, and has hundreds of military bases throughout the world. Forget that the United States has the largest military presence of any empire... ever.

The foregoing facts should not detract from what should have been the real reason for Obama’s receipt of the coveted prize: No one has done a better job at bringing peace to the anti-war movement.

The anti-war movement — blah! What a disgusting array of individuals that made up that fad. Such degenerates. They made life miserable for the angelic neocons Bush, Cheney, Rove, Wolfowitz, etc., not to mention they invaded our television sets nearly every night for years with their propaganda.

They posed as enemies of war but their true intentions were transparent — they really hated peace. Indeed, it would be more appropriate to call that movement the anti-peace movement. After all, they made it difficult for the leaders of the United States to continue their peace keeping missions throughout the world. They refused to understand what Orwell recognized many decades ago: war actually is peace. They were blinded to the fact that the only way to establish peace in any country is to attack it, lay waste to its infrastructure and then rebuild it from the ground up in our own democratic image... or at least in some similar image with the term "democratic" attached to it.

In spite of the irrefutable fact that the Bush neocons were on the moral high ground, the anti-peace movement just could not see past the dropping bombs, the dismembered bodies of children, and the dead and wounded young American soldiers. The anti-peace movement even forced the Bushites to rein in some of their lofty goals to promote peace through war. Those anti-peace lunatics made Bush et al. look as if they were aggressors, not peacemakers.

Remember the anti-peace protests that accompanied Bush and Cheney everywhere they traveled? Remember the anti-peace rhetoric from the news media? Remember the Iraqi man who threw his shoe at President Bush? (That was funny.) Remember the marches on Washington? Remember the rallies at American universities? That was such a violent, contentious time.

Someone had to rise up, a messiah if you will, to save us from those who preach against taking the necessary measures of violence, bloodshed, and death to achieve peace. Mr. Obama was that man and he should be thanked by all. Those in Oslo recognized this and so should everyone else.

Due to Mr. Obama’s persuasion, charisma, and honesty, the anti-peace movement has finally recognized that Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran and any other peace causing war is necessary. Without Obama they never would have seen this important truth.

Thanks to Obama, one can stroll down a college campus without being bombarded with "Get Us Out of Iraq" signs. Finally, all of those hippies who wandered outside to chant "Impeach Bush" have gone back in-doors to practice what they preach by making love not war. Finally, NBC has stopped doing specials about Cindy Sheehan. Finally, the United States can continue its peace keeping missions (i.e., warmongering) without internal dissent.

Stunning that he won? By no means. He deserved it. With the anti-peace movement out of the way, the United States, with Obama at its head, will now be able to really bring peace to the world.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ :rofl:

IS you should run for office. We'll form a dedicated support team around you. Your campaign slogan will be "Whatever". That way whatever happens it was what you made happen, regardless of all evidence to the contrary.

P

proteinguysx

Not even he knew about it. I dont understand that either....sending more soldiers to War and wining a Peace Price in less than a year, this is what money does...

Well I guess this is how some sports personalities also wins their money and medals, for nothing....

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
its either your way or no way with you isnt it?

Im not even gonna bother anymore. what takes away from this section sometimes, is this ideological blindness and negativity. its so strong, its shocking sometimes. here u have a president who's radically changed the foreign policy course thats been pursued the last 8 years. who now uses diplomacy actively again, and is increasing the US popularity worldwide. and still, not a positive remark or even an admission of SOMETHING being done right.

I agree.... Although I do not beleive he deserved the Nobel Piece Prize, i do beleive he has done a lot that goes unnoticed. Simply getting elected and opening up relationships that the bush administration would not open does a lot of world relations. The rest of the WORLD was cheering on Obama. To them the message was more important than what he would actually do since his actions technically should not affect most of these countries. It gives a lot of the rest of the world a new outlook about the united states and it is something that our country DESPERATELY needed and we wouldnt have had the same worldwide change in attitude on the world if someone else had been elected...

in contrast, i did watch the entire "the obama deception" documentary and i sincerely beleived every bit of it.... but do u think it wouldve been better if someone else was elected? IT WOULDVE BEEN WORSE! since they would most likely be deceiving us the same way that obama is... the rest of the world WOULD STILL HATE US. Obama obviously isnt the only authority with governing our country, im sure there is so much BS involved but that BS would come with an uglier face. A lot of that BS does not effect other countries but the face/person/attitude/milestone does effect the attitude of those countries towards us. He will fail at what he has claimed he will accomplish but the haters need to give credit where credit is due and also mention the good things if they are going to mention the bad things.

The Nobel was probably a publicity stunt or something... oh well, but its not deserving, they shouldve waited towards the end of the term before thought about giving him a nobel. Eiher way, the Obama histeria is obnoxious on both sides...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff