• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Soft Muscle

MrThinker

MrThinker

I've been weight lifting for about year and a half and I notice that my muscles are soft to the touch (Not firm/Dense). It's not hard and dense like many of the mature weight lifters. Is this because my muscle still hasn't mature as yet? Low protein intake? Are I'm I not stacking my supplement right?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
has nothing to do with your supplimentation mate. Dont worry about it, could just be your muscles arent as mature as the 'experienced lifters'. everyones different man, just keep lifting and eating right and they'll firm up.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Same here my muscles are soft also not really hard. Even when I dieted down for my comp I wasnt really hard or veiny. Then again I was only 17. How old are you?

MrThinker

MrThinker

Same here my muscles are soft also not really hard. Even when I dieted down for my comp I wasnt really hard or veiny. Then again I was only 17. How old are you?

23, I dieted down from 237 to 200 from Jan to April and I notice my muscle still wasn't firm and hard. The only time my muscles feel and look full and dense is during my workout session.

MrThinker

MrThinker

has nothing to do with your supplimentation mate. Dont worry about it, could just be your muscles arent as mature as the 'experienced lifters'. everyones different man, just keep lifting and eating right and they'll firm up.

Thanks for the comment Skeptic

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
23, I dieted down from 237 to 200 from Jan to April and I notice my muscle still wasn't firm and hard. The only time my muscles feel and look full and dense is during my workout session.

I think once you start putting on mature muscle you wont have anything to worry about :xyxthumbs:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is the difference between sarcoplasmic and myofibrillar hypertrophy. Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy is from the increase in volume of the sarcoplasmic fluid in the muscle cell with no accompanying increase in muscular strength. Myofibrillar hypertrophy is when the myofibrils, comprised of the actin and myosin contractile proteins, increase in number and add to muscular strength as well as a small increase in the size of the muscle.

In laymens: one is an increase in cell volume the other is an increase in cell density.

There are also two types of myofibrillar hypertrophy:
1) Through an increase in the number of nuclei within each muscle fiber
2) Through an increase in the amount of contractile material supported by each nucleus. This is the usual means of hypertrophy.

Heavy lifting and "lower rep" training tends to focus on the myofibrillar hypertrophy, most of the BBing style "higher rep" training focus' on the sarcoplasmic.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Its good i actually understood what you just said :keke:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is the difference between sarcoplasmic and myofibrillar hypertrophy. Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy is from the increase in volume of the sarcoplasmic fluid in the muscle cell with no accompanying increase in muscular strength. Myofibrillar hypertrophy is when the myofibrils, comprised of the actin and myosin contractile proteins, increase in number and add to muscular strength as well as a small increase in the size of the muscle.

In laymens: one is an increase in cell volume the other is an increase in cell density.

There are also two types of myofibrillar hypertrophy:
1) Through an increase in the number of nuclei within each muscle fiber
2) Through an increase in the amount of contractile material supported by each nucleus. This is the usual means of hypertrophy.

Heavy lifting and "lower rep" training tends to focus on the myofibrillar hypertrophy, most of the BBing style "higher rep" training focus' on the sarcoplasmic.
good post tim:xyxthumbs: