• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

stretching

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
O and if you don't mind to explain what is "Active dynamic stretching with foam rolling "?

Dynamic stretches are basically exercises done with just your body weight. For example, single leg RDL's, side lunges, regular lunges, etc, would all be good examples. But, you want to try to extend beyond the typical range of motion. For example, with the single leg RDL's you would probably go to some point around your knee with the weight. So, when doing them for a dynamic warm up try to touch the ground (or go as deep as you can with your lumbar region flat).

Upper body ones are a little different, though. Wall sides, CKC's, dynamic blackburns, etc, are all examples for upper body dynamic warm ups. I'll try to explain those if anyone wants me to.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wait, so what type of stretches should I do at what times. Thanks!

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Active dynamic and foam rolling before a workout and static after.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
^^ I don't think they are. Are you trying to tell me that a skinny guy is somehow skinny due only to genes and not due to the lack of food he eats? Or that the fat guy is fat because of genes and not due to the fact that he overeats?

Seriously it is such a narrow view of the world that it doesn't bear mention.

My best mate is a real skinny motherfucker but he puts away enough food to give you a heart-attack and works as a labourer. He's so skinny that a lot of people think he's a heroin junkie. Just giving you an example to the contrary... :p

What have I got on the stretching topic? Nothing, sorry. :carduindisguise

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Stretching has been shown to decrease power output. So any form of static stretching before the lift will not be very beneficial. Personally, doing particular stretches that mimic the oncoming movement really benefits me more than foam rolling, etc.

I don't believe stretching prevents injury. That said, I feel stretching in general before certain sporting events are used to bring the team together to focus. Same applies in the weight room.

Stretching at certain times can definitely be positive. But employing it in your routine I don't think is needed whether your goal is hypertrophy or strength improvement.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I use dynamic and PNF stretches as warmups and activation work. They don't necessarily improve mobility and flexibility unless you push them a bit, but that should be post workout.