• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Slipknot unmasked = ugly

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had a ticket for their gig in CPH but didn't go... I've only seen them perform on media and only very recently. After that I changed my mind about them and (kliche I know) feel like I see right through them somehow :xmascrunk:

The masks combined with the jumping up and down combined with the chaotic and uninspired riffs combined with the eagerness to seem hardcore just seems kinda ludicrous to me suddenly.

As far as the percussion goes, I used to like that industrial sound. But they are just not tight enough and too messy. Organizing three percussionists in one band must be chaotic.

As for a genre - technically they play metal I guess, but the metal sort of spirit is not really there imo. As Duality points out, they seem to put out their personal misery through their lyrics, sound and image (the masks are imo tokens of a mutual need to hide from reality, which may be the result of a lot of personal defeats or failures). Thus, they are more of a screamo or NU-metal band than a pure metal band in my book.

i agree with you on most of the stuff you just said. i play the drums so i love all the percussion that they use.

you combined alot of the things you didnt like about them :xmaskekegay: lulz

yea i see what you mean about the masks that is what i thought of too. but IMO i like the masks and think they are pretty cool.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ive been listening to them lately made a cd for my car.
some good songs on each album besides wait and bleed, psychosocial,duality.
im still thinking bout' this.

yea i just dowloaded a some songs and have been listening to them alot. i fixin to make me a new cd of them for my truck.

what other songs did you put on it?

Boardwalk

Boardwalk

If I remember correctly, the Slipknot guys are from Idaho.

Idaho.

The masks and their entire sound was likely created out of boredom.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If I remember correctly, the Slipknot guys are from Idaho.

Idaho.

The masks and their entire sound was likely created out of boredom.

wow thats crazy. you would never thought that that group of guys was from Idaho or Iowa(thanks tech).

i would imagine that they just got bored one day.

Boardwalk

Boardwalk

Oh right on. I should have researched, yeah Des Moines.

Either way, I've met people from Iowa and it's supposedly a real boring place.

You know these dudes were straight up bored and got creative.

I remember the clown guy pissing on one of the other members during the concert. That was somewhat disturbing.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had a ticket for their gig in CPH but didn't go... I've only seen them perform on media and only very recently. After that I changed my mind about them and (kliche I know) feel like I see right through them somehow :xmascrunk:

The masks combined with the jumping up and down combined with the chaotic and uninspired riffs combined with the eagerness to seem hardcore just seems very evident (and kinda ludicrous) to me suddenly.

As far as the percussion goes, I used to like that industrial sound. But they are just not tight enough and too messy. Organizing three percussionists in one band must be chaotic.

As for a genre - technically they play metal I guess, but the metal sort of spirit is not really there imo. As Duality points out, they seem to put out their personal misery through their lyrics, sound and image (the masks are imo tokens of a mutual need to hide from reality, which may be the result of a lot of personal defeats or failures). Thus, they are more of a screamo or NU-metal band than a pure metal band in my book.

you're lambasting them for the very same thing you did to hypo and skeptic in the other thread. half the reasons you listed here don't even have anything to do with music. why are they being posers or "trying to be hard" if they're going nuts onstage? it's performances like that that made them revolver or blender's top 5 bands to see live. it's the whole vibe and feel at their concerts invoked by this madnes that make them fun to watch.

maybe your right about the masks, but i think you're looking into it too deeply. i believe they were a kind of last minute decision by crahan because they made them feel like they could draw attention away from who they actually were and put more emphasis on the performance

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP

The masks combined with the jumping up and down combined with the chaotic and uninspired riffs combined with the eagerness to seem hardcore just seems very evident (and kinda ludicrous) to me suddenly.

:2:

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ive never heard them live are they are not very good live?

i do think it is kinda crazy to have that many band members but if they sound good why not have so many.

i saw them live and was good, was not their best show but it was quite entertaining

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i saw them live and was good, was not their best show but it was quite entertaining

i would love to see them live, but i looked on the website and they arent coming very close to where i live anytime soon which sucks.

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Slipknot has no talent thats for sure.