• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Questions about milk

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Milk is really good try to follow the doctors advice and take milk everyday.you can drink in the morning as breakfast with something.you can also drink it during lunch and dinner.

luri

luri

Banned
Unless you are lactose intolerant (lactose is a compound found in milk), which will make you allergic to milk, you should drinking milk for health. Milk is the best food for human body. Remember, a child survives just on milk for 3-4 months.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Unless you are lactose intolerant (lactose is a compound found in milk), which will make you allergic to milk, you should drinking milk for health. Milk is the best food for human body. Remember, a child survives just on milk for 3-4 months.

Lactose intolerance is the problem of most seniors that I know. They cannot drink milk so they just have coffee or tea in the morning. It is noticeable that they were shrinking in height when they reach 70. That is the reason why I drink milk in the morning at least twice a week for supplement to my bone density. I do not want to be shorter when I grow old. By the way, I am lactose intolerant when I was younger but now that I am a senior I have no issue when I drink nilk.

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Fresh whole raw milk is much different from the processed milk that is sold in grocery stores. When I lived in the country , I had my own milk cow, or a milk goat, and we had the fresh milk for drinking and cooking with. The raw milk still has all of the natural digestive enzymes in it, as well as more vitamins and minerals. If a person can drink the fresh raw milk, rather than the pasteurized and homogenized milk that is sold in the store, then you are nowhere as likely to have an intolerance to it.

Another great thing about raw milk, is that it sours, as opposed to spoiling, like processed milk. Sour milk can turn into kefir, yogurt, or buttermilk, depending on how it sours, and for how long.

Most early cultures actually drank kefir, which is a soured milk product, because they had no way to keep the milk fresh and refrigerated like we can do now.
A kefir starter is used to make kefir.
It is called Kefir grains, but actually is just clumps of the kefir milk that looks similar to cottage cheese, and is not any kind of a grain at all.
A little starter is mixed in with the fresh milk, and it is left out overnight, and then you have kefir the next day.
Cultured milk is very healing to the body, and can be used for smoothies, drinking or in cooking.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author

I'm lactose intolerant and it's a pain in the ass. I have to use Almond milk for my protein shakes and take pills when I do eat something with cheese in it. Being a guinea, that's frequently.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I'm lactose intolerant and it's a pain in the ass. I have to use Almond milk for my protein shakes and take pills when I do eat something with cheese in it. Being a guinea, that's frequently.
What do you take for it Joe?

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

ashfitness365

ashfitness365

Milk is the BEST way to get some effective proteins as it's packed with important nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, B vitamins, potassium, and vitamin D. Plus, it's an excellent source of protein. Drinking milk and dairy products may prevent osteoporosis and bone fractures and even help you maintain a healthy weight.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author

I try to avoid dairy products that aren't almond or coconut milk/non-dairy. But if I know I'm going to eat something good like baked ziti, I take two Lactaid pills before.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I try to avoid dairy products that aren't almond or coconut milk/non-dairy. But if I know I'm going to eat something good like baked ziti, I take two Lactaid pills before.
I've been using unsweetened coconut milk when I eat cereal. It tastes like shit alone but it's not bad with other things.

L

lokielovesbunny

I think milk has its own benefits, full of calcium and there is no doubt some people love to drink before bed, as studies have been shown that taking glass of milk gives you nice sleep at night which is predominate for healthy lifestyle not only but it is the great source protein, Calcium, Phosphorus, B Vitamins, Potassium and Vitamin D. undoubtly we should add in our diet chart, however others milk, like coconut milk, almond milk these are best and more healthy benefits, but sometimes milk can cause bloating, and gas, so it should be well consumed in right way.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff