• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official MMA News/Discussion Thread

• Thread starter CaptainCharisma
  • Start date
onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Since my dark horse picks always get royally screwed, I'm playing it safe and going with Aoki in the GP. Seeing Mirko pick up a can fight is unfortunate, but hopefully that'll either turn around soon or build his confidence back up. Seeing as how the UFC is extremely eager to have him back (which is odd for them), I really hope CroCop can shake the cobwebs loose and return to mainstream America as the fighter that he really is.

Here's an interesting article on Fedor and M-1(I totally called this):

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=11738

Now I'm a fan of Fedor, but some extremely valid and interesting points are brought up. He needs to just sign a short (two or so) fight deal with the UFC and increase his play with them; I'm sure they'll let him compete in Combat Sambo if he shows he's willing to work to make the company better.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^NC between our 2 picks.. someone's gotta go through though :e5dunno:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^No doubt. Looks like I'm back to picking no one that I care about, seeing as how I jinx my picks into dupe losses and weird calls.

If I were to give the nod to one of the two, it would be to Aoki; he didn't throw the strike that led to the NC:dunnodude:

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Any news on who is going through to the next round?

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
knowing the japanese no one will have a clue till a couple of days before the event

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ yo your sig doesn't make sense if he's talking about Serra unless he plans on losing.

Anyway... just watched some of UFN. Nate Diaz was awesome. Celebrating in the middle of a triangle was some cool shit.... also James Irvins superman punch was sick. Good bye Houston from the UFC.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont understand what about....

"i have one job, and my job will be to destroy him. if he wanna revenge i'll fight him 10 time in a row and it gonna be the same exact result"

what part is unclear?

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my bad.. i read the last 'gonna be the exact same result' as same result as last time they fought...

Imagine if GSP loses... what does he do then?

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he becomes the rich franklin of the 170 division i guess, i mean he can beat pretty much everyone in the division but wouldnt be able to get a shot until serra lost the belt, but im hoping that wont be the case...i wanna see him do a matt hughes style tear through the division

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
July 19th... Timmy is Raped...!!!!!!!!

Awesome, can't wait!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i hope tim wins...it would be hilarious if timmah was the one with the style to beat fedor

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^ No way in hell brah, Semmy Schilt got owned and he is the best stand up guy in the world and has a ground game. He's probably taller then Tim too with the same reach..
suppose anything can happen

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can't wait for the Penn/Sherk fight. Those two do not like one another. It will be a dirty fight.

Kanav

Kanav

I know guys who should win on paper still end up losing, that being said

I hope fedor mauls timmy

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
St. Pierre getting his revenge and giving his fans what they want!! :hsughr:

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^He was outstanding.

I would love GSP vs BJ Penn II. Both guys are too good for their weight classes.
Thought K Florian did a great job commentating too.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Special mention must go to Nate Quarry's speech quoting Rocky 4.... sooo funny!!!

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
kalib starnes is an embarassment to his country