• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Official Olympic Games 2008 thread

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i think Usa Basketball team will win the Gold, i´m really sure not saying it´s as good as 92 team but it almost as good as that team

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ no team will EVER be as good as that team for 2 reasons: 1) look at the '92 roster, seriously. 2) the rest of the world has became much better since then closing the gap on our dominating ways.

we still are the best, but we're not the completely unstoppable force we once were. mainly because teams like greece, argentina, and spain have gotten considerably better.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In about 20 mins the openings ceremony will start

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Exactly :2: we dominate the Olympics as a whole. We have more Golds, Silvers and Bronze medals than any other country.

And El Freako, we will definitely dominate the pool. Phelps pewns all Aussies :gaygay:
Yes but Australia has over 10x the talent :xyxthumbs:
We only have 20 million, the USA has more like 350 mill and we still rank 4th in the medals. Plus China will own the medal tally this year.

Sitting here watching the opening cermony I think I'll put a DVD on instead. I really hate this shit. It's like all the ads we've had for the games with the commentators talking it up; as though the commentators actually contribute to the athletic endevour in anyway shape or from.:jerkoff1:

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the opening is pretty boring imo. It started off pretty good but now its too damn boring to watch

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I watched Lethal Weapon instead :tiphat:
Now watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon as the ceremony is still bloody going!:angrydude: When will this shit end and the athletics begin?!

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn the USA must have like 500+ athletes out there

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i thought the opening ceremony was fun to watch. interesting and beautifull.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i thought the opening ceremony was fun to watch. interesting and beautifull.
I find it repetitive and boring.

But then again I get annoyed at most TV coverage of sport. It becomes about the commentators and umpires, or an individual star rather than the event and endevour itself.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
China already has 2 gold medals.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
us little greeks are going to own the usa basketball team like we did in the world cup!
do you remember americans?

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Plus China will own the medal tally this year.

I agree here.I think China lost to USA by 4 golds last Olympics.Besides, i want to see China win..so Blake cant vaunt about it:tiphat:

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ You beat me El Freako! Phelps owns all as well as America in general. We already have the most medals.

Edit: We already have 6 next is China with 3 :methman:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
^ You beat me El Freako! Phelps owns all as well as America in general. We already have the most medals.

Edit: We already have 6 next is China with 3 :methman:

You guys always have the most medals... :angrydude:

Though it will be interesting to see if China challenges you this year.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Aussie Stephanie Rice has won gold in the women's 400 individual medley with and world record. Kirsty Coventry from Zimbabwe (they know how to swim there? I thought there would be too many crocs). Favourite Katie Hoff from USA only got bronze. :p

It sucks being an Aussie in London for the Olympics. They're only interviewing the poms and I don't care about the bloody poms. :angrydude:

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ Edit now we have 7 medals :keke:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Well we have 1, equal 4th with Czech Republic, Spain and Romania.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well we have 1, equal 4th with Czech Republic, Spain and Romania.

And now we have a silver in the 100m breaststroke with Rickard. Japanese Kitajima takes gold and bronze goes to USA's Gangloff (what a silly name).

Thank you for posting that. IM watching the semifinals for that right now and you just ruined it for me :angrydude: