• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official MMA News/Discussion Thread

• Thread starter CaptainCharisma
  • Start date
fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this deal has the potential to really bring some great fights i really hope that it all comes together right

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
With all these new good fighters under 1 banner now we need more shows to see them all... if not this will be a big downside..

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
UFC said their doing like 20+ shows in 2007, with all these new fighters alot of those shows could be damn good

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Expanding their base like this is exactly what Zuffa needs to do. Props to Dana; I for one am really looking forward to seing Lidland, Jackson, and Herring do some damage. We'll see how 'El Gigante' Ricco and Ryoto do as well:xmaswiggle:

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
CaptainCharisma said:
UFC said their doing like 20+ shows in 2007, with all these new fighters alot of those shows could be damn good

Thats awesome if it happens!

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Can anyone confirm this??? I heard Fedor broke his toe so his fight with Hunt is apparently postponed.. I cant find a reliable source at the moment

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Keep eyes on Sherdog; if it's legit, they'll report it quickly.

fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Diego ko'ed Riggs!! wtf? i didn't see that coming at all

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And I missed the friggin' thing! Thanks for the reminder Fallen; I'll catch the rebroadcast.

Edit-Just checked the card, and there were WAY too many decisions. I would've liked Shonie to take the duke, but other than that, it went the way I thought it would. Seeing Karo and Drew go at it was cool, even though I was pulling for Fickett. Bummer about Nakamura's streak ending, but I hope he sticks around.
Props to Koscheck, even though I really don't like him much. Major congrats to Diego though, as Diesel is no easy mark.

Too many tenative fighters though; get in there and finish the dang match, one way or the other. Waiting for a decision is never a smart way to go, but too many are taking a quantity over quality approach to their fights.

fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
onebigeric said:
And I missed the friggin' thing! Thanks for the reminder Fallen; I'll catch the rebroadcast.

Edit-Just checked the card, and there were WAY too many decisions. I would've liked Shonie to take the duke, but other than that, it went the way I thought it would. Seeing Karo and Drew go at it was cool, even though I was pulling for Fickett. Bummer about Nakamura's streak ending, but I hope he sticks around.
Props to Koscheck, even though I really don't like him much. Major congrats to Diego though, as Diesel is no easy mark.

Too many tenative fighters though; get in there and finish the dang match, one way or the other. Waiting for a decision is never a smart way to go, but too many are taking a quantity over quality approach to their fights.
the cut in Karo's fight was nasty looking and sorry bout the unmarked spoiler :xmascrunk:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Forget it Fallen; you reminded me about it in the first place:D I'll catch what I can of it, but the result card has diminished my enthusiasm a little bit.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was quite the shitty card, but at least the UFC getting Cro Cop makes up for it :D

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im still in total shock that Cro Cop really went to UFC...i mean in less than half a week UFC has stepped up their HW and LHW divisions by shitloads...CC, Ricco, Herring, Rampage etc...life where the fuck did this all come from...random greatness

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is a great video of Mauro Ranallo being punked by Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, with the help of Bas Rutten. The biggest tool in MMA, Jerry Millen, proceeds to rub it into Mauro's face as if he wouldn't have shit his, yours, and everyone else's pants had he been in the same situation.

Watch Maurelo shit his pants haha
Funny Stuff, i'd love to see Cro Cop pwn Goldberg like that :D

Last edited by a moderator:
JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That was brilliant!! Awesome vid man.. Bas is a legend... wish he'd take his job back from Trigg

fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanx CC this was the best quote of the whole interview

Tito the bobble head of the UFC!!! He might take Chuck this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rampage is too funny, if he ever becomes a coach on TUF it would be the best season EVER

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
proof that Cro Cop could kick Sylvia in the head if he wanted too...
:e5cyippee:

Ccleg 1