• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Ronnie's performance at the 99 Olympia

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
his upper body was huge and great, his legs were huge and great.... his midsection was huge and ugly even back then.

He didnt have a gut then... what are you talking about? :dunnodude:
 
Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
1,977
Points
38
Ronnie definitely did have distention in 99. Not as bad as in later years, but you're blind if you say he had none.
 
Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
1,977
Points
38
what the hell are you guys looking at? the gut or the best back ever? if you are looking the gut you are either uninterested on bbding, or just blind

Not really. All areas should be assessed properly, especially when determining whether or not someone should be Mr. Olympia/hailed as having the best physique ever.

Of course, his distention was minor that year and his strengths far, far outweighed his weaknesses.
 
D

d.capodiferro

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
135
Points
16
never seen him with such a definition. anyway bigger ronnie of the last years has got something else. one thing i noticed:his arms look bigger than i've ever seen on him
 
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
8,184
Points
63
Awesome physic ronnie had back then. That year or 98 was his best years a the Olympia stage. 2001 Arnold was really good also. But I still like flex better.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Is that a joke? If you honestly think that he had a big and ugly midsection in
'99, then you don't just need glasses, but maybe laser eye surgery as well.

Ease up tiger its just my opinion, I like ronnie back when he won the arnold. I dont like any of ronnies physiques since hes won the olympia
 
bb4life

bb4life

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2007
Messages
141
Points
16
Ease up tiger its just my opinion, I like ronnie back when he won the arnold. I dont like any of ronnies physiques since hes won the olympia

Alright dude, sorry. I just got so much love for Ronnie that I can't help but become defensive about him.

Peace man.:xyxthumbs:
 
M

mike44

Active member
Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
38
Points
6
man he looked good back in 99, one of his best years
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
I dunno, I really liked his 01' Arnold look a lot. But his 99' build with conditioning was amazing, I would have to say they are equal IMO. But he defeated much harder competition with his 99' physique compared to his 01' ASC physique.
 
bb4life

bb4life

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2007
Messages
141
Points
16
He looked sick in 01, but I think he displayed a little more fullness in 99.
 
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
2,658
Points
36
Incredible....

The size/condition is just amazing. Those pics really do him justice :)
 
G

gqw06

Member
Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
18
Points
1
too bad he's just a big fat ball of walking HGH now
 
B

biggoodie

Member
Member
Joined
May 30, 2007
Messages
5
Points
1
i wish he couldve stayed in that shape, he would have never lost!!!
 
R

Ruhlforever

Well-known member
Member
Joined
May 7, 2007
Messages
395
Points
16
too bad he's just a big fat ball of walking HGH now

You said Fat because of the Gut, Damn, look at the entire condition he displayed there besides the size he displayed in 99 Mr. Olympia is incredible what HGH did for Ronnie if you want to add this terms to the conversation. The same applies for Jay and the amazing things FUROSAMIDE has done for him, every athlete uses "something", chico.''
 
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
2,066
Points
38
All i can say is WOW. He looked incredible. He displayed one of the best physics ever to stand on a stage that year.
 
G

georgarelis

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
85
Points
6
ronnie of 99 i think is the best bodybuilder ever! (still he had a belly)
 

Similar threads

TitanProgress
Replies
0
Views
14
TitanProgress
TitanProgress
Ronnie Coleman Feed
Replies
0
Views
120
Ronnie Coleman Feed
Ronnie Coleman Feed
Ronnie Coleman Feed
Replies
0
Views
89
Ronnie Coleman Feed
Ronnie Coleman Feed
Ronnie Coleman Feed
Replies
0
Views
115
Ronnie Coleman Feed
Ronnie Coleman Feed
Top