• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Official 2011 ARNOLD CLASSIC Thread

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
roelly_legs_ac11_rot-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
victor_pulc_ac11_rot-1.jpg

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
evan_shoot_ac11_ro-1.jpg

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
damn we spend month with **** second rank bodybuilders videos...

and when the Arnold comes .... BOOOOOM!! Branch, Victor, Roelly, Centopani DExter, Fouad... everysingle day!!! at the same time...

I cant handle so much media content...

Zviko

Zviko

damn we spend month with **** second rank bodybuilders videos...

and when the Arnold comes .... BOOOOOM!! Branch, Victor, Roelly, Centopani DExter, Fouad... everysingle day!!! at the same time...

I cant handle so much media content...
I agree with what you sayin man This is stacking up to be a great show and the media coverage has been excellent

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I f.cken love Roelly. I mean, I'm on Team Cutler, but this guy is going to be great, and I bet more successful than Phil "The Gift" Heat. I know it's a 3:1 bet, but I do think that way.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man I whish people could stop complain about Branch Warren's form. Apperently it works
for him.
He's a harcore man and he gives me motivation, keep going Branch!!

YES YES and YES... it works for him and many many many other Pros. There are million and one ways to stimulate muscle stregnth & growth ... partial reps (what many self-proclaimed Gurus here call bad ROM) is one of those!
BOTTOM LINE __ it works for Branch!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Anything works for someone with freak genes... propper training may work better.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
some would then argue (rightly so too IMO) that if you have genetic "deficiency" then NO AMOUNT of proper ROM is going to fill that gap! His training (except for deadlifts) aint so bad IMO... partials that he does for chest & legs puts continous tension on his muscles and it would work for anyone... not just genetic freaks!

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
some would then argue (rightly so too IMO) that if you have genetic "deficiency" then NO AMOUNT of proper ROM is going to fill that gap! His training (except for deadlifts) aint so bad IMO... partials that he does for chest & legs puts continous tension on his muscles and it would work for anyone... not just genetic freaks!

wwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhat?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Dude its not about partials... he bounces ever rep. I could understand if someone beleived in partials and controlled the partial movement but he just wiggles the weight up and down, how do u explain that?

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhat?

Yyyeeessssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

Yes partials (even bad ROM) will produce results for anyone. If you are not doing something that will hurt you... if you are young, eating right and resting enough.... even pushing boxes at Walmart would build your entire body... go find a good ROM in pushing boxes! :hello:

Go preach your "Sermon of Good ROM" to Milo of Croton

If Isometric exercise done consistently produce both muscle stregnth and gain then why not partials... bad ROM partials!

Bad ROM for you may be but you dont have Branch's limbs (and hence leverages)... so what do you know how much muscle stimulation Branch is getting from those "bad ROMs"????

Sooo many of the people who get into competetive BBing dont play other sports for "recreation" ... exersize is what they do for fun too!!! And not everyone gonna be stick up about ROM... THANK GOD!

Branch enjoys training and in doing so if he has reached a point where he lifts such enormous amounts of weight that he has to "bounce" then WHY NOT??? If you watch him train and compare it with some of the other Pros.. its clear he enjoys what he does!

Lifting 1000 pounds and walking up a ramp is not exactly healthiest of lifts but Strongmen practice for that all the time! "Jumping Squats" is not the sanest exersize ever but it has been producing results for years for thousands of athletes! He bounces while he lifts BBbboohhooo big deal!!!

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Yes partials (even bad ROM) will produce results for anyone. If you are not doing something that will hurt you... if you are young, eating right and resting enough.... even pushing boxes at Walmart would build your entire body... go find a good ROM in pushing boxes! :hello:

If Isometric exercise done consistently produce both muscle stregnth and gain then why not partials... bad ROM partials!

Bad ROM for you may be but you dont have Branch's limbs (and hence leverages)... so what do you know how much muscle stimulation Branch is getting from those "bad ROMs"????

