• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Full Metal Jacket. A must watch.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Full Metal Jacket. A must watch.

agree. awsome movie. allthough its the beginning of the movie that stands out IMO. after that its not that different from other vietnam movies.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
agree. awsome movie. allthough its the beginning of the movie that stands out IMO. after that its not that different from other vietnam movies.

Well, i think it is different. Perhaps I'm just biased with Kubrick's films because of my passion with photography. His films have so good photography that i'd like them even if their plots/acting were horrible.

Anyway i find the second part of the movie special because it is neither a "USA, USA USA!!" propaganda nor a "look, americans fucking things...again". It's more like Kubrick saying "dear spectator: this is war. War, this is spectator". Not taking part of it, just showing it.

Anyway i'm not a film expert, just my two cents. I wonder what does Line think of this movie, i've checked his list and it's not between 75-100, don't know if it's higher or he just doesn't like it, but i for sure would like to read his oppinion as a movie nerdy :p :keke:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Well, i think it is different. Perhaps I'm just biased with Kubrick's films because of my passion with photography. His films have so good photography that i'd like them even if their plots/acting were horrible.

Anyway i find the second part of the movie special because it is neither a "USA, USA USA!!" propaganda nor a "look, americans fucking things...again". It's more like Kubrick saying "dear spectator: this is war. War, this is spectator". Not taking part of it, just showing it.

Anyway i'm not a film expert, just my two cents. I wonder what does Line think of this movie, i've checked his list and it's not between 75-100, don't know if it's higher or he just doesn't like it, but i for sure would like to read his oppinion as a movie nerdy :p :keke:
Your insights aren't bad at all but it's far from Kubrick's best film, though that isn't saying much seeing how he's my favorite director. I'm a bit torn on the film as a whole because, while it is an observance piece, it doesn't really have much to say that hasn't been said. Of course, it does have his trademark distant feel to it which is essential but I consider Coppola's Apocalypse Now to be a far superior film about the Vietnam war. Still, it's a great film but, if pressed, I'd rank Kubrick's films as follows...

2001: ASO
A Clockwork Orange
Dr. Strangelove
Paths of Glory
Barry Lyndon
The Killing
The Shining
Eyes Wide Shut
Full Metal Jacket
Lolita

I will be updating my list later today.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Psycho (Hitchcock, 1960) - 9
Dogville (von Trier, 2003) - 9

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Watched The Nightmare Before Christmas today.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Your insights aren't bad at all but it's far from Kubrick's best film, though that isn't saying much seeing how he's my favorite director. I'm a bit torn on the film as a whole because, while it is an observance piece, it doesn't really have much to say that hasn't been said. Of course, it does have his trademark distant feel to it which is essential but I consider Coppola's Apocalypse Now to be a far superior film about the Vietnam war. Still, it's a great film but, if pressed, I'd rank Kubrick's films as follows...

2001: ASO
A Clockwork Orange
Dr. Strangelove
Paths of Glory
Barry Lyndon
The Killing
The Shining
Eyes Wide Shut
Full Metal Jacket
Lolita

I will be updating my list later today.

It's not my favourite Kubrick's film either, and i agree: Apocalypse Now is a better war movie. I also like 2001 more than any other Kubrick's films, nothing strange considering i'm a SF fan, although you must agree 2001 isn't an "easy" movie to watch. I'm not surprised many people don't like it because they find it "slow" or "weird". Most people is too used to mindless-quick-action movies (wich are good for their use) to enjoy such a masterpiece.

Back on topic i've just re-watched "PI" ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138704/ ). Kinda strange (b&w, being from 1998, i think it was filmed cam-to-the-shoulder or at least that's the feeling), but pretty good, different at least.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
harold and kumar escape from gitmo