• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Rising welterweight Conor Benn in a knockout win

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
Undefeated welterweight Conor Benn earned his 11th KO in 16 wins when he stopped Steve Jamoye in the 4th round. After a point deduction for low blow, Benn compensated with that blockbuster punch. Jamoye tried to continue but his wobbly feet indicated surrender.
 
Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
1,514
Points
63
Conor Benn is really impressive, if I do say so myself. Also, I can't believe he is only 23 years old and making a killing. I guess it does run in the family.
 
M

Maestro

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
227
Points
16
Conor Benn is no joke. It just shows how good you can become when you have a great team behind you.
 
O

Olaf

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2019
Messages
122
Points
16
I really thought Conor Benn was going to get disqualified with all those low blows he got in. I have say, when I saw the referee waving off the fight counting, I knew the medics had to get involved.
 
Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
1,514
Points
63
Having his dad on the ring side has to be the best feeling. That kind of support is what most fighters need, to be great.
 
M

Maestro

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
227
Points
16
Having his dad on the ring side has to be the best feeling. That kind of support is what most fighters need, to be great.

Exactly what I was trying to say.
 
O

Olaf

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2019
Messages
122
Points
16
Conor Benn has a bright future that is if he stays clean and out of trouble. He is young and obviously getting a ton of money and attention, which sometimes can lead to dark palces.
 
P

pwarbi

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2016
Messages
118
Points
16
Having his dad on the ring side has to be the best feeling. That kind of support is what most fighters need, to be great.

While I do understand what you're saying, and having a dad as famous as Nigel in your corner will no doubt be an advantage, don't you also think that extra pressure may also be a burden?

Conor needs to make a name for himself on his own and while the advice off his dad will be needed, I'm not sure having him in the corner at such close quarters is the best way moving forward.
 
Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
1,514
Points
63
Having his dad on the ring side has to be the best feeling. That kind of support is what most fighters need, to be great.

While I do understand what you're saying, and having a dad as famous as Nigel in your corner will no doubt be an advantage, don't you also think that extra pressure may also be a burden?

Conor needs to make a name for himself on his own and while the advice off his dad will be needed, I'm not sure having him in the corner at such close quarters is the best way moving forward.

Having someone you can really trust is very important, and if it happens to be a father who's got experience, even better. The pressure is always going to be there, whether it's from the coach, family members or even fans. The secret is knowing how to keep your cool and do what you came to do.
 
M

Maestro

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
227
Points
16
I read on some site that the former two-weight world champion is making a comeback on November 23, after 23 years away from the ring. I still can't believe Nigel Benn is going to fight.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
O

Olaf

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2019
Messages
122
Points
16
I read on some site that the former two-weight world champion is making a comeback on November 23, after 23 years away from the ring. I still can't believe Nigel Benn is going to fight.

His son, Conor Benn, is reluctant about joining him on the ringside. I actually understand Conor's reason for not wanting to watch his father fight. I mean, if I saw my father getting in the ring after 23 years since retirement, I would be worried sick!!
 
Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
1,514
Points
63
I read on some site that the former two-weight world champion is making a comeback on November 23, after 23 years away from the ring. I still can't believe Nigel Benn is going to fight.

His son, Conor Benn, is reluctant about joining him on the ringside. I actually understand Conor's reason for not wanting to watch his father fight. I mean, if I saw my father getting in the ring after 23 years since retirement, I would be worried sick!!

Personally, I'm excited to see him fight again. I want to know if he is still in shape or it's just a stunt to make more money.
 

Similar threads

Top