• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Should Victor sit the Olympia out?

Should he?


  • Total voters
    59
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
If Victor was able to recover in time and get enough training in to compete, should he go ahead and do the Olympia? I know its hard to say with so little information on his condition, but the injury he went through would have huge effects on his contest prep.

Threads of interest:
Victor Surgery pics *GRAPHIC*
Vic's Officially out of the Arnold
Victor out of the Arnold? (check inside)
Victor MARTINEZ will be BACK!
Victor Martinez Post Surgery Interview
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
8,184
Points
63
I think he should...the chance he is 100% is very slim imo
He said he is starting to train in may again
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
If he can't come in with the same or better mass/condition as he did last year there is little point unfortunately - the judges aren't going to change their minds on what they are looking for. I would say he definately needs to come in better (which arguably he still does) but if Jay comes in a litle off - considering Vic should have won it last year he could be still good for it this year.
 
KCharger9

KCharger9

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2007
Messages
112
Points
16
Dude he won'tt be able to do it. You can't recover that quick and build the muscle back.
 
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
2,565
Points
38
yes he should do the olympia he already looks as if his leg is huge again. Do u think he stopped training :49: yr crazy if u believe that. Vic should do the olympia he is definately capable.

God bless
Ben
 
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
He can recover in time and bring it 100%, then yes. If not it is best to lay low and heal completely so he can compete for years to come. He is still young and has years ahead of him.
 
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
2,066
Points
38
i think he should'nt do the O this year. he should aim for the the arnold 2009 IMO.
 
nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,603
Points
38
I really hope that he'll recover in a short period of time and hit the olympia stage ripped to the bone. Hopefully that injury didn't cause any serious damage.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
2,479
Points
38
depends on few factors like will he be 100%, can he recover that quick, but if he does i think he should do it, i mean he´s never been in better shape,size so i would say if he recovers quick then hell yeah if not i think he should just give his body some time off
 
The big king

The big king

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
557
Points
18
If Victor is able to come in 100%,I say yes.
 
S

scR

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
50
Points
6
In my opinion he should actually DO the olympia, because this year would be the last when he is able to beat the gift Phil Heath... Ok just a dirty joke, don't hurt me.
 
F

Flash

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
75
Points
6
Let Jay get it this year and smoke him next year. Jays suppost to be in his craziest shape this year anyways
 
KCharger9

KCharger9

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2007
Messages
112
Points
16
big ben there is no way he is training his legs lke he should be absolutely no way.
 
A

arab1

Member
Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Messages
16
Points
1
He should do the smart thing sit out the olympia have a god long off season to build his leg back up in both the size and strength deparment then return for the '09 Arnold that way he has more time to regroup get the size back then diet down . I feel that if does the olympia thier could be a chance that he can can hurt himself again due to the stress of leg training and also if you put cardio into the equation it may be too much stress for his knee to handle so for the sake of having longevity in this sport he should sit this one out and return next year bigger and better.
 
Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
1,262
Points
38
guys he in recovering from an important surgery in the legs, sure he looks big in the upperbody, he is surely training it, but there is no way he can train legs

and legs were #1 problem last year in the eyes of lot of people
 
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
6,427
Points
63
The best for him is to take the Olympia off.
 
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
2,658
Points
36
Seems like a long shot for him to recover in time and get the proper training in to be 100%...I wish him the best but if the best thing for him to do is sit this year out i think he should play it smart. I guess we will find out :D
 
Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
1,389
Points
38
Fuck no he shoudln't sit it out..he has no insurance, so why would he not wanna at least make the top 8 at the O and get some deniro to compensate?
 
Top