• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Road to the Arnold Classic 2010!!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ronny Rockel 2 weeks out.

170210_28829JPG-1.jpg

170210_281129JPG-1.jpg

170210_28929JPG-1.jpg

170210_281029JPG-1.jpg

170210_28629JPG-1.jpg

170210_28529JPG-1.jpg

170210JPG-1.jpg

170210_28329JPG-1.jpg

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If we could put all of the Prep stuff for the Arnold in here that would be great. :tiphat:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ARNOLD CLASSIC

Melvin Anthony
Tarek Elsetouhi
Toney Freeman
Kai Greene
Phil Heath
Dexter Jackson
Johnnie Jackson
Robert Pietrkowicz
Ronny Rockel
Silvio Samuel
Sergey Shelestov
Branch Warren
Roelly Winklaar
Hidetada Yamagishi

FIGURE INTERNATIONAL

Monica Brant
Krissy Chin
Alicia Harris
Candice Houston
Heather Mae French
Monica Mark-Escalante
Angela Mraz
Jessica Paxson-Putnam
Larissa Reis
Krystal Richardson
Felicia Romero
Rosa-Maria Romero
Sherlyn Roy
Mindi Smith
Erin Stern
Kristina Tauti
Kim Tilden
Andrea Watson
Latisha Wilder
Nicole Wilkins-Lee

FITNESS INTERNATIONAL

Myriam Capes
Regiane Da Silva
Nicole Duncan
Tina Durkin
Allison Ethier
Adela Garcia
Tracey Greenwood
Oksana Grishina
Jennifer Hendershott
Tanji Johnson
Julie Palmer
Kayde Puckett
Camala Rodriguez
Sylvia Tremblay
Kizzy Vaines

MS. INTERNATIONAL

Heather Armbrust
Lisa Aukland
Dayana Cadeau
Iris Kyle
Debi Laszewski
Zoa Linsey
Mah-Ann Mendoza
Yaxeni Oriquen-Garcia
Jeannie Paparone
Betty Pariso
Alina Popa
Brenda Raganot
Elena Shportun-Willemer
Dena Westerfield

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
and the competitors list from ifbbpro.com

2010arnoldclassic_competitorlist1-1.gif

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Kais lower lats are nuts. I dont think any 6'8 man is meant to carry around 295 lbs every day.

Mike Camp at the Eastern USA's

JB7_4752-1.jpg

EDIT: I couldnt help but laugh at the side steps.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
what's the name of the exercises Mike Camp says to google for?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome videos so far. thanks for updating us tkD. really appreciate it=)

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would like ot get some input on what ppl think about Kai's leg training.

Obviously it's hard to know certain details of the training becuz the video jumped around.

I was very impressed with the training session, especially considering that it was the first time he was squatting 500 since his prep (because of his back). Also he did a lot of different exericses/machines which I thought was a good idea.

The one major thing I was suprised about was his stances........he did a relatively wide stance on everything. I would expect him to do something with a closer stance to hit his outer sweep, considering how massive it is.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

Obviously it's hard to know certain details of the training becuz the video jumped around.

I was very impressed with the training session, especially considering that it was the first time he was squatting 500 since his prep (because of his back). Also he did a lot of different exericses/machines which I thought was a good idea.

The one major thing I was suprised about was his stances........he did a relatively wide stance on everything. I would expect him to do something with a closer stance to hit his outer sweep, considering how massive it is.

Prolly lucky genetics lol

I been doing wider stance squats (i have trouble doing super deep squats with a narrow stance) but i still do narrow leg press and extentions. my sweep gets pumped with a fairly wide stance.... although Kais stance is almost absurdly wide.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I would keep in mind that this is just one in a series of leg routines. I train in a somewhat similar manner. Notice how he paid most attention to the quads everything with a wider stance. Kai eally did not even train his hamstrings directly, but in and indirect manner his squat and every press he did work the hamstrings bc f how wide his stance was. You made a great observatioon and that was that he did not do any close stance on any machine except for the superset kai did between the wide stanc eon leg press and the clsoe stanc on the standing squat machine.To which i answer how does he do his stair master, and what other routines is this one leg routine a smaller part of, it is possible that the stances on all of these things chanes in a controlled manner to get a specific end result.

Again i train in a similar manner focus on one aspect of legs each time but still training the quad and hamstring and glutes every leg session, my form will change to put more stress on different areas of the muscles accordingly.

Great subtopic idea for this thread turk!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

According to the research stance width doesn't change VM vs VL recruitment. Only thing I've seen that does change their recruitment is the foot angle during leg extensions. So using a leg extension as activation with feet rotated inward would help bring out VL.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
An older vid from muscletech, with Branch and JOJ training delts, posted for the hype!

Also Branch's stats in his latest MD vid were insane, 405 MP for 9 reps; 365 for 17, 315 MPs for 28? 405 incline bench for 20, and all this a few weeks before the O, FUUUUU!!

2zhi0kl-1.jpg

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
LMAO at this caption hahaha (had to go off topic a bit)

credits goes to a guy from MD

2567609-1.jpg

:49:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Trish is ready for kicking some butt.

I mean literally. :umwtf: