• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Phil Heath's myspace!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Agreed, but life without a lil' fun ain't worth living. I am glad that you guys can see the humor in this as its only purpose was to be silly.

right on. maybe next time you take a picture like that make a goofy face so we know you're kidding. the face you make in the olympia posedown next to jay and dexter should do just fine lol. props for being such a down to earth guy as to respond to our posts.

and i call for the demotion of tech as admin if he is SERIOUSLY ridiculing the pro who is the image for our site.

Bhana

Bhana

lol the hispanic dude only has $20 bills, Phils holding 100s lol :gaygay:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Your high horse. Get off of it.

huh? sorry if i don't find it a good idea to ridicule the man who was kind enough to lend his image to our site :wutyousay: the tech comment was clearly a hyperbole to make this point. kthanx.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
and i call for the demotion of tech as admin if he is SERIOUSLY ridiculing the pro who is the image for our site.

are you trying to say, Tech for VIP? :linedrunk:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
:49:

huh? sorry if i don't find it a good idea to ridicule the man who was kind enough to lend his image to our site :wutyousay: the tech comment was clearly a hyperbole to make this point. kthanx.
Ridicule? It was a post about how even Phil had a typical "MySpace" photo, the kind you see on anyone's page. We'll run the site and make managerial decisions, thanks.

Also, if you're going to use the word "hyperbole", use it correctly.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ridicule? It was a post about how even Phil had a typical "MySpace" photo, the kind you see on anyone's page. We'll run the site and make managerial decisions, thanks.

Also, if you're going to use the word "hyperbole", use it correctly.

hmm i guess you and i have different ways of viewing the "facepalm" picture. and i don't think Mr. Heath would have felt the need to explain himself had he not at least partially felt as such.

oh, and for you....

hy⋅per⋅bo⋅le   /haɪˈpɜrbəli/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hahy-pur-buh-lee] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun Rhetoric. 1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

:hsughup:

correct usage ftw

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
werd.

Phil's a member here. He'll be treated like all other members. No one is immune to a ribbing.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
hmm i guess you and i have different ways of viewing the "facepalm" picture. and i don't think Mr. Heath would have felt the need to explain himself had he not at least partially felt as such.
The pic was a joke and Tech made a joke about it. Phil basically confirmed this in his explanation and that should be the end of the issue. There's no need for someone like you, who doesn't have the best history here, to call for the head of an Admin. Again, we know how to run the site and a comment such as yours trivializes Tech's contributions here. Just contribute to the site in a positive manner and let us do our jobs please.
Duality said:
How was it an intentional exaggeration in any way? The picture concedes a embarrassed reaction to the one in question. It does make for a rather eye-rolling image and I think you're blowing the situation out of proportion.
Tech said:
werd.

Phil's a member here. He'll be treated like all other members. No one is immune to a ribbing.
Ribbing is a good word here. Yep. :2:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The pic was a joke and Tech made a joke about it. Phil basically confirmed this in his explanation and that should be the end of the issue. There's no need for someone like you, who doesn't have the best history here, to call for the head of an Admin. Again, we know how to run the site and a comment such as yours trivializes Tech's contributions here. Just contribute to the site in a positive manner and let us do our jobs please.

How was it an intentional exaggeration in any way? The picture concedes a embarrassed reaction to the one in question. It does make for a rather eye-rolling image and I think you're blowing the situation out of proportion.

Ribbing is a good word here. Yep. :2:

in all honesty it is you that is doing the bolded. i didn't "call for the head of tech", it WAS an exaggeration (you yourself constantly site the fact that we all can't always infer the way we are saying something because this site and posts are only text based. so i don't fault you for not picking up on what i said, but when i elaborate as to what i meant, you shouldn't tell me what i did and didn't mean). why you feel the need to defend tech instead of tech himself i don't know, you could have approached it like tkD just did jokingly (as partially my initial post was), but instead you tell me to "get off my high horse", which i don't even begin to see the application here but whatever. but let me just make it very clear to tech what i was saying: i know you are a jokester around here, but i don't think it's the best idea to rib the man who is the image of our site, and then do it again comparing him to some mexican doing the same thing.

that's it. sorry for the bitchfest phil.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
There's no need for someone like you, who doesn't have the best history here, to call for the head of an Admin. Again, we know how to run the site and a comment such as yours trivializes Tech's contributions here. Just contribute to the site in a positive manner and let us do our jobs please.

Be patient with him Line, he just won the "most annoying member award" :linedrunk:

:49: jk Jason, but i had to do it :D

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2v0nzub-1.jpg

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
in all honesty it is you that is doing the bolded. i didn't "call for the head of tech", it WAS an exaggeration (you yourself constantly site the fact that we all can't always infer the way we are saying something because this site and posts are only text based).
Yes, it is harder to infer what is meant to be implied but perhaps your aversion to smilies and the like makes it harder to read what you're intending to communicate. Caps-locking the word "seriously" only tells me that, if Tech was being serious, then your statement is intended to be as well. Later you went further by saying the following:
Duality said:
sorry if i don't find it a good idea to ridicule the man who was kind enough to lend his image to our site
Now you're using terms that are inapplicable to the situation. I've already commented on your labeling the situation as ridicule and don't desire to address it again. The word "ribbing," as Tech described it, is more suitible descriptor. I made my initial comment as a means to communicate that we, as higher-ups, can handle things and we don't need your input on how to deal with such trivial matters. We do need you to contribute your knowledge and personable sense of social relations to the board. Why you press on in regard to the former is entirely beyond me.

