• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

SciVation: Xtend Review

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
SciVation:Xtend Review

i5ucm1-1.jpg
imqzrk-1.jpg

Hey everybody, i recently just brought 3 tubs of Xtend and i thought hey! why not do a supplement review of them, so here we go.

Highlights of what my review will list.
.Price
.Taste
.Quality
.Recovery
.Energy
.Overal of the product
.Rating of a scale 10

The first Flavour i will be doing is;
Refreshing Watermelon (since its the first tub i opened to use)

$$$Price$$$: i paid around $70 for 1kg tub which equals 90 servings, now i think thats pretty good value for money right there!
it will last me roughly 45 days so it works out pretty good as im only training 4 days aweek with 3 cardio sessions aweek as of Saturday 23rd August.
Rating: 9/10

Taste: Well...... hmmm where to start? the taste is unbelievable! its nice a sweet and actually tastes like REAL watermelon, i mixed 4 scoops with 16oz of water which is around 400ml. if you have ever thought about buying xtend, give watermelon ago! you will love it to the point where you will just use a spoon and eat the stuff :keke: . with a Rating of 10/10

Quality: with adding 4 scoops into 16oz of cold water it mixed perfectly, afew shakes up and down and it was ready to drink, no chunks or yuck after taste or left over powder at the powder, it was a perfect 10/10

Overal of the product: With great reviews from meny other members, i sure cant go wrong, My total overal review with come with my last serving of the tub.

I'll keep this Log up todate with a daily review of the supplement on based on How well it works with Post workout training and Cardio.
If your wondering about the picture above, yes i did take that picture :gaygay: .
Once ive finished the tub, i will give a Total full review with covering all bases.
And then Try Refreshing Apple:xyxthumbs:
I hope you's have enjoyed what ive wrote so far and look forward to my updates daily :tiphat:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Just wait for the others before you give it a 10/10 :49:
The one I tested tasted like someone took a crap in it

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
interesting, thanks for the review Dridz!

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Another great product right here. I will never diet without Xtend.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll do a full days review at each night,
Last night i took 4 scoops 40 minutes before bed,
took me roughly 30 - 40 minutes to fall asleep. but as i was laying in bed i was in a peaceful rest waiting to fall off to sleep.

might be to early to say anything great / fancy.
i was able to wake up at 7am this morning, wide awake and full of energy

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll do a full days review at each night,
Last night i took 4 scoops 40 minutes before bed,
took me roughly 30 - 40 minutes to fall asleep. but as i was laying in bed i was in a peaceful rest waiting to fall off to sleep.

might be to early to say anything great / fancy.
i was able to wake up at 7am this morning, wide awake and full of energy

Nice review bro but I have to dissagree it does not taste like watermelon Its all about grape but to each there own I guess... :methman:

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
True, to each there own is true vicky :keke:
First full day on it today
First serving waking up at 7am
second serving at 3pm
third serving post workout at 8pm.

so far so good, i also had my very first serving last night before bed, and woke up this morning really good, i was wide awake and had no troubles at all getting out of bed, felt awesome. will see how things travel.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
True, to each there own is true vicky :keke:
First full day on it today
First serving waking up at 7am
second serving at 3pm
third serving post workout at 8pm.

so far so good, i also had my very first serving last night before bed, and woke up this morning really good, i was wide awake and had no troubles at all getting out of bed, felt awesome. will see how things travel.:tiphat:

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Total servings yesterday
waking up
post cardio
before bed.

I notice an increase in total recovery by heaps, being able to wake up wide awake early in the mornings.
im actually falling asleep alot better now within the 30 minute range.
recovery in muscle soreness aswel,
:tiphat:

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Total servings Yesterday
Waking up
postworkout
before bed

i can only really notice the flavour when i mix 4 scoops of it with 16oz of water, other then that im really pleased with the results so far, great recovery from muscle soreness and overall. part from the burps i get sometimes taste like watermelon :49:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Total servings yesterday
Waking up before cardio started
before bed

i dont wanna keep saying what ive already said about this supplement, but it has helped me recover so much quicker :tiphat:

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i agree with you ironslave, im glad i finally tried it, im an idiot for not doing so before :keke:

overal a great supplement so far,
Servings yesterday
waking up
post cardio
during work
before bed

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Energy feels good and recovery is still going good.

6 scoops into 1.5 liters and sipped during cardio for 30 minutes

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
is this supplement similar to purple wraath?
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/purple.html
Because i haven't seen this product around my parts and i was thinking giving that purple wraath a shot

Xtend and Purple wraath are similar supplements when comparing together,

Xtend
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Vitamin B6(as Pyridoxine HCL) 10mg 500%

L-Leucine 3.5g †
L-Glutamine 2.5g †
L-Isoleucine 1.8g †
L-Valine 1.8g †
Citrulline Malate 1g †

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients
L-Leucine, L-Glutamine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, Citrulline Malate, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Pyridoxine HCL, Yellow #5, Blue #1

Purple Wraath
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Calories 0
Calories From Fat 0
Niacin(Niacinamide) 10mg 50%
Vitamin B6(as Pyridoxine HCL) 10mg 500%
Potassium(Citrate) 67mg 2%

PurplEAA Complex™ 7000mg †
L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Lysine, L-Arginine, L-Histidine, L-Threonine, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine

PurplEndurance Complex™ 2700mg †
Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate, Betaine Anhydrous, Ginger (From Root), L-Norvaline

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients
Citric Acid, Natural And Artificial Grape Flavor, Silicon Dioxide, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Bilberry Extract

As both contain BCAA and while purple wraath also contains BCAA and EAA along with beta-alanine and afew other ingrendients, i havent tried purple wraath before but i have tried their other supplement range from controlled labs, and IMHO i didnt like them at all , as neither of their N.O Pre workout supplements worked for me.
but i guess its trail and error and every bodys different as some will work for them and not others.
If you have already tried XTEND, give purple wraath ago just to see what its like to compared to XTEND :xyxthumbs:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Purple wrath is a great supplement but I would add some glutamine to it, that is its only downfall. Other than that (and the terrible taste) I would actually take it over xtend.
Driz-why dont you have some xtend before/during cardio?

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ive been mixing it around to see what works best when taking xtend,

not bad idea of taking it
before and during
ive tried
before and after
During and after
During with 6 scoops

and working out the best amount of scoops to take.
if i was to take it before and during
2 scoops before
and 4 scoops during, while drinking half during and finishing off the rest post cardio,
while throughout the whole time im still getting xtend in me,

what do you think?

im not sure which option would give and be better for overall

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would take 2 scoops 20-30 mins before cardio and then sip on another 2-4 during and after. I think it is very important to get this in pre-cardio because it will allow you to use these aminos as a "muscle sparing" tool if needed.
After looking at it physiologically, I think it is perfect to wake up, take a couple scoops of xtend and then be on your way to do some cardio 20 mins later and then come home and indulge in breakfast. Oh and I should mention that I am referring to low intensity cardio at this time.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks for the tips mate, as you mentioned at the end of your post " Low intensity cardio"
im currently doing High intensity at 75% of my max.
ill give that ago with;
2 scoops 20 minutes prior to start
4 scoops sipping during and finishing it off Post.