Sooo many of the people who get into competetive BBing dont play other sports for "recreation" ... exersize is what they do for fun too!!! And not everyone gonna be stick up about ROM... THANK GOD!

Branch enjoys training and in doing so if he has reached a point where he lifts such enormous amounts of weight that he has to "bounce" then WHY NOT??? If you watch him train and compare it with some of the other Pros.. its clear he enjoys what he does!

Lifting 1000 pounds and walking up a ramp is not exactly healthiest of lifts but Strongmen practice for that all the time! "Jumping Squats" is not the sanest exersize ever but it has been producing results for years for thousands of athletes! He bounces while he lifts BBbboohhooo big deal!!!
After all this, I think it is clear Pakiman uses bad ROM on all his exercises.
:tongue:

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Paki, his form is terrible, he had a serious injury for lifting that way, that one valid point, he shouldn't be using that form because he eventually would f.ck up another muscle group as he did with his triceps.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
fouad_blogupdate2011_lg.jpg

Blog for the Arnold

March 02, 2011

Reflecting and Getting Re-focused

I’m six days out from the Arnold Classic and I have been trying to put in perspective what just happened at the FLEX Pro, while still focusing on my daily activities to get ready for the biggest show of my life.

My plain landed at 2am on Monday night (or Tuesday morning to be technical) in Detroit. My girlfriend and I hopped in my Jeep and headed home to Windsor, I think that 30min drive is where the past weekends events really set in. I said to myself, “I just beat a top five Olympian,” I was saying it to myself like I wasn’t sure if it was all a dream or not.

3211collage-1.jpg

I really busted ass this year trying to make adjustments and in that drive home I was able to replay all the gut wrenching leg workouts and the back workouts that left me crippled. I remembered days doing back and hamstrings together and thinking I am absolutely nuts this has to be overtraining but I kept going anyway. I would be in the gym for and hour and half and I hate to admit it sometimes two hours! I know that’s a big no-no, but I have two training partners and sometimes I don’t know when to stop, so time just passes. I remembered times when I didn’t feel like eating, but found a way to make the food taste good enough to get it down. I remembered all the money and five hour drives I made going to see my physiotherapist. Don’t get me wrong, there was good memories like sushi buffets that lasted two hours and made me sick…I don’t know is that a good memory?..lol

The point is, all of these things came rushing back to me in just that half an hour drive from the airport to home. I couldn’t help but feel an overall sense of accomplishment and feeling like I could do more.

My mind is focused on the Arnold now; I am focused on bringing in a little tighter package and maybe a little more full than at the FLEX. I started training right away on Tuesday this past week: Cardio and everything as if I never even stopped. Doing two shows in a row isn’t easy, but I’ve become used to it so I know how to get myself back in the zone and ready to go again.

As I type this, my rebound from the FLEX is gone and I am sitting at 248lbs which is exactly where I need to be before carb loading, so I am a little early which is good. I have Sunday, Monday and Tuesday to sharpen it up a little more. Then its time to pack up the Jeep and head to Columbus, its about a three and a half hour drive and I’d rather go road trip than plane any day!

I am getting really excited about the show, but I’m trying to keep myself calm. I have been going to this show since I started bodybuilding ten years ago and to finally step on that stage is going to be surreal. Who knew a little 190lb beach body kid from Windsor, Ontario would eventually go on to turn pro and step on the Arnold Classic stage? I remember saying to a friend of mine one year at the show, “One day I’m going to compete on that stage.” He looked at me like I was crazy, but sometimes it takes a little crazy to achieve a dream.

Sacrifice Without Regret,

Fouad ‘Hoss’ Abiad

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP

You are an idiot. Bad form = injuries. Branch has a hell of a lot of injuries.

Cork

Cork

Don't shame Milos by bringing him in with your argument. He was an Olympian and a badass. You won't see him sticking up for that kind of training.

Just because Branch enjoys his workouts doesn't mean it's right. Hitler enjoyed the Holocaust.