• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Storm's lagging log

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
I kind of injured myself las tuesday doing military presses, not listening to my body, and doing weighted pullups after that. I've had everything surrounding my right shoulderblad stiff and in pain for almost a week. I took last week off, yesterday I deadlifted 182Kgx3 and it felt ok, today I'm pressing again, I'll start light and play safe.

Cheers
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
Things have gone well. MPs 64Kg x 6 (strict, slow controlled reps), bench, pullups... everything in check.
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
Squats up to 176Kgx4 PR!!!
Front sq. up to 94Kgx10 PR!!! (current bodyweight fronties!)
leg curls
calves

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
 
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
2,066
Points
38
great squats bro. and still getting PR's like a boss! keep it up man :)
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
Thanks man, squats are going fine, it's deadlifts what seem kinda stagnant...

Bench up to 118Kgx6 PR!!!!!!!!!
MPs 44Kg x 10 x 2 sets
DB Krocs 37.5Kgx20 x 2 sets
triceps underhand 30Kgx10, 40Kgx10

weekly total: 618Kg (3.5Kg PR)
BW (this morning): 94.5Kg
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
deload deads... feelsgoodman.jpg
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
Still deloading, and i even did CARDIO yesterday. Hell yeah, ****ing cardio.
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
Phase 10, week 1, day 1

Deadlift 152Kgx5 , 162Kgx5, 172Kgx7 PR!!!!
GMs 70Kgx10 x 2 sets

and then i thought..."I've done a PR on deads...wtf am i doing still here?" and went home.
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
Phase 10, week 1, day 2

MPs up to 58Kgx12 PR!!!
Bench 80Kgx10, 90Kgx10
Pullups BW x 10 x 3 sets
Dips BW x 10 x 3 sets
DB Curls 22.5Kg x 5 x 3 sets
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
Phase 10 week 1 day 3

Squats up to 166Kgx7 PR!!!!!
Front SQ 80Kgx10, 90Kgx10
Lying leg curls 9/10 x 10 , 10/10 x 10
Calves two sets

I can't believe i've done 3 PRs so far this week under this hot-hot-hot and moist weather we're having :turborun:
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
Phase 10 week 1 day 4

Bench up to 110Kgx8 close to PR, but no cigar.
accesory **** lots

weekly total: 637Kg, huuuuge PR
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
well, it seems that keeping a log in here doesn't make much sense....

Phase 10, week 2, day 1

DEADS

162Kg x 3
172Kg x 3
182Kg x 4 Effortless grip thanks to chalk. God, it's ****ing magic*
100Kg x 10
100Kg x 10
100Kg x 10

Leg raises: 3 sets of 15 reps

And then I did some extra grip work at home with my HeavyGripppers

*yep, it's the first time I'm allowed to use chalk in a gym.
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
I pulled 210Kg yesterday...and failed just shy of lockout.

5905357743_a0ed0ac0d2-1.jpg
 
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
^^^^

that shot is epic for two reasons:

1. heavy ass weight!
2. hairy big bird legs.

congrats storm!
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
thanks Natzo ;)

I pulled 182Kgx5 yesterday (that's 400lbs for you yanks).

also, i've started doing "Tabata squats" and I don't know if this will be any good for fat loss or conditioning/GPP but it sure is "fun", in a sadistic way.
 
Last edited:
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
oh hi, i finally pulled those 210Kg a couple of weeks ago. It took me so long due to a bike accident that had me off the heavy leg training for months. Enjoy the unshaved sexiness:



Before you ask: biggest plates are 15Kg each, that bar weights 10Kg and yes, the plates are smaller than standard competition weights so what i do as a regular deadlift is more of a deficit pull. That's how i roll, bitches.

That same week i hit 130Kg bench, 160Kg atg squat and 80Kg OH press.
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
while very strong it doesn't look like an ideal start position for your lower back. :skurred: that looks like lower back rounding to me
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
while very strong it doesn't look like an ideal start position for your lower back. :skurred: that looks like lower back rounding to me

i know, that was why i filmed it. The good news are that i look good pulling up to 190Kg but yeah, i should take care of my form at higher weights.
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
Quick update: i suffered a wrist strain, and i've used the 10 days off to evaluate and rethink my training and there will be some changes...

-Due to his new work schedule i won't be able to train with my training partner for at least 4 months, so i'll be on my own
-i've decided to keep doing 5/3/1 because it has proven itself to work strength-wise. I have recalculated my training maxes in a conservative way, no need to rush it.
-I've switched to "Boring But Big" template for assistance work (basically it's 55% of your training max for 5 sets of 10 reps). I felt that i needed some higher volume and i wouldn't mind some hypertrophy specially in my upper body.
-I'll commit to do some conditioning/cardio at least once a week
-I'll aim for 40-45 minutes gym sessions. As a proud soon-to-be dad i'll have some serious time constraints in the near future so i better adapt to them soon.

mid-term (6-8 months) goals:
180 Kg IPF-legal raw squat
140 Kg touch-and-go bench
220 Kg deadlift
stay healthy, and be the strongest dad in my daughter's kidergarden
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
...and it seems it's right what i needed because it's showing to be pretty hard to finish and I'm sore in places i had forgotten.
 

Similar threads

Tiger Fitness
Replies
0
Views
100
Tiger Fitness
Tiger Fitness
Tiger Fitness
Replies
0
Views
212
Tiger Fitness
Tiger Fitness
Storm
Replies
30
Views
20K
Storm
Storm
Natzo
Replies
5
Views
4K
Storm
Storm
Top