• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Peoria native gains pro bodybuilding status

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

Robb Walker grew up in Peoria, played the flute in the high school band and color guard. He was in the Marines from 2002-2006, which is where he began focusing on fitness. Walker won his division at the National Physique Committee Masters USA national competition. Woodruff High School grad and now Austin, Texas resident Robb Walker is working toward a Ph.D. He won five categories in a bodybuilding and men's physique national show in Scottsdale, Ariz. Walker says his training regimen is 20 weeks before a show.

Robert Walker
"I just really connect to bodybuilding competition," said Walker, a 1991 Woodruff graduate now working and training in Austin, Texas. "I competed last year and didn't get first, so I didn't earn my pro card.

"In a way, that was a blessing, because it left a bad taste for me, really pushed me."

"My goal was to win one category and get my pro card," "But they just kept calling my name, and bringing me back to up to the stage. I thought I was being pranked.

"For me, I love the smell of spray tan backstage, getting prepared. I love the competition from people coming from different places. I love the challenge of making changes to your body."

Robert Walker is a pro bodybuilder

S

SolidSa

Congratulations Champ, so happy to see you succeeding in all areas of life. Keep if up, congratulations and best wishes for completing your PhD.