• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Should a Mosque be Built Near Ground Zero?

Should a Muslim Cultural Center be allowed to be built near Ground Zero?

• Total voters
pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pakiman, i just heard in a documentary long long time ago that in muslim world, there was a word which we could translate to "hospitality" which allowed the pilgrims/lost people to ask for cover/food/water in muslim lands, is that true??

Is this a trick question? I did not really get it!
You do realize there are a little over a billion of us all over the world and Islam basically transcends geographical boundries (which is one of the things that strikes Western world badly)... Religious Brotherhood over Patriotism! We speak all the languages the rest of the world does and hence there is no one word that you could utter and get refuge... ummm like I said I did not really get the question! But generally seaking.... any guest at your home has more importance and respect than any member of your family... if you remember thats what got the bloody Afghan invasion started... Afghans refused to hand over Osama __ their guest! They did say they would trial him themselves but the trigger happy Cowboys had other ideas!
I might have just cracked open a new Pandora's box here :icon_neutral: :icon_neutral:

Last edited:
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
imo build the mosque and if there isnt already put a lingerie shop one side and a brothel the other. townplanning 101

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
^ Winner. You can plan my town Pickle.

fdelval

fdelval

Is this a trick question? I did not really get it!
You do realize there are a little over a billion of us all over the world and Islam basically transcends geographical boundries (which is one of the things that strikes Western world badly)... Religious Brotherhood over Patriotism! We speak all the languages the rest of the world does and hence there is no one word that you could utter and get refuge... ummm like I said I did not really get the question! But generally seaking.... any guest at your home has more importance and respect than any member of your family... if you remember thats what got the bloody Afghan invasion started... Afghans refused to hand over Osama __ their guest! They did say they would trial him themselves but the trigger happy Cowboys had other ideas!
I might have just cracked open a new Pandora's box here :icon_neutral: :icon_neutral:

not even remotely a tricky question, just curiosity because time ago as i said, i saw that and impacted me.
It was possible filmed in iraq / iran, but i dont know exactly. It was long long time before president bush senior started the gulf war.

atomic strenght

atomic strenght

Pakiman, i just heard in a documentary long long time ago that in Muslim world, there was a word which we could translate to "hospitality" which allowed the pilgrims/lost people to ask for cover/food/water in muslim lands, is that true??

hospitality was the main value in Arabic society before Islam came.there is a story of a man named hatim which was known for his incomparable hospitality,this man had an arabic stallion (for the arabs the stallion was the most valuable thing as he symbolized honor) some guests came to his tent and he had nothing to gave them so he served them his most cherish stallion .

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think that a better questions are, " What is being done behind the scenes that is not being publicized b/c it does not fit into the business model of the news company? "What is this news story is drawing attention away from?"

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think that a better questions are, " What is being done behind the scenes that is not being publicized b/c it does not fit into the business model of the news company? "What is this news story is drawing attention away from?"

Ooooo conspiracy theory!!!

I would have said that what makes this news-worthy is the controversy factor. Weeping widows, religion, violence; all they need is some sex and they have the best bit of newstainment for the year.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ooooo conspiracy theory!!!

I would have said that what makes this news-worthy is the controversy factor. Weeping widows, religion, violence; all they need is some sex and they have the best bit of newstainment for the year.

Conspiracy theory? No, not at all. It is recorded historic fact that the United States media has an agenda, and that propaganda is a tool used to control the masses. The US government has a department of Propaganda as do other governments. Would you disagree with that?

What is being done that is not being covered would be more of an interest than the simple argument over religious idols/sanctuaries. For instance around the time of the Bill Clinton sex scandal, which was covered on every channel and every news station all the time, the Clinton administration sold billions of dollars in of weapons to foreign countries that were later used on the united states, and did end up killing US militia. That seems more relevant to the survival of the United States than the president being punished for getting a blow job. Those types of sexual moral arguments coincide with elementary subjective opinions and are nothing more than a waste of time. Which is exactly the purpose of such arguments, to attract attention away from the more important issues and waste time.

Last edited:
MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its true... the word is "parlay"

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Conspiracy theory? No, not at all. It is recorded historic fact that the United States media has an agenda, and that propaganda is a tool used to control the masses. The US government has a department of Propaganda as do other governments. Would you disagree with that?
You forget that I work for a govt agency. I can tell you right now that it is nothing that subversive. There is no propaganda machine or department. Basically you get media people who spin press releases. Modern politics means pushing agendas by capturing the news cycle with releases. They don't have to bury anything, the media are chasing ratings so they run with the easy story that requires the least journalism. The old adage is that sex sells, guess what the media do.

What is being done that is not being covered would be more of an interest than the simple argument over religious idols/sanctuaries. For instance around the time of the Bill Clinton sex scandal, which was covered on every channel and every news station all the time, the Clinton administration sold billions of dollars in of weapons to foreign countries that were later used on the united states, and did end up killing US militia. That seems more relevant to the survival of the United States than the president being punished for getting a blow job. Those types of sexual moral arguments coincide with elementary subjective opinions and are nothing more than a waste of time. Which is exactly the purpose of such arguments, to attract attention away from the more important issues and waste time.

I'm not disagreeing that the media waste time on dirivitive and banal news. I will say though that it is ratings driven, not malicious or devious. They are businesses that are aiming to sell ad space. They don't care about news or quality programming, they care about selling ad space as expensively as possible. As my dad has always said, TV programs are just stuff to keep the ads apart. So this isn't a cover-up for anything, it is more likely that the media are creating the beat up in order to have a big story that they can bring you first!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You forget that I work for a govt agency. I can tell you right now that it is nothing that subversive. There is no propaganda machine or department. Basically you get media people who spin press releases. Modern politics means pushing agendas by capturing the news cycle with releases. They don't have to bury anything, the media are chasing ratings so they run with the easy story that requires the least journalism. The old adage is that sex sells, guess what the media do.

Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position. US gov propaganda-> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AntiJapanesePropagandaTakeDayOff.gif Insert about 1000 quotes about 9-11 here. INsert 1000 more quotes about the muslim nation here. The problem is that the news channels are directing the propaganda to misinform the public about political issues that have real effects in a democratic system. Government advertising does the same thing. I do not care about good or evil or a cover up or any other reason based on superstition, or lack of evidence. The concern here is the meaning of a democracy society, power, deliberate misinformation and deliberate added interpretation of information by the news media who sits a top a false pedestal and continues to spread their widely believed purpose, which is not how they actually exist.

I'm not disagreeing that the media waste time on dirivitive and banal news. I will say though that it is ratings driven, not malicious or devious. They are businesses that are aiming to sell ad space. They don't care about news or quality programming, they care about selling ad space as expensively as possible. As my dad has always said, TV programs are just stuff to keep the ads apart. So this isn't a cover-up for anything, it is more likely that the media are creating the beat up in order to have a big story that they can bring you first!

I do agree that the news is ratings driven and that the news is business. Television shows exist almost entirely to make fun of that fact, namely The Daily show, and The Colbert Report. Since this is the case then all news shows should be labeled as talk shows, or some other form of entertainment, and not actually considered informative news by the public, correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
thomas pendrake

thomas pendrake

If they follow the teachings of Muhammed they will be Christians, as he was. Unfortunately they seem to follow the teachings of the heretic Saladin. Many Muslims were working in the WTC. Mohammed strictly forbade waging war against members of any religion of the Bible.