• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Last Foreign Movie You Watched?

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
US movies are foreign...

Anyway, last film i watched that wasn't either spanish or american was Three colors: Blue. It's an interesting film, but as most of the french cinema i've watched i find it a bit too slow.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I have this on DVD. Might give it a watch later.
It's really not a bad movie, just emotionally heavy and unnecessarily mysterious, as if what is revealed in the end is a huge surprise. It's watchable though.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
High tension (french) and Tropa do elite (sp?) what Natzo said.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
High tension (french) and Tropa do elite (sp?) what Natzo said.

Tropa de Elite is not spanish !! is BRAZILLIAN! and it is spoken in Portuguese -

you know the language that comes from Portugal( my country), the 5th most spoken language in the world with over 240 million speakers.

:deadhorse:

sorry Rob ...nothing against you, but when people confuse Porugal with spain,it really gets on my nerves.

Portugal is a lot more beatifull, and so does the language.
That's why a beutifull country with fine women like Brazil speak it.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Anyway, last film i watched that wasn't either spanish or american was Three colors: Blue. It's an interesting film, but as most of the french cinema i've watched i find it a bit too slow.
I thought it was excellent and can't wait to watch the other two.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
^^ I def. will watch the whole trilogy. That first one just didn't catch with the expectatives that i had from what i had heard of it. As I said, i found it interesting but slow in its development. Too much time without anything relevant happening.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Tropa de Elite is not spanish !! is BRAZILLIAN! and it is spoken in Portuguese -

you know the language that comes from Portugal( my country), the 5th most spoken language in the world with over 240 million speakers.

sorry Rob ...nothing against you, but when people confuse Porugal with spain,it really gets on my nerves.

Natzo, Robcardu speaks spanish (or a language that he and his "colombian" mates believe is spanish :p ). That "sp?" in his post means he's not sure about the spelling of the portuguese title.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
^^ I def. will watch the whole trilogy. That first one just didn't catch with the expectatives that i had from what i had heard of it. As I said, i found it interesting but slow in its development. Too much time without anything relevant happening.
It's not a movie about action though and, if anything, it deconstructs the formal tragedy. Everything that happened is in some way relevant to the film's end goal. The key is looking back and associating what you thought was irrelevant and finding how it could relate to the bigger picture that Kieslowski is trying to convey.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

lol you pancake, "sp?" stands for "spelling" it means im not sure the proper way to write it since i dont speak portuguese, spanish is my first language so believe me i know the different between portuguese and spanish :borat:

oh im from Venezuela, not Colombia like that fruit smelly gipsy Storm claimed, next to Brazil and i know the movie is from there :duh:

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
It's not a movie about action though and, if anything, it deconstructs the formal tragedy. Everything that happened is in some way relevant to the film's end goal. The key is looking back and associating what you thought was irrelevant and finding how it could relate to the bigger picture that Kieslowski is trying to convey.

I'm afraid I lack the english lexicon needed to enter a debate with you, specially about cinema. One of these days I should try and then i could write that down on my resumè: "English level: enough to e-argue about films with the biggest movie nerd in the interwebs" :rofl3:

To put it short: I understand (and knew that from the beggining) that it's not an action movie, but when i watch at a film i expect things to happen. I don't know, maybe i wasn't in the "correct mood" to watch this film. At the end art also deppends on the view of the spectator, let art be cinema, painting, sculpture or whatever.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
At the end art also deppends on the view of the spectator, let art be cinema, painting, sculpture or whatever.
Not necessarily. This largely depends on who the spectator is. The thought that everyone is equally privy to properly dissect or ingest art is a rather silly notion to me.