• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Scientists Use Gene Therapy to Create Perfect Bodybuilder

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
http://www.mesomorphosis.com/blog/2...e-gene-therapy-to-create-perfect-bodybuilder/

Scientists are optimistic about gene therapies significantly increasing muscle mass in humans. Gene therapy will be widespread in the sport of bodybuilding much as anabolic pharmacology has seen unrestricted experimentation over the past three decades in bodybuilding.

A few medical researchers are working to make laissez faire gene therapy a reality in bodybuilding. Actually, their intent is to create medical therapies for conditions such as muscular dystrophy, age-related sarcopenia, HIV and AIDS-related wasting, and cancer cachexia. But bodybuilders will clearly exploit the muscle-building potential of these therapies in the real-world laboratory of competitive bodybuilding.

These are the scientists that bodybuilders and athletes should watch…

H. Lee Sweeney, Ph.D. (Professor and Chairman of Physiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine);
Se-Jin Lee, M.D., Ph.D. (Professor of Molecular Biology and Genetics, John Hopkins University School of Medicine);
Geoffrey Goldspink, Ph.D., Sc.D. (Division of Surgery, Royal Free and University College Medical School London).

Dr. Lee Sweeney and IGF-1 Gene Therapy

Dr. Sweeney’s research lab has been inundated by inquiries from bodybuilders and athletes around the world since he successfully introduced a gene therapy technique that led to the overexpression of insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) in laboratory animals. He stated that it can be used as an “instant muscle builder” that bodybuilders could use to achieve the degree of muscularity that meets their personal preference.

And certainly in the general population I think this could be used as an instant muscle builder, and the nice thing about a drug is you sort of take until you’ve got what you want, and then you stop taking it, and it doesn’t drive the process indefinitely.

Dr. Sweeney used a viral vector (recombinant adeno-associated virus) to deliver the IGF-1 gene to the muscles.

Dr. Geoffrey Goldspink and MGF Gene Therapy

Dr. Goldspink discovered mechano growth factor (MGF) and has developed gene therapy technique using a non-viral “plasmid” vector to deliver the MGF gene to the muscles. A single injection can increase muscle mass 25-30 percent in mice. He is confident that the technology could create “Arnold Schwarzenegger” humans!

We can put genes into mice and create ‘Arnold Schwarzenegger’ mice. If it can be done on mice, it can be done on humans.

Dr. Goldspink has filed patents on the technology and has partnered with a major pharmaceutical company to conduct MGF research in humans. Bodybuilders are already using MGF; gene therapy involving MGF will not be far behind.

Dr. Se-Jin Lee and Myostatin Gene Therapy

Dr. Lee has created a gene therapy technique that introduces a potent myostatin inhibitor into the muscle using a non-viral vector (RSET from Invitrogen). Two injections can increase muscle mass in mice up to 60%. This type of muscle growth occurs without training. Dr. Lee feels that this technology could easily be applied to humans (bodybuilders). He feels a small lab or individual could exploit this technology for athletes and bodybuilders for as little as $20,000 to $50,000.

You can get enormous growth. Any small lab out there, even an individual who knows what they’re doing, could do this. The technology is relatively straightforward.

Dr. Lee is employed by John Hopkins University. Myostatin was licensed by The Johns Hopkins University to MetaMorphix. Dr. Lee owns an undisclosed amount of stock in MetaMorphix. MetaMorphix sublicenses myostatin to Wyeth.

hmm sounds great!

pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm little bit scared... does this mean that in the future its not going to be like "No Pain, No Gain"?

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
in the far away future? yes
but dont worry, the gov and media will quickly start inventing bullshit about it and have it banned

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nah I wouldn't say so, even if everyone uses gene therapy to enhance their muscle we will have those whom will still even with gene-therapy will stack stack it with AAS, hardcore lifting to bring in unreal superhuman physiques, borderlining into the realm of previously fictional conditioning and mass.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well we wont have any more bbing physiques walking around but the avg level of mass will rise.

because those looking to be huge werent waiting for something like this to come around

those wonnabe sexy, beach bodybuilders and the "i dont wonna get to big i wonna look like brad pitt" are waiting for something like this and these will mostly benefit from this

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Come on mates, this will not happen in our lifetime. Forget it :D

No pain, no gain.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nah I wouldn't say so, even if everyone uses gene therapy to enhance their muscle we will have those whom will still even with gene-therapy will stack stack it with AAS, hardcore lifting to bring in unreal superhuman physiques, borderlining into the realm of previously fictional conditioning and mass.

:49: thats so true!

at what point do u really start effecting quality of life and life span in general because of bodyweight. It would still be cool, i would totally opt out for the mystatin inhibitor j bc of the picture of that dog i have in my head, that dog was a freak. :iorofl:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
OH BOY.. if they manage to pull that of..

Some crazy shit will walk around the earth...

imagine one pamela anderson for each of us..sweet... make that two pams..

sweet.......

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So, people with money will be capable of achieving that which took us years in days ? Cool shit dawg.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah i will be sort of mad, but itd only $50,000 to get it injected permently.