• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official MMA News/Discussion Thread

• Thread starter CaptainCharisma
  • Start date
CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it looks like AA has left the ufc and is goin to fight Ben Rothwell on the Affliction card in june/july

Kanav

Kanav

so I guess affliction has become the premiere place for heavy weights. Hmmm, the tides have shifted quickly out of the ufc's favour

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no tides have shifted yet, affliction has promised lots of money to lots of top name fighters, but they have yet to even have their first show...and i highly doubt that one affliction show, no matter how stacked is going to pose a significant threat to the ufc

Kanav

Kanav

no tides have shifted yet, affliction has promised lots of money to lots of top name fighters, but they have yet to even have their first show...and i highly doubt that one affliction show, no matter how stacked is going to pose a significant threat to the ufc

yeah but I mean in the heavyweight division tho. If this takes off, its only better for the sport, cuz lets face it, that card IS insane.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ I know what you're saying. You take Nog out of the UFC and you have hardly any top 10 HW's left. Since Rizzo vs Barnett II is taking place. If anyone wants to see one of the best KO's ever check out their first fight. ( I couldn't find it on the net)

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Matt Lindland won the GOP nomination in Oregon...talk about bringing "The Law" to politics lol

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
GSP's fighting Fitch at ufc 87

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
coleman vs lesnar is off of ufc 87...apparently coleman has a torn mcl...trading off coleman/lesnar for st. pierre/fitch works just fine in my book

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
coleman vs lesnar is off of ufc 87...apparently coleman has a torn mcl...trading off coleman/lesnar for st. pierre/fitch works just fine in my book

Fitch vs. St. Pierre... hell yeah. Two of my current favorites.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looks like Lesnar is gonna fight Heath Herring at UFC 87

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looks like Lesnar is gonna fight Heath Herring at UFC 87

Hearing is no joke, what happens to Lesnar if he loses again? I am sure the UFC will continue to try to push him, but if the loses pile up it will be hard to do.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can't understand why they give Brock these tough matches... Give him some cans.. keep him winning and they will sell more PPV's...? I don't get it

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
they must figure their paying him so much money, might as well justify it by giving him top notch names to fight...that beign said im more interested in Herring/Lesnar than Coleman/Lesnar so this is a definate plus

Kanav

Kanav

Damn good fights tonight.

Vintage Silva by the way. Just utter destruction.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That was the best PPV in a while, even the undercard fights were fun to watch.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jon Kopenhaver aka Warmachine makes a blog entry

from warmachinemma.com

5:11:2008
Civilization For SOFT ASS FOOLS!
By: War Machine
So I have pretty much decided that in the next couple of years I am gonna move somewhere LESS CIVILIZED. After all, civilization and LAWS are in place to protect the WEAK anyway. Me being the Alpha Male, Spartan, SAVAGE that I am...I see no need for this type of B.S.

I don't go around looking for trouble and am in no way a bully. Actually if it were my way I would never have fights outside the ring, just train all day and fuck all night...lol
But when someone needs to be smashed or KILLED I would be more than happy to do it. Like for instance the other night...I was minding my business walking down the street and three drunk guys and two chicks walk by me and talk shit to me. Making fun of my haircut or some lame shit. Instinctively I want to smash their faces in, I mean that's what they deserve and what nature calls for. But instead I have to let their gf's make excuses for them so I do nothing and let these ***gots feel tough for a night.

Why should I have to be less of a man to protect the rights and lives of lesser men?
Why if I smash all three of their faces do I get arrested and prosecuted and no one asks them WHY THE FUCK THEY WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HARASS ME IN THE FIRST PLACE!?
As you all know I got in big trouble earlier this year for a similiar situation. Same type of thing. I was minding my business and some drunk dude talked shit and I terrorized him. Long story short and 20 grand later I ended up with probation and community service but was warned by the judge that a repeat would earn me prison time. So basically I am now walking on egg shells.

So the plan is to move to the Philippines in the next two years. There the money I make in the UFC will make me very wealthy and there I will not have to hold back when someone deserves to get smashed.

I wont have to be less of a man in order to prevent getting in trouble with the "law"
I will be able to live my life how I want and deserve to live. I will train all day and fuck all night. Maybe one day I will find a wife, if not it's okay. I will bring my boxing coach and my jiu-jitsu coach with me. Build a team from scratch...this will be a great life. Hopefully before I am 55 I will die in a knife fight outside of some bar. Avoiding the midlife crisis all together.

This is the life of an Alpha Male like me. We are not supposed to grow old and wait around to die. We are supposed to fight, kill and fornicate. Tempt fate more and more with each passing year...and just as we start to become weaker and older a younger Alpha kills us and takes our place.

Yes, this is what I want, this is what I WILL have.

WM

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fans who purchase a ringside seat for the Adrenaline MMA event on June 14 at the Sears Centre Arena, will be able to attend a Meet-and-Greet session prior to the show.

Tim Sylvia, Ben Rothwell and Andre Arlovski will join the Adrenaline MMA ring girls at the Meet-and-Greet session. Affliction, one of the event sponsors, has agreed to give a T-shirt to each person with a ringside ticket attending the session.

Doors for the event open at 5 p.m., but ringside ticket holders will be allowed into the arena at 4 p.m. and the Meet-and-Greet will last until 5 p.m.

Adrenaline ringside seats include T-shirt, Meet-and-Greet | Adrenaline MMA

yep, although its not an "official announcement" looks like Arlovski is goin to the Affliction brand

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hearing will destroy Lesnar...we found out in Lesnar's last fight how much of a joke he is. Hearing is a step up from the present Frank Mir. I just think its retarded that because of his name Lesnar got a free pass into the big leagues...after one lower lvl fight. Everyone should have to prove there worth this isnt the WWE. This is a real sport. Hopefully after a few quick losses the UFC will realize this.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That was the best PPV in a while, even the undercard fights were fun to watch.

Totally the most stacked card Ive seen in a while. (Didn't even show Sokoujou's fight) especially compared to 85. Hughes v Alves main event?