• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Routines for Women

J

jeromethechicken

Hey everybody, I'm trying to help my girlfriend out here. She wants to get lean and tone up and I've convinced her that the only way to do it is to lift. She wants me to come up with a good weekly routine for her. I'm coming to all of you for help. I'd like to help her out here but I want to get some advice from those of you in the know. Thanks. :2:

J

jeromethechicken

One more thing.

Oh and I forgot to mention. She would like to keep it to a three or four day routine. I'm trying to talk her into a 4 day but she enjoys her friday evening :linedrunk:.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
3 to 4 times a week should be enough. I would start with an upper/lowerbody routine along with some cardio. Since she wants to lean out the cardio should be the base of the program, the strength training must be build around it.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah upper lower or an abbreviated FB routine.

Day 1. Incline DB Bench, machine dips, reverse grip Pulldown, Walking DB Lunges

rest

Day 2. Flat DB press, Jerk and press, Bent over row, DB deadlifts!

rest

Day 3. repeat day 1

Tell your GF my girlie trains DC style with me, she doesn't do rest-pause but she goes hard and her body improved heaps, she was small giel to begin with, but the added shape especially in the glutes and legs is fucking rad!

J

jolly roger

She should lift just like a guy that's just starting out. Full body for a while, 3 days a week is perfect. Compound movements give the most bang for her buck. Get a solid base, get the movements down, etc. Remind her NOT to be afraid of lifting heavy weights, and that it's great for her metabolism. Squats and lunges are great tools for women.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If it is all brand new to her I would probably have her do a fullbody split 3 days a week. Make an A and a B workout and rotate them if she does not always want to do the same thing. Base the program around compound lifts, largest to smallest muscles. Sqauts, lunges, pullups - weight assist machine, if not one - pulldowns, db row, incline db press, pushups, db shoulder press, side db raise, db curl, dips - weight assist or weight machine, leg raises and low back extensions - something like that, avoid using too many machines and just setting around the whole time. Have her do 1 to 2 progressive warm up sets of 12 to 15 reps and 1 set to near failure for 10 to 12 reps. Do that for a few weeks, judge progress and if she wants to put more focus on certain areas switch to a upper/lower split. Women usually have no problem getting cardio in 5 times a week, so I doubt that is an issue, but make sure she is doing it. Women never realize the importance of weight lifting, they think cardio is what give you a lean muscular look. Make sure she understands that muscle burns calories and makes it far easier to get lean, and when you do get lean you will have nice curves, not bulky muscle. Good luck.

J

jeromethechicken

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help.