• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official MMA News/Discussion Thread

• Thread starter CaptainCharisma
  • Start date
fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm stuck on the fence with Hughes and GSP, but am leaning more for GSP

I want Monson to win but think Tim will win

You smoking crack on this one CC Mir is done and will never be what he was, Vera wins in a slaughter no doubt

Last 3 i see it same as you

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mir came in much better shape than he's been reccently in, i seriously believe he can pull this off, i personally think Vera is a bit overhyped, but if he beats Mir hes got my support

shorty

shorty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
CaptainCharisma said:
k i just found out about this...Kevin Randleman used a fake urine sample when he entered the tests for PRIDE Real Deal.............

WOW he was on roids and he STILL got owned in seconds by Shogun...

Shogun is a KING

wasnt Vitor tested positive for roids at the recent pride event

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Vitor, Randleman and Nastula all tested positve...and yet all three of them still lost

shorty

shorty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was rooting for Nastula too....not now

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pride's year end event is looking top-notch though; just about every one of their heavy names will be competing. Already slated are Fedor, Mirko, Hunt, Barnett, Wanderlei, Yoshida, Fujita, Nogueira, Gomi:D, Mauricio, and Henderson. Pretty friggin' excited about that:xyxthumbs:

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fedor is fighting Mark Hunt at the PRIDE New Years show...Fedor will take Mark down and end the fight in seconds

fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
CaptainCharisma said:
Fedor is fighting Mark Hunt at the PRIDE New Years show...Fedor will take Mark down and end the fight in seconds
agreed, i think it will not be a long fight at all

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm going to get on the Hunt bandwagon here. I don't believe he can take out Fedor, but I don't believe it'll be a quick fight. Guy has a head of steel, so unless he bungles into a submission, I believe he could take Fedor the distance. Did it with Mirko and Wanderlei, and beat them both.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ya but dude, look at how easily Wandy took Hunt down...imaigne wtf FEDOR would do to him to take him and down and punish him

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Oh definitely; just thought I'd back the Hunt a bit there. He needs a lot more experience before he's really on par with Pride's big names, but I feel he's off to an excellent start. Although Wandy did score takedowns really well against him, he wasn't able to capitalize like he usually does. Maybe Hunt will have a trick or two for Fedor as well, but I'm still of the opinion that he can't take the champ out.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanx for the update on Hunt guys..
By far my favourite fighter as he is a kiwi like me! I however give him almost no chance against Fedor. Barnett showed how to beat Hunt.. but hopefully Mark has learnt something from that loss.
The thing is Fedor taps out BJJ Black belts and Top Quality wrestlers... even if hunt had above average Subdefence of ground game I would give him no chance...

Go Hunt!! I'll pray for that lucky KO punch though...
or untill he taps

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
here's a a good reccent interview with Mirko Cro Cop:

(Croatian magazine Mens Health, November 2006.)

About preparation for fight

"Real fighter must be ready for fight as soon as he step from his bed every morning.
If its necessary I will fight now, but if I have time for preparation, 2 months will be enough to prepare for fight against top fighter. I am repeating - fighter must be ready in any moment; I could fight now although I didnt train for 20 days. Its clear, if you are physical prepared for fight then you dont need to worry about things like-will you stay without stamina..."

About motivation

"For me every fighter is dangerous. There is no fighter that motivates me more or less. Every next fight is the most important-this is recipe, that is how it must be."

About time before fight

" I dont have special rithual, just warming up, relaxing.. Its a little uncomfortable the fact that my fights are usually at the end of event and I have to wait for a few hours. I am spending this time playing chess or something else. In the past I used to go to sleep before fight but that didnt show to be clever thing. To be first on fight schedulle would be ideal but that isnt possible right now."

About analysing fights

" I dont analyse my fights, I am just concentrated on next match. I dont watch often my fights and then admires to myself. I dont like to do that."

About learning

"People makes mistakes here. This is very simple. I dont have nothing more to learn about ultimate fight. I just have to keep the same level of explosivity,punch speed, reaction speed,recieving punch capability. Reaction on opponent attack is very important; how will you react, will you wait for opponent attack and response or will you be first to hit"

About mass and power

"Power is important but fighters who works only on their power are making mistake. Thinking that you will be more dangerous with more kilograms is wrong. That kind of fighters dont think that they will gass up faster. They could be dangerous for a minute or two but then they become easy trophy. The most important thing is to find a balance power-explosivity-condition.

About career

" I am satisfaied how things go on. I won OWGP belt which is today the most prestige belt in MMA world. I will work off seven,eight,nine.. fights more...when training start to be a pressure to me I will stop train, only recrative.
There is still 10 fighters in MMA which I respect and it would be very interesting to fight them.
After fighting career I will open MMA Center in Zagreb because ultimate fight will be number one. People are no more interested in that who is the best boxer, judo fighter,.... They are interested who is the best fighter."

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Excellent interview CC; repped for the find:xyxthumbs:

I've always been a huge fan of CroCop. His attitude has always been top notch, and he's a ridiculously well-rounded fighter to boot.

Ice

Ice

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was reading through some of Matt Hughes old posts in his blog on his website, and he said in one that if Rich Franklin lost to Anderson Silva, he (Hughes) would consider jumping up to the 185 pound division and fighting Silva.

Thoughts? :e5dunno:

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think after seeing Silva's clinch and getting dismantled by GSP's standup Hughes is really reconsidering that prediction.

Ice

Ice

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
CaptainCharisma said:
I think after seeing Silva's clinch and getting dismantled by GSP's standup Hughes is really reconsidering that prediction.

That's kind of what I was thinking too. I know he said that before his loss to GSP, but he got worked in that fight from the standup, and he's talking about getting in the octagon with Silva? Sounds like pride/ego talking there. :runinafire: