• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pete's Contest Prep- OCB Midatlantic Classic

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like the look of your tris in that levronesque pose...

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks a lot man! My triceps aren't a strong point, but I feel like that pose makes the appear bigger because I can push my arms against my side, which makes the illusion of a big arm.
I want to keep working on these non mandatory poses so I have some good transitions in my posing routine.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good man! just keep trucking and 18 weeks from now you will look awesome!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks PV, motivation is high, feeling good! Just cant wait to not be fat hahah

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looking good pete. looking thick throughout. arms and lats look like standouts.

are we gonna see some training sessions?:)

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey thanks a lot bulkboy! Your avatar is looking AWESOME! you need to tell me your trick for growing those traps! That is definitely a standout body part for you and a weakness for me lol.

Do you mean like just post up my training session sets and reps? or videos? I dont think I have access to videos, nor would it be too appealing cause im not lifting crazy weights lol. I could definitely put up some training session numbers though!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
week 3

Hey guys,

so 3 weeks down, 17 weeks to go. Seems like the weeks are starting to fly by. I'm trying not to think about the contest being more then 4 months away. I'm just trying to take it one week at a time. My weight last week was ranging from 223.8-223.0 This week it ranged from 221.0-221.8. Both days the weight was taken on Friday and Saturday morning.

I'm feeling fine physically. Strength has gone down only a bit, but I'm able to lift the same weights I was before basically. However, I did squats tonight, and I could definitely feel a difference in strength. I feel like big compound movements like that are always first to go down in strength because they take so much out of me.
Mentally, I'm starting to get that "small" feeling. I refuse to take my measurements because I feel like I'll just get depressed seeing my numbers go down. I know that bodybuilding is a sport of illusion and perception, but If i see that my measurements have gone down (not including my waist) I'll start getting a downtrodden attitude. It's impossible not to lose some size, because im of course covered in fat, but actually seeing the numbers go down, is too much for my ego to handle.
If I just try to keep my workouts intense, and take notice of my body getting leaner, I'll have a positive mental attitude. It will make my prep so much easier, faster, and less stressful.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2nd set..

more..

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
last..

please ignore my tongue out in the last pic. lol totally unintentional

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It seems diet is starting to work, isn't it?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome log! Legs are really looking good.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MVS: Diet is going well man, thanks a lot! Started the diet at 231, and now I'm 219.5. I think I know where you're coming from though, the diet is so slow and gradual to make sure I don't lose muscle, the loss of fat isn't extremeley apparent. I've been taking pics every week, so its kinda hard to tell major changes. Most people post up pics like every 5-6 weeks or so, and the differences always look drastic.
Creator: thanks a lot buddy! Means a lot coming from a guy with crazy wheels! ýour hamstrings are crazy, and your quads have definitely come up since last year. Makes me really happy you said that though, cause I feel like my legs have gotten smaller, when in reality all I really lost was a bit of fat lol.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Incredible facial expression on the last pic Pete! LOL

Anyway, you look really good. just from looking through all your pics i can see you've lost fat in all the right places with little loss of muscle mass.

I dont know if youve already mentioned but how many calories did you begin your diet on and how many are you currently taking?

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hahah thanks Big Guns! I have to make sure I dont do that onstage LOL.

I appreciate the comment man. I'm really trying to not lose any muscle at all. Im not some huge guy that can sacrifice size by any means.

I started my diet with the following macros...
Protein: 275
Carbs: 240
Fat: 65

I have two higher carb days, where I lower my protein and fats, and increase my carbs.

I have only lowered my calories by 40-80 calories. On normal carb days, I now have 230 grams of carbs, and on high carb days, I have lowered it 20 grams so its at 340. Nothing drastic by any means.

So on normal days, im having 2600 calories. On higher carb days, Im taking in 2700.

I've been feeling fine, really not having bad hunger pangs by any means, which is great. When I get really hungry between meals, I'll chug some water, and once a day I'll make one of those drinks with XTEND BLUE RASBERRY!! It's sooo damn good. I recommend it to anyone, dieting or not.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
good set of progress pics. I like the detail your going into pete. Keep it up.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks a lot Pickle! Contest Prep is a special thing, because it's not something you can do on a whim. If you want to do yourself justice, you can only do it 100%. I want to keep you guys updated with all the little details that have been going into it. I feel like I'll get better constructive critisim that way as well. Whether it be diet, supps, training, cardio, mental attitude, etc. The mecca has given me a wealth of knowledge and enjoyment, I wanted to show all of you how it has helped me through this endeavor.

I really appreciate all the support from everyone!

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking good Pete ,quads are getting harder for sure!!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
16 weeks!

Hey Guys,

4 weeks down, 16 weeks to go! This week just flew by, and the dieting process has been going great. I really don't feel like im dieting hard at all because im taking such a long, slow, progressive approach. I also think it's been easier, because the last few months of my offseason I felt like I was force feeding myself a bit. So by the time dieting came around, my body was ready for a lesser amount of food! I'm sure I'll think differently once I get more of my macros cut, cardio increases, etc. But for now, my spirits are high, as is my motivation!

This week was strange because I feel like I got a bit leaner, however, I didn't lose any weight really! My weight last week was around 221.8, while this week my weight was around 221-220.5 my weight fluctuated a lot, but really it stayed around the same pound or so the whole week. I sent Layne my pictures and updates, and he said I looked leaner as well, and I didnt need any changes in my macronutrients or cardio. I was so happy to hear that. I dont want to lose any of my food!!
I'm going to stay on my grind, and hopefully I can keeping making steady progress with my macros for another week or two.

Right now seems like an important week to me because I'm currently 16 weeks out. This is the time most people usually start dieting. So I asked myself, do I look like most people that start dieting now? Do I look 16 weeks out? I feel like I do. I may have not dieted too many times, but Ive kept up with a lot of precontest logs, and although I know I can't compare myself to others, because of different ages, metbolisms, nutrition, muscle mass, etc. I feel like I'm in the right ball park for 16 weeks out. I'm getting more conditioned, abs are coming in better, and I feel like I havent lost any size.

At first, I was really bummed I lost hardly any weight this week. But after assessing with Layne, that I got leaner, I think of it as a positive. I'm going to pay a little less attention to the scale, and just keep assessing the mirror!

Here are the normal pics for you guys. I may look a bit smaller then last weeks pics, however I noticed im about 1-2 feet back from where I took the pics last week. Being closer to the camera makes a big difference in size illusion.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

2nd set

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

more..