• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Randy Couture vs. Brock Lesnar

G

Griffstrong

I honestly dont see how you guys can say he is nowhere close skill wise? Experience yes but give me some legit reasons and situations where Randy is so much futher ahead "skill" and I will be happy....

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude he has wrestling skill and thats it...tell me where he has shown any other use of skill? In his first UFC fight he looked lake a mad man swinging for the fences before he was tapped out...second fight he landed a haymaker on Heath dropped him then played the lay and pray game....he had countless opportunities to take heath's back or put on some serious GnP and yet he never did....I wonder why? His size and power alone will take him far but in order for him to be a serious threat i honestly think he needs to evolve in the gym. Time is on his side!

I'm not hating on Brock he just lacks true all around mma skill and IMO got alot of hype far to earlier....currently he's a wrestler with size and power period.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Randy given the opportunity would know what to do if given someones back for example, hes a very versatile fighter. He can compete anywhere in the ring.... i'm not saying he's a submission guy, cause we all know he's not BUT if needed he has the skill to end a fight with a submission. His bread and butter will always be wrestling but hes evolved past just using wrestling techniques.

G

Griffstrong

What you are saying has some point bro no doubt. If you listen to Brocks post fight interview with Herring he is asked the exact question you just spoke of....why didnt you take his back? And he replied....it was just part of our game plan to control the fight the whole time, and not take any risks as far as giving up position. "Holding people down" is more than just using size and strength to lay on someone. Its called grappling and has absolutely everything to do with position and knowing how to use that position. Regardless, I am just excited to see the fight its gonna be crazy!

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What you are saying has some point bro no doubt. If you listen to Brocks post fight interview with Herring he is asked the exact question you just spoke of....why didnt you take his back? And he replied....it was just part of our game plan to control the fight the whole time, and not take any risks as far as giving up position. "Holding people down" is more than just using size and strength to lay on someone. Its called grappling and has absolutely everything to do with position and knowing how to use that position. Regardless, I am just excited to see the fight its gonna be crazy!

I agree 100% dude grappling is all about positioning and he is good at that due to his wrestling background. His size and strength doesnt hurt either :tiphat:

It will be interesting to see the fight and how it goes down...im excited to see wand and rampage square off again to. There should be a few killer fights this year.

G

Griffstrong

Yeah no doubt. Im a big Rampage fan also so ill be watching that one for sure. Should be explosive. Rumor has it GSP and BJ Penn are going to be fighting in January..