• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pre and post workout meal

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Try as much as possible to stay off drinks that emits gas after taking them before getting into your workout drills. Take for instance, drinking coke is not ideal before working out.

J

jpk0007

Well, I think that a pre workout meal should not be very heavy. A glass of milk and a fruit like an apple or a bannana can be a good pre workout meal. After finishing the workout it is better to eat something which has a lot of proteins like chicken and eggs and also include a scoop of protein powder if you are used to taking it.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From all of my experience and encounters with bodybuilders and gym professionals, they would always stress the fact that it's not advisable to have much heavy meal before starting to carry out one's exercising workouts routines. The heavy meals will certainly make it harder for you to workout effectively as it would induce fatigue all throughout your workout routine. It's far more better to stick with light meal and more of liquids, they are literally the best combination. It's no problem to eat heavy meal once you have completed your workout sessions.

C

Caguioa747

Banned
I guess it would all depend on what your goals are in the gym. Im still bulking up so before my workout i eat 80g of oats, half a banana slices up in the oats, table spoon of peanut butter and a scoop of protein. All mixed in the oats.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, I think that a pre workout meal should not be very heavy. A glass of milk and a fruit like an apple or a bannana can be a good pre workout meal. After finishing the workout it is better to eat something which has a lot of proteins like chicken and eggs and also include a scoop of protein powder if you are used to taking it.

Your meal plan seems perfect to me because it contains mostly what would give you a lot of energy and stamina to workout very well without feeling fatigue into few minutes of getting into your workout routine session. I have seen some people who can't go on for at least a minimum of 15 minutes with their workout drills and they would gas out and stop immediately. One's meal combinations goes a long way in determining how long you are going to be working out actively.

C

Concentrix

The best time to eat before working out is thirty minutes before hitting the gym so your stomach would not be busy digesting the consumed food. A small snack or snack with carbs such as crackers, rice cake, or a granola bar will suffice because carbohydrates is the source of muscle's energy to do a certain task. While the best post-workout meal especially if you are an athlete is a meal that contains a range of recommended protein amounts. Those proteins will help repair and build the torn muscles from working out.