• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rumor: Jay Cutler is going to Retire after the India Sheru Classic?

Cutler Going to Retire After India Sheru Classic True or Fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Re: And here is the quick response of "Cuts"

And here is the quick response of "Cuts"

I didn't expect that! Yeah, better bring a BIGGER package. Phil beats you in aesthethics, let's play the mass game again. If you compete dry as hell at 275-280 Phil won't be Mr Olympia in 2012.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He's probably not retiring because of his endorsements and MD contract.

He needs to come in bigger and fuller if he wants a chance of topping Heath again. Hopefully we don't see an "07 Ronnie Coleman" and he comes in placing out of the top 3.

W

Workingroup

Jay Cutler annoucement:
"For everyone who keeps asking if I'm retired I assure you I'm coming back with something bigger and better than ever! 2012 will be epic."

- Jay Cutler via Twitter

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He's probably not retiring because of his endorsements and MD contract.

He needs to come in bigger and fuller if he wants a chance of topping Heath again. Hopefully we don't see an "07 Ronnie Coleman" and he comes in placing out of the top 3.

Yes, I agree. Anyway, I don't think we'll see a 2007 ROnnie Coleman, Cutler is not injured and his show this year is probably the 90-95% of his all-time best. Ronnie wasn't at 2006.

oldez

oldez

Yes, I agree. Anyway, I don't think we'll see a 2007 ROnnie Coleman, Cutler is not injured and his show this year is probably the 90-95% of his all-time best. Ronnie wasn't at 2006.
What about the bicep injury, what about his atrophied delt and quad? If you look at these pictures from 2008 to 2011 you can clearly see that he has been losing mass on his lower lats each year.

17691.jpg

1323.jpg

86539.jpg

190430.jpg

The guy is getting old. There are not going to be anymore improvements. The only thing he can try and do is not get any worse and try to come in conditioned. He always says he is going to be better than before but for the last 5 years he has been getting worse.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^^

Actually till 09 he has been coming better each year..

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think Cutler is smaller than in 2006. In fact he's bigger and his conditioning is spot on. His abs didn't look so well since he was an amateur. No distention at all. Of course he can't make dramatic improvements, he's 37 or so, but he needs to play the size game again. He only can regain his crown being MUCH bigger than Phil Heath. The Gift's it's better in aesthethic and taper department, so Cutler must play his game: MASS.

oldez

oldez

I don't think Cutler is smaller than in 2006. In fact he's bigger and his conditioning is spot on. His abs didn't look so well since he was an amateur. No distention at all. Of course he can't make dramatic improvements, he's 37 or so, but he needs to play the size game again. He only can regain his crown being MUCH bigger than Phil Heath. The Gift's it's better in aesthethic and taper department, so Cutler must play his game: MASS.

Jay is now 38. He'll be 39 on the next Olympia. He is getting too old to gain more mass.

Here is what wrote about Vic on another thread. A lot of it goes for Jay as well.

Remember that Vic is older than Jay. He is not a young guy anymore. Next year he'll be 39. It is questionable if there is room for improvements at that age. Sure he can do what Dex and Toney have done for years. That is to bring the same package everytime, but no improvements. If he wants to be competetive the only thing he can do is to come in ripped.

There really are no bodybuilders who have peaked after 35. Sure Ronnie was still competetive after 35, but personally I think Ronnie looked better when he was 35 than when he was 39. Sure he was fricking huge, but he also had a huge midsection. Jay looked better in his early thirties than now. Dexter Jacson peaked about five-six years ago if not earlier. Personally I think that we have seen the best of Branch Warren two years ago. Markus Ruhl peaked before he was 35.

When you consider that there are guys like Phil and Wolf who are in their early thirties (Phil 31 and Wolf 32) and making improvements it is not sure if Vic(Jay) can challenge them. I just think we have already seen the best what Vic(Jay) has to offer. That injury just came at a very bad time. **** happens.

Look at Dexter 12 years ago. I think he looked better back then than when he won the Olympia in 2008.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JAEFas_pQ0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Y_3zjn5p4

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay will make a change of strategy!
And that weight will be less .. so will have better lines!
I do not think he can repeat the mass-gain this year again!
He knows that's a handycap against itself!

jc10ss7-1.jpg
jc11vr6-1.jpg
jc9po4-1.jpg
jc12as0-1.jpg

jc15nx9-1.jpg

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Epic Pics!!

jc14mx8-1.jpg

jc7bw7-1.jpg

jc4ex0-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree that Jay's back is not what it was a few years ago. He saw a ton of improvements in his back around 2005, and his back-double-bi even hung with a healthy Ronnie Coleman that year. It continued to look big and thick for a few years there, then somewhere around 2008 or 2009 it looked like he lost half his thickness. I think he got injured somehow.

oldez

oldez

Jay will make a change of strategy!
And that weight will be less .. so will have better lines!
I do not think he can repeat the mass-gain this year again!
He knows that's a handycap against itself!

Great pics.. What year was that? 2001? Who still claims that Jay looks better now than 10 years ago?

oldez

oldez

I agree that Jay's back is not what it was a few years ago. He saw a ton of improvements in his back around 2005, and his back-double-bi even hung with a healthy Ronnie Coleman that year. It continued to look big and thick for a few years there, then somewhere around 2008 or 2009 it looked like he lost half his thickness. I think he got injured somehow.

Mass gains come at a cost.

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great pics.. What year was that? 2001? Who still claims that Jay looks better now than 10 years ago?

..2001 ..Jay in that Olympia was very dangerous!!

Last edited:
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think anyone would argue that Jay looks better now than 10 years ago.

But on stage, Jay Cutler in 2009 WOULD beat Jay Cutler in 2001.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

I feel the same way.

oldez

oldez

Yes he would, but Jay is getting worse every year. The only thing that he has managed to improve is his conditioning, which was real crap to begin with. Phil on the other hand has been spot on with his conditiong and is still making improvements. That is why Jay just cannot beat Phil anymore. He no longer has the huge advantage on mass which got him those Olympias.