• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rocky's Log - King of the Jim

h0ke

h0ke

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ur are crazy Rocky, that train in 65 minutes. We would do that like 165 minutes :D.
Smith Bench looks strong, and that really sucks if now one is around. :xyxthumbs:

afgan-ali

afgan-ali

good lifts rocky, ive neva seen a session like that b4.
do u do a lot of whole body workouts ??

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sir rocko, just wanted to re-introduce myself once again...i haven't been in the log section in quite sum time and i miss seeing ur PB blasting training sessions....i seen ur pics in the member section sumtime back, looking very impressive sir rocko making sum great progressions!!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
insane job on those smith flats man
awesome work over all buddy, getting killa strong!

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dan - Thanks man. I'm liking this new routine - get both strength and hypertrophy rep ranges within the same session for a particular muscle group in the big lifts.

hoke - Yeah I hate training on my own, but was pleased I got so much done in such a short time frame. Managing to keep the intensity up with reasonably heavy weights.

afghan-ali - Thanks buddy. I haven't done a true "split" routine for quite a long time. I've only just started on this new routine which is more FB than the last which was a 2 split, so the frequency has effectively been upped again, along with the volume!

Turk - Always a pleasure to see you in here. Thanks. Only just started the new routine so got to build back up to bests again after adapting to the extra volume, but up till this point progress had been the best I've had since I started!

Glex - lol. A couple of times I've found myself in an unenviable predicament underneath a loaded BB so seeing as my training partner was AWOL I thought I'd play the safety card. And I was pretty chuffed to hit that PB on the hammers at the end of the session.

Hypo - Cheers Hypo. Both the BB and DB bench improved from last time - I think I'm getting accustomed to the new volume so hopefully the weight will get back to it's former position soon!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Good effort on the smith, not a great fan of it myself (dislike the fixed range of movement) but I suppose its good when you want to push those heavy weights by yourself. W/G's with weights are fun aren't they? I need to get a new chain to hang some weights and do these again.

Mikew

Mikew

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Crazy sessions Rocko! The bench session, how much rest is between those sets? Looks fun to try it out.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I used to like to do bench sessions like that until I ended up putting half of 150kg down on my jaw. Damn lack of spotter! I had a set of pins in at chest level for failures but somehow slipped one side of the bar under one. My jaw hurt for a week.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great session rocky. big benching and deadlifting. strong session overall.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
El Freako - To be honest I'm used to using the smith as I always trained on my own and there is limited equipment at the gym I'm at, but now I train with someone it's been nice to use the free bar again! And as for your 150kg drop - ouch! :)

Philo - Thanks buddy! :xyxthumbs:

Mike - Well the first 3 exercises took about 30 mins to do in total which is all the benching and the deads. I think I was having about 45 secs rest between sets.

Ironheart - Thanks man.I was quite pleased given I wasn't wholly motivated to start and I've only just really started with this extra volume.

Next session tomorrow.

Last night I lost my first suspect. It was a long night with attempted theft of vehicles, car pursuits and then found the suspect in a house but he escaped and I lost him and did my leg in during the chase and took all the skin off the shin. Gutted. It was pitch black in the middle of nowhere so couldn't see him when he went to ground. Never thought I'd lose someone in pursuit.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great last session rock and impressive in how short of imte u did it!!

As for losing someone in pursuit....maybe its because ur too buff?? :keke:

Dont let it get u down...u will get him next time!

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
prince - Thanks man. Tomorrow is another day.

And that day is today and next session! it wasn't too bad considering I had an awful night's sleep and I'd only had 4 hrs the day before after my night shift and it was legs dominant day!

Well here it was:

Smith Squat
80kg (180lb) x 10
110kg (240lb) x 8
150kg (330lb) x 3
150kg (330lb) x 3
150kg (330lb) x 3
150kg (330lb) x 3 - last 2 were a bit tough!

Clean & Press
60kg (135lb) x 4
80kg (180lb) x 1
90kg (200lb) x 1
100kg (220lb) x 1 - P.B. although it was more of a C & J.
105kg (230lb) x clean - didn't get the press. Still a PB for cleans! :)
90kg (200lb) x 1 - was gonna do a couple of reps but was dead now.
Attempted 100kg for a few cleans but didn't have enough in me.

Smith Lunge
145kg (320lb) x 8
145kg (320lb) x 8
145kg (320lb) x 8

Seated Calf Raises
160kg (352lb) x 15
220kg (485lb) x 10
220kg (485lb) x 10

SUPERSET WITH

DB Row
45kg (100lb) x 12
45kg (100lb) x 12
45kg (100lb) x 12 - heaviest DB's at the gym :disgust:

Rev Grip Smith C/G Bench
70kg (155lb) x 10
95kg (210lb) x 8
95kg (210lb) x 8

SUPERSET WITH

Seated Incline DB Curls
15kg (33lb) x 10
22.5kg (50lb) x 8
22.5kg (50lb) x 8 - pause after 5.

Not too bad. Think it took about 75 mins to do. Seem to hit an extra 5kg each time on the clean and presses. But for how long I don't know.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just threw up my lunch reading that.

It was hard just from an energy point of view. To be honest with this new routine the 1st 3 exercises are a killer, and then trying to do all the other moves afterwards especially supersetting them is tough going.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great session rocky!! great clean and presses!!

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
You are a week man Rocky...
Just kidding..awesome work as always :xyxthumbs:

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
super heavy workout nicca, congrats for your steady p.b.s :)

Mikew

Mikew

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I feel bad for the ruffian who gets caught by you. Your just gonna clean and press him right into jail. Awesome job.