• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Road to the Arnold Classic 2010!!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Guess we have better taste than that :borat:

Go Phil, go Dex!!

Don't get me wrong, I prefer Phil or Dex too, but I'm a fan of Branch as well, and since he got 2nd place at the O (even if I don't agree with that), I think a Team Warren should be available on mecca.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't get me wrong, I prefer Phil or Dex too, but I'm a fan of Branch as well, and since he got 2nd place at the O (even if I don't agree with that), I think a Team Warren should be available on mecca.

129044274684174271-1.jpg

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I still think its between Kai and Phil. I cant see dex winning because he will be more along the lines of Phil in terms of comparable physiques and i dont think Dexter can hold off Phil anymore. Not only has phil put on more muscle, he probably wont be sick like he was at the Olympia.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I still think its between Kai and Phil. I cant see dex winning because he will be more along the lines of Phil in terms of comparable physiques and i dont think Dexter can hold off Phil anymore. Not only has phil put on more muscle, he probably wont be sick like he was at the Olympia.

Dex has won 3 out of 4 of his recent showings at the AC. Don't write him off.

D

DIPLOMAT007

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with Kai, for not doing the exercises like Dorian told him, I mean the speed on the negative part, on the bb rows, pullover machine, and then the deadlifts..

he was looking anoyyed for the most part , didnt have that intensity i wanted to see :omgwtf:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Sergey 1 week out

Last edited by a moderator:
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
New updates from flexonline

Can the 2009 Olympia runner-up Branch Warren win the Arnold?

Favorites aside, who will crack the Arnold's final six?

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
shlestov.ru with a Las Vegas t-shirt.:umwtf:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Branch Warren - delts training

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Photos of Melvin Anthony Jr. 10 days out from the 2010 Arnold Classic

Melvin Anthony Jr.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Gold's Gym, Venice, California

Melvin Anthony, 2010 IFBB Phoenix Pro champ, returns to Golds Gym, Venice, to hit his chest, biceps, and legs just 10 days before the 2010 Arnold Classic. His focus is on maintaining muscularity while pulling in eye-catching detail. To accomplish this feat, he starts off bombing his chest with incline dumbbell press, smith machine flat bench press, hammer strength decline press and flat machine flys. He then takes a moment to help inspire and educate 19 year old Seth Sandler in Gold's gym posing room. Returning to his gut-blasting routine, Melvin decides to tackle biceps, starting with standing cable curls and followed by dumbbell hammer curls and hammer strength machine curls. Then, just when you think that that he is done, he decides to enlist the help of the legendary Charles Glass and performs grueling single-leg lunges on the hack squat supersetted with step-ups followed by a final set of hack squat stiff-leg deadlifts.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
ASC predictions from: Loonie Teper, Isaac Hinds and Ron Avidan

SWAMI: LT
1. Dexter Jackson (ties Flex Wheeler for all-time ASC record with his 4th win)
2. Kai Greene
3. Branch Warren
4. Phil Heath
5. Toney Freeman
6. Melvin Anthony

HARDBODY: Isaac Hinds
1. Phil Heath
2. Dexter Jackson
3. Branch Warren
4. Kai Greene
5. Melvin Anthony
6. Toney Freeman

YOGI: Ron Avidan

1. Kai Greene
2. Phil Heath
3. Dexter Jackson
4. Branch Warren
5. Toney Freeman
6. Melvin Anthony

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that branch video was just awesome. cool to hear branch share his thoughts with us the way he did. on top of that, noone is more interesting to watch train than branch. the guy is an absolute freak in the gym.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn, this is building up to be one of the best ASC ever. so many big names in the line up and some exciting newcomers.

the top 6 predictions posted above all look interesting. but the third one is probably closest to my top 6.

and it would be great id Ronny Rockel could get in the top 6 but its gonna be tough in this lineup.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Check this preview comparison:
2010 Arnold Classic Preview - Top 8!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Branch is the fucking man right now!

really enjoyed listening to his words.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
2010 Arnold Classic preview: The greatest Gift?

Expectations are running high for Phil Heath at the 2010 Arnold Classic

March 2, 2010

By Shawn Perine

FLEXONLINE.COM

In what may be the most competitive lineup in Arnold Classic history, one man arguably stands more to lose, and gain, than his 12 rivals — Phil Heath.

It's not that Heath's reputation or his standing in the bodybuilding community is any higher than that of peers like Dexter Jackson, Kai Greene or Branch Warren. The simple fact is, though, that the expectations placed upon Heath's shoulders are disproportionately high. Since turning pro at the 2005 USA Championships Heath has carried the mantle of heir to the throne with him at every competition he's entered and while he's won three pro shows (the 2006 Colorado Pro and New York Pro and 2008 Ironman Pro), he's yet to live up to the predictions of dominance so many have cast for him.

While there's no such thing as a "make or break" competition in bodybuilding, the 2010 Arnold Classic isn't too far off for a man dubbed "The Gift," for his enviable genetic heritage. This is now Heath's fifth season as a pro and this past December he joined the ranks of those on the far side of 30 — an unofficial dividing line between prodigy and stalwart.

In short, now is the time for Heath to establish himself as the No. 1 contender for the Mr. Olympia title, something Warren currently holds (based on his 2nd place finish at the '09 O), Greene owned last year (after a dominating win in Columbus) and 2008 Mr. Olympia Jackson has claimed on a number of occasions. Of course, a win this weekend, and moreover a convincing win, will go a long way towards putting him on notice as Jay Cutler's top adversary come this September at the Mr. Olympia in Las Vegas, Nevada.

I'm feeling good, knock on wood," asserted Heath this past week. "I'm holding my weight better than I ever have before and have made some noticeable improvements to my delts and hamstrings."

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Can Kai Greene defend his title at the 2010 Arnold Classic?

We love the underdog. We're suckers for triumphant "against all the odds" stories. Last year we were treated to just such a story when Kai L. Greene upset heavy favorite Victor Martinez to capture the Arnold Classic and become bodybuilding's Cinderella Man. Now, four days out from the 2010 Arnold, the defending champ will have to pull off another show-stopping performance against a field that includes Dexter Jackson, Phil Heath and Branch Warren.

After a rocky start in the IFBB [two 14th place finishes and two DNP's over two years], Greene showed up at the '07 New York Pro with a much-improved physique that garnered sixth place. Two weeks later at the Keystone Pro, he jumped to third, setting up his first IFBB win the following week at the Colorado Pro. Sitting out that year's Mr. Olympia, Greene unveiled a bigger, albeit slightly less-sharp physique at the '08 Arnold, finishing third behind runner-up Heath and winner Jackson. Later that year, after collecting his second New York Pro title, Green again sat out the Olympia.

Heading into last year's Arnold, rumors swirled that Greene, who, at 5'8" and an offseason bodyweight of 300 pounds, was having trouble getting in shape. By Saturday's prejudging, those rumors were laid to rest as Greene's 255 pounds of dense, striated muscle — with the show's best legs — commanded the stage to pull ahead of Martinez and Warren. Greene closed out the '09 season by taking fourth at the Olympia.

Though a repeat is within Greene's grasp, he will need to be every bit as sharp — if not sharper — than he was last year and show improvements to his upper chest and delts. In career head-to-head meetings, he's 0-2 versus Jackson, 1-3 against Heath and tied at two-a-piece with Warren. Come March 5 in Columbus, Ohio, we'll see if he can beat the odds once more and up his Arnold Classic title count to two.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
I know it's posted in Roelly's Road to the Arnold thread, but here is him again 4 days out:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Romano and Dave's preview of the 2010 Arnold Classic