• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Stepmill = death

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
doesnt that prove my point tho?
No it means that you should read Braaq's post and the many other physiology posts and articles here.

I was insulting, I appologise. But once you've read some more you'll understand how silly your post sounded.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No it means that you should read Braaq's post and the many other physiology posts and articles here.

I was insulting, I appologise. But once you've read some more you'll understand how silly your post sounded.

it sounds silly cause i dont make it sound complex, i put it in a simple way and it gets taken a different way than how i meant it originally.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh shoot me now. :no:

tim that statement is not true. there's a 160lb kid at out gym who lifts almost as much as i do at 244lb and you can find many instances where smaller guys are able to outlift their more muscular counterparts. they do have some correlation, but size does not equal strength. you really are making absolute statements that aren't absolutes. work on this please.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim that statement is not true. there's a 160lb kid at out gym who lifts almost as much as i do at 244lb and you can find many instances where smaller guys are able to outlift their more muscular counterparts. they do have some correlation, but size does not equal strength. you really are making absolute statements that aren't absolutes. work on this please.

santaroll

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

reason im saying this isnt because i read it somewhere, i actually expieranced it.

when i was gaining weight, i figured if i trained super heavy id get bigger faster. i was training for powerlifing and didnt gain shit the onlything i gained was alot of strength.

now im training a little different more for bodybuilding and now my body is looking like a bodybuilder. i dont lift that heavy anymore i noticed there no need to lift heavy weight to gain muscle.

i dont have any articles or fancy words to back this up, but im telling you from past expierance.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
reason im saying this isnt because i read it somewhere, i actually expieranced it.

when i was gaining weight, i figured if i trained super heavy id get bigger faster. i was training for powerlifing and didnt gain shit the onlything i gained was alot of strength.

now im training a little different more for bodybuilding and now my body is looking like a bodybuilder. i dont lift that heavy anymore i noticed there no need to lift heavy weight to gain muscle.

i dont have any articles or fancy words to back this up, but im telling you from past expierance.

Science > "expierance" (experience :keke:) sorry, sad but true. You and Duality both fail in this sad but true fact.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Science > "expierance" (experience :keke:) sorry, sad but true. You and Duality both fail in this sad but true fact.

like duality and others have said before on the gear subject, you can read all you want but the best way to learn is expierance.(dont quote me on this it was said a bit differently)

science is bullshit.

ive put my body to the test.

just cause your big and also strong doesnt mean anything.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ahh blake is trying to get involved again to start shit. cute. ya that's a "respected" member right there.

tim i'm sure you get what i'm saying. size does correlate with strength, but he biggest guys are not neccesariy the strongest. i know several guys who are around the 170lb mark and are about as strong as anyone i know. that in and of itself speaks volumes.

weapon just ignore him. blake hasn't taken his troll medication today.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
like duality and others have said before on the gear subject, you can read all you want but the best way to learn is expierance.(dont quote me on this it was said a bit differently)

science is bullshit.

ive put my body to the test.

just cause your big and also strong doesnt mean anything.

in the words of tim "shoot me now :no:"

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ahh blake is trying to get involved again to start shit. cute. ya that's a "respected" member right there.

tim i'm sure you get what i'm saying. size does correlate with strength, but he biggest guys are not neccesariy the strongest. i know several guys who are around the 170lb mark and are about as strong as anyone i know. that in and of itself speaks volumes.

weapon just ignore him. blake hasn't taken his troll medication today.

your basing what you say off of general info or examples instead of knowing the differences in them physiologically not just by their muscle but also neurologically... again, you = fail

My little sister can throw out these same examples as a basis for an argument... what are your trying to prove again?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
in the words of tim "shoot me now :no:"

heavy weight doesnt build muscle!!!! thats it!
reps and lighter weight tear muscle fibers, so you can rebuild i, hence build muscle.

damn you colleges boys.

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Back to subject at hand I love the stepmill makes me have teh nice glutes.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
heavy weight doesnt build muscle!!!! thats it!
reps and lighter weight tear muscle fibers, so you can rebuild i, hence build muscle.

damn you colleges boys.

Frank, I like you but please stop :xmasbigok:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
your basing what you say off of general info or examples instead of knowing the differences in them physiologically not just by their muscle but also neurologically... again, you = fail

My little sister can throw out these same examples as a basis for an argument... what are your trying to prove again?

what makes your little statments here more ridiculous is you know a guy at our gym named josiah. who fucking trounces your little statment that bigger muscles mean more strength. why don't you give me a scientific explanation how this 170lb natural guy is not that far off of the strength levels of you and i? oh that's right, you can't.

*blake punches computer*

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
An individual who has a great deal of muscle mass will be able to lift more weight than he would be able to with less muscle mass. There is a nice combination of science and simple. Look guys, dont complicate this. I think it was said in generalities that bigger guys lift heavier weights. Sure, you will have the little tazmanian devil in the gym that can lift freakish amounts of weight because of his biomechanical makeup both genetic and taught. BUT, in general a person with more muscle mass lifts more than he or she would with less muscle mass and in general (to a point) the more weight you lift and the stronger you get, the bigger you get.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
An individual who has a great deal of muscle mass will be able to lift more weight than he would be able to with less muscle mass. There is a nice combination of science and simple. Look guys, dont complicate this. I think it was said in generalities that bigger guys lift heavier weights. Sure, you will have the little tazmanian devil in the gym that can lift freakish amounts of weight because of his biomechanical makeup both genetic and taught. BUT, in general a person with more muscle mass lifts more than he or she would with less muscle mass.

i agree, but when you compare someone like jay cutler to a powerlifter in a lighter weight class, this theory does not stand. but of course in general a more muscular person will be stronger, i'm just saying that it's not an absolute statment as there are exceptions like you just stated.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i agree, but when you compare someone like jay cutler to a powerlifter in a lighter weight class, this theory does not stand. but of course in general a more muscular person will be stronger, i'm just saying that it's not an absolute statment as there are exceptions like you just stated.

Agreed, and like you said, I was more speaking of the general population. After a certain point, one makes the decision to pursue the skill of lifting heavy weights or the art of building up a physique.