Arguing rhetoric with me isn't a good idea.
Duality said:
why you feel the need to defend tech instead of tech himself i don't know, you could have approached it like tkD just did jokingly (as partially my initial post was), but instead you tell me to "get off my high horse", which i don't even begin to see the application here but whatever.
You have a history of over-extending yourself in matters of this realm. Getting off your high horse refers to you not understanding your place here. I'm not in any way implying you're below the Mods or Admins here because that's a rather silly notion and only perpetuates this idea that there's a linear chain of importance here when that's clearly not the case. We're a community, one with different types of people who have different responsibilities to the whole. As I've said, you have yours and we have ours. I've become less personable since becoming an Admin and am also posting differently now because my purpose here has changed.
Duality said:
but let me just make it very clear to tech what i was saying: i know you are a jokester around here, but i don't think it's the best idea to rib the man who is the image of our site, and then do it again comparing him to some mexican doing the same thing.
Okay, and this would have been a more appropriate initial response. Still, the Mexican label isn't really fitting because he could have pulled a picture of any race or gender doing the same thing. It's just a typical myspace photo. If it ruffles feathers, at all, then those people are taking Tech too seriously.
Duality said:
that's it. sorry for the bitchfest phil.
I'm not seeing a bitchfest. I'm seeing a conversation. :dunnodude:
tDK said:
Be patient with him Line, he just won the "most annoying member award" :linedrunk:
:49: :49:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, it is harder to infer what is meant to be implied but perhaps your aversion to smilies and the like makes it harder to read what you're intending to communicate. Caps-locking the word "seriously" only tells me that, if Tech was being serious, then your statement is intended to be as well. Later you went further by saying the following:

Now you're using terms that are inapplicable to the situation. I've already commented on your labeling the situation as ridicule and don't desire to address it again. The word "ribbing," as Tech described it, is more suitible descriptor. I made my initial comment as a means to communicate that we, as higher-ups, can handle things and we don't need your input on how to deal with such trivial matters. We do need you to contribute your knowledge and personable sense of social relations to the board. Why you press on in regard to the former is entirely beyond me.

You have a history of over-extending yourself in matters of this realm. Getting off your high horse refers to you not understanding your place here. I'm not in any way implying you're below the Mods or Admins here because that's a rather silly notion and only perpetuates this idea that there's a linear chain of importance here when that's clearly not the case. We're a community, one with different types of people who have different responsibilities to the whole. As I've said, you have yours and we have ours. I've become less personable since becoming an Admin and am also posting differently now because my purpose here has changed.

Okay, and this would have been a more appropriate initial response. Still, the Mexican label isn't really fitting because he could have pulled a picture of any race or gender doing the same thing. It's just a typical myspace photo. If it ruffles feathers, at all, then those people are taking Tech too seriously.

I'm not seeing a bitchfest. I'm seeing a conversation. :dunnodude:

:49: :49:

i read the whole post and think it's well done. there's two things i'd like to address;

1. your really splitting hairs in your analysis of my posts. the only real case you have against my post being said jokingly is my selection of the word ridicule as opposed to the word rib. i find them to be rather interchangeable and don't think my use of one over the other shows my intent to be something different than what i've said it's been with the initial post.

Arguing rhetoric with me isn't a good idea.

this statement is belittling and is typically something that would make me very indignant and carry things further. we all know you are intelligent and your fields of interest. there's no need to make a statment like this. i was reading the post and more or less agreeing with everything until this little hiccup was thrown in there. smart people don't have to remind everyone they're smart line.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
i read the whole post and think it's well done. there's two things i'd like to address;
Okay.
Duality said:
1. your really splitting hairs in your analysis of my posts. the only real case you have against my post being said jokingly is my selection of the word ridicule as opposed to the word rib. i find them to be rather interchangeable and don't think my use of one over the other shows my intent to be something different than what i've said it's been with the initial post.
I find there's a large difference between the meaning of these two words. "Rib" is synonymous with a joking menality. "Ridicule"? Not so much.
Duality said:
this statement is belittling and is typically something that would make me very indignant and carry things further.
I'm glad you're showing restraint.
Duality said:
we all know you are intelligent and your fields of interest. there's no need to make a statment like this. i was reading the post and more or less agreeing with everything until this little hiccup was thrown in there. smart people don't have to remind everyone they're smart line.
It wasn't meant to remind you that I was smart, or well read, or a good wordsmith, etc. I took issue with you actually arguing that I was misinterpreting what was being said and attempting to use my own point against me, in improper context to boot. It was the proverbial explanation point on my argument, a dispute that I felt was unnecessary from the get-go and expanded for no foreseeable reason. Still, kudos for being the bigger man and not overreacting to it and, because of this, I apologize.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Okay.

I find there's a large difference between the meaning of these two words. "Rib" is synonymous with a joking menality. "Ridicule"? Not so much.

I'm glad you're showing restraint.

It wasn't meant to remind you that I was smart, or well read, or a good wordsmith, etc. I took issue with you actually arguing that I was misinterpreting what was being said and attempting to use my own point against me, in improper context to boot. It was the proverbial explanation point on my argument, a dispute that I felt was unnecessary from the get-go and expanded for no foreseeable reason. Still, kudos for being the bigger man and not overreacting to it and, because of this, I apologize.

:2:......i think. i could see you playing some kind of mind games with me with that last sentence though.....:spy: