• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Sazali Samad is suspended for 4 years for doping!

Kayce

Kayce

Well-known member
VIP
Author
Member
Joined
May 22, 2015
Messages
656
Points
68
Sazali Samad
Sazali Samad, also known as The iron Man From Asia was recently suspended for 4 years for doping by the Malaysia Bodybuilding Association. Supposedly Sazali did not know the bodybuilding supplement he was using was a banned substance. Yeah right.

Sazali was the Mr. Universe winner 10 times!

Malaysia Bodybuilding Association (PBBM) deputy president, Datuk Dr Ahmad Badrus Othman:
We accepted Sazali’s explanation that he did not intentionally take substances but it was due to his own negligence.

Sazali is a very disciplined bodybuilder, he had brought honors to the country... we understand he regretted what had happened

The doping test was done on September 1 before the 49th Asian Bodybuilding Championships.

Sazali samad bernama
 
Last edited:
Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
2,716
Points
38
What did he get popped for??
 
MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Joined
May 11, 2012
Messages
4,323
Points
83
We do not know what he was using. I do not think it was made public yet but stay tuned.

We did find out though that he is appealing his suspension seeing as he was tested out of season.

Sazali Samad:
I will make an appeal but I am still discussing the matter, It may take some time.

Sazali was supposed to appear at a press conference but he never showed. We will post more updates when we find them.
 
Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
2,716
Points
38
Any news yet on what he tested positive for?
 
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
5,490
Points
138
No news on the substances he was using but I did find out the decision on his appeal should be announced soon. The (MBF)Malaysian Bodybuilding Federation is supposed to make an announcement with in the next few days but I still have yet to find out about substances.

Sazali Samad said:
Whatever decision that will be made on this case and when will they announce it all depends on them. I don’t want to make any assumptions. However, it is for sure that this case will be settled soon
 
Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
2,716
Points
38
No news on the substances he was using but I did find out the decision on his appeal should be announced soon. The (MBF)Malaysian Bodybuilding Federation is supposed to make an announcement with in the next few days but I still have yet to find out about substances.

Sazali Samad said:
Whatever decision that will be made on this case and when will they announce it all depends on them. I don’t want to make any assumptions. However, it is for sure that this case will be settled soon
Thank u for the update brother
 
E

emuzeskylow

Member
Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2016
Messages
14
Points
1
Is it posible for someone not to know that the substance he/she is using is no more valid? Either expired or against the rule of the game, in this context, bodybuilding?
 
R

rz3300

Banned
Joined
Jul 6, 2016
Messages
677
Points
0
Well these substances must be awfully good at concealing themselves because every athlete who gets caught never knows that they were taking it. Of course I am being sarcastic, but it really does seem like they all say the same thing. Either way, though, I cannot say that I am too surprised. If there is an advantage out there to be had, some people will try to get it and that will continue to happen as long as man values winning and pride.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Top