• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Should Victor sit the Olympia out?

Should he?

• Total voters
P

Pain

VIP
If Victor was able to recover in time and get enough training in to compete, should he go ahead and do the Olympia? I know its hard to say with so little information on his condition, but the injury he went through would have huge effects on his contest prep.

Threads of interest:
Victor Surgery pics *GRAPHIC*
Vic's Officially out of the Arnold
Victor out of the Arnold? (check inside)
Victor MARTINEZ will be BACK!
Victor Martinez Post Surgery Interview

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I think he should...the chance he is 100% is very slim imo
He said he is starting to train in may again

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If he can't come in with the same or better mass/condition as he did last year there is little point unfortunately - the judges aren't going to change their minds on what they are looking for. I would say he definately needs to come in better (which arguably he still does) but if Jay comes in a litle off - considering Vic should have won it last year he could be still good for it this year.

KCharger9

KCharger9

Dude he won'tt be able to do it. You can't recover that quick and build the muscle back.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yes he should do the olympia he already looks as if his leg is huge again. Do u think he stopped training :49: yr crazy if u believe that. Vic should do the olympia he is definately capable.

God bless
Ben

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He can recover in time and bring it 100%, then yes. If not it is best to lay low and heal completely so he can compete for years to come. He is still young and has years ahead of him.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i think he should'nt do the O this year. he should aim for the the arnold 2009 IMO.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I really hope that he'll recover in a short period of time and hit the olympia stage ripped to the bone. Hopefully that injury didn't cause any serious damage.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
depends on few factors like will he be 100%, can he recover that quick, but if he does i think he should do it, i mean he´s never been in better shape,size so i would say if he recovers quick then hell yeah if not i think he should just give his body some time off

The big king

The big king

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If Victor is able to come in 100%,I say yes.

S

scR

In my opinion he should actually DO the olympia, because this year would be the last when he is able to beat the gift Phil Heath... Ok just a dirty joke, don't hurt me.

F

Flash

Let Jay get it this year and smoke him next year. Jays suppost to be in his craziest shape this year anyways

KCharger9

KCharger9

big ben there is no way he is training his legs lke he should be absolutely no way.

A

arab1

He should do the smart thing sit out the olympia have a god long off season to build his leg back up in both the size and strength deparment then return for the '09 Arnold that way he has more time to regroup get the size back then diet down . I feel that if does the olympia thier could be a chance that he can can hurt himself again due to the stress of leg training and also if you put cardio into the equation it may be too much stress for his knee to handle so for the sake of having longevity in this sport he should sit this one out and return next year bigger and better.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
guys he in recovering from an important surgery in the legs, sure he looks big in the upperbody, he is surely training it, but there is no way he can train legs

and legs were #1 problem last year in the eyes of lot of people

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The best for him is to take the Olympia off.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seems like a long shot for him to recover in time and get the proper training in to be 100%...I wish him the best but if the best thing for him to do is sit this year out i think he should play it smart. I guess we will find out :D

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fuck no he shoudln't sit it out..he has no insurance, so why would he not wanna at least make the top 8 at the O and get some deniro to compensate?