• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Sugar cravings

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Food selection is the best way to handing this situation.

That's what the diabetologist said to my niece who is diabetic. It's just sad that she was given a long list of food items with the amount that she can eat like 2 pieces of strawberry. It is a matter of choice if you want to live longer - avoid sugary foods. But how can you avoid if you don't know which food has lots of sugar?

Exactly! This is actually why it's said that knowledge is power because when you have the right information about what you are supposed to eat and what you are supposed to avoid, then you can be rest assured that your feeding habits and health is guaranteed.

D

DeathDefier

How can you not know which foods have sugar...

J

jpk0007

Sugar and salt are two ingredients which are very necessary to make your food tasty and appealing but excess sugar and salt can be very harmful to our health. Sugar especially is the reason for life-threatening diseases like Diabetes and obesity. If a healthy person indulges in having sweets and experiences sugar craving then he or she must first realize that this craving can result in very harmful effects on the body. It always better to inculcate the habit of self-control and avoid excessive intake of sugar. Avoiding Colas, cakes, and confectionaries can and should be avoided to reduce sugar intake.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How can you not know which foods have sugar...

Well, the truth of the matter is that most people don't really think it through very well when it comes to what they eat. They simply just eat everything and anything that comes their way and it's part of the reason why so many people are suffering from obesity.

G

GuestHu

Banned
There are various methods people used in relieving their stress. Some play with their pets, some play computer games, some play sports while some eat their 'comfort food' which is usually has a high amount of sugar. These people eat sweet foods to relieve themselves from a frustrating situations happened to them. Thereby, eating sweets is becoming one of their habits and breaking a bad habit is hard. But it can be done gradually, not instantaneously. With willingness to change, determination and self-discipline the person can successfully have a healthy lifestyle, consequently lengthening their lifespan.

Bravosi

Bravosi

Banned
Having too much sugar isn't very good! Could become an obsession, nevertheless I guess small portions could be maintained.

jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48

Banned
I think to overcome cravings for sugar, the easiest way to counter it is to drink so much water. It make your feel full that you don't want to eat foods that are rich in sugar ice cream and cakes. You must control your mind not to think about those kinds of foods. The battle is in the mind. Once you win it on you mind, you will be able to overcome it by your will and actions.

C

Concentrix

I think if you are triggered to eat sugary foods try shifting your view to healthy foods such as fruits. Let fruits an alternative food in satiating your craving. Instead of buying chocolate or a cake, try getting an apple, orange or grapes. They tasted delicious and healthier than those sugary foods. Hope this helps.