• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official MMA News/Discussion Thread

• Thread starter CaptainCharisma
  • Start date
Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Congrats to Jon Fitch. Born in Ft. Wayne! He's gotta be one of my fav. now.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A decent show. Thought Anderson's comment about Rich being the other only true champ being a bit out of line and disrespectful.... kinda weird.

Kanav

Kanav

A decent show. Thought Anderson's comment about Rich being the other only true champ being a bit out of line and disrespectful.... kinda weird.

yeah I found that strange too. I mean franklin didnt even stand a chance with him. Hendo atleast gave him a run for his money. After the first round I was starting to believe hendo might drop him.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah I found that strange too. I mean franklin didnt even stand a chance with him. Hendo atleast gave him a run for his money. After the first round I was starting to believe hendo might drop him.

Thats true. Probably the 1st round that Silva has lost in a long time.

But regardless even if he thought Rich was better.. he should have had more respect for Dan and not said he wasn't as hard as Rich. Was this event by any chance in Rich's home town? :e5dunno: Was he trying to do get some cheap applause? I'm not sure...

Anyway.. how bout Coleman vs Lesner?
Should be descent..

Kanav

Kanav

Thats true. Probably the 1st round that Silva has lost in a long time.

But regardless even if he thought Rich was better.. he should have had more respect for Dan and not said he wasn't as hard as Rich. Was this event by any chance in Rich's home town? :e5dunno: Was he trying to do get some cheap applause? I'm not sure...

Anyway.. how bout Coleman vs Lesner?
Should be descent..

Yeah I mean even if you feel that way, why in the world would you go and say something like that to the world and disrespect your opponent to his face.

But yeah, im looking forward to coleman and lesner. Should be interesting. (Now that chuck vs. shogun is off the horizon)

fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree it didnt make sence at all what Silvia said but Dan did take the first round and Rich has never even taken a round with Anderson at all. I think it is cool Coleman is coming back but I really do feel he is just being fed to Lesnar

Kanav

Kanav

I agree it didnt make sence at all what Silvia said but Dan did take the first round and Rich has never even taken a round with Anderson at all. I think it is cool Coleman is coming back but I really do feel he is just being fed to Lesnar

Like they tried to feed Mir to Lesnar?

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Coleman/Lesnar is only interesting becasue Lesnar is like an updated 2008 version of Coleman...their both the exact same type of fighter

fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Like they tried to feed Mir to Lesnar?

I think that was the plan just Mir messed it up for them. You know with all the hype around Lesnar that the UFC never really wanted him to win

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Coleman/Lesnar is only interesting becasue Lesnar is like an updated 2008 version of Coleman...their both the exact same type of fighter

Nice call.. Thats exactly what he is... the newer version of Coleman.

1st guy to get the takedown wins. You would have to back Brock.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Kanav

Kanav

I think that was the plan just Mir messed it up for them. You know with all the hype around Lesnar that the UFC never really wanted him to win

Why wouldnt they want him to win? Hes a much more marketable attraction than Mir.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I personally feel that Lesnar has the edge going into his bout with Coleman. Mark's lost that explosive edge he once had, and with the type of fighter he is that ability to rush into a takedown is essential. Kudos to him for being inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame, but I'll be quite surprised if this goes beyond the first round. I'm a definite Coleman fan, but the facts are just that (think Shamrock:tear:)

Anderson's comments come as little surprise considering the history between he and Rich. I like Hendo a lot, but he was overconfident going in against Silva. He clearly won the first round and I feel that made him slack off a bit in the second. Giving up his back was a clear indicator that he underestimated Anderson's BJJ; seeing him tap at the line like that was crappy for a Henderson fan to see.

Silva is just scary good. I can easily see him with the title until he just decides that it's time to move on; there are only a couple of MW's that I feel would have a ghost of a chance against him right now.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ who do you think has a chance against him OBE? in my mind i can only see Lindland (cause hes not gonna fight Filho, which is the only other guy i can think of)

EDIT: i also think A. Silva/GSP would be INSANE, i would be willing to pay whatever to see that fight

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You basically nailed the two I was thinking of, CC. Lindland just needs to get his act together and sign with a larger promoition already, although I do feel it's cool that he's been in the IFL for awhile now. Having Filho in the WEC may increase the chance of an eveantual crossover, but Anderson would still need to be cool with it.

Strangely enough, my dark horse against Silva would be Okami. He's methodical and quite adept at imposing his game on his opponents while not opening himself up for much. That hesitancy could also screw him again against Anderson though; all and the same, I think it would be interesting to see them lock up again.

Edit- Rush and Anderson would be a dream fight, CC:) I see Georges as a younger(becoming more refined a fight at a time) version of Silva himself; Rush shares the same degree of intelligent dominance that is Anderson's hallmark.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ In their previous fight Okami did manage to get Anderson on his back.. but I don't think he could control him for 5 rounds.

The only person that I feel could beat Anderson is Henderson if he got his shit together.

Kanav

Kanav

^^ In their previous fight Okami did manage to get Anderson on his back.. but I don't think he could control him for 5 rounds.

The only person that I feel could beat Anderson is Henderson if he got his shit together.

Agreed. But the thing is, fights with this type of elite talent they really can go either way. They're decided within seconds, not months of speculations on paper.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^True that :xyxthumbs:

Has anyone got some info on Dreams Grand Prix's coming up? Dates etc...

I had a look at this

http://www.dreamofficial.com/

But there must be some better info (in English). Cro cops on the card.. I didn't even know he wasn't with the UFC anymore.
The card doesn't look full here either.

Is there another GP also..a middleweight one??

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its a LWGP, its a pretty stacked one too, ill try and find a roster and match list for you guys

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
heres the matchups for DREAM 1:

Shinya Aoki vs JZ Calvancanti
Kultar Gill vs Tatsuya Kawajiri
Kazuyuki Miyata vs Luis Buscape
Koutetsu Boku vs Jochim Hansen
Bu Kyung Jung vs Mitsuhiro Ishida
Katsuhiko Nagata vs Artur Umakhanov
Eddie Alvarez vs Andre Dida
Hidetaka Monma vs Hayato Sakurai

and...
Mirko Cro Cop vs Tatsuya Mizuno

solid as hell looking card, im gonna pick Kawajiri to take this tourney, mofuckin WAR Crusher!!!!!

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^thanx CC , Gp's are such good entertainment.

I haven't heard of half of those guys. God pick CC with Kawajiri.... just cos you picked him I'm gonna go with Calvancante if he can sneak a decision against Aoki in the 1st round.

Got some more info on the other GP? Is there one?