• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Official Olympic Games 2008 thread

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ooouuch!! that look painfull. poor guy.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn thats a major fracture. Thats gonna take a while before its healed

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
OMG! A Korean just nudged a Chinese guy out of the gold position in the 77kg mens weightlifting!

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
That doesnt mean shit expecially when we have phelps. So far the only mens event that has had a final was won by U.S.A and U.S.A also had bronze. Australia hasnt even medaled yet.

pfff what is shit is that ur best swimmer dominates in all the least popular events. Im the hide and go seek champion the domino champion and the marble champion but it means nothing because i haven't played anyone in those games for years. Lets see phelps do something like the 100m freestyle an event people care about. Oh wait he did. He was in the 4 by 100 swum the first leg and got smoked by an aussie:wutyousay: best of all time? hardly. decent athlete that picked the events where swimming rejects go. likely.

Lets look at his golds.
Relay 100m freestyle (he was riding on the wave of his team)
relay 200m fresstyle (didnt watch it but probably the same)
200m Butterfly (Who swims this event? Honestly 100meters is enough the last 100 they are buggered and swim it shitly anyway.)
Individual medley 200m (anything with breaststroke in =fail and anyone who can swim freestlyle or butterfly or backstroke wont give a shit about it)
Individual medley 400m (see above point)

Saying Michael Phelps is the best is as dumb as the americans saying they are world champions of nfl.

:imcoolurnot::imcoolurnot::imcoolurnot:

j/k

:cardulikesmen:

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ Dont be mad cause your country blows. As for being smoked by a Aussie. Hardly plus it was the first heat which makes you and your argument laughable. OMG the only thing you can come up against him is that he lost to someone in a heat. O NO I bet he is upset about a poor performance and fears he wont get the gold. CMON dude seriously dont post in this thread again unless you have a fraction of an argument. He is the ebst olympian and will be forever. Lets see every event he has entered he has won with a world record. Phelps>Australia, China, France and anyone elese who ever swam in the olympics.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
^ Dont be mad cause your country blows. As for being smoked by a Aussie. Hardly plus it was the first heat which makes you and your argument laughable. OMG the only thing you can come up against him is that he lost to someone in a heat. O NO I bet he is upset about a poor performance and fears he wont get the gold. CMON dude seriously dont post in this thread again unless you have a fraction of an argument. He is the ebst olympian and will be forever. Lets see every event he has entered he has won with a world record. Phelps>Australia, China, France and anyone elese who ever swam in the olympics.

best swimming legend ey. Ian thorpe? he may be a douche, but he is better than phelps.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
btw heres what happend last time phelps tried to swim a real event.

Anyway, Dont get fired up T, I was having a laugh.

Australia isnt as strong in swimming as it used to be but we still will probably go very close to out medal the US at these games in the swimming. Thats with our much smaller population.:tiphat: stop being so blindly patriotic australia does not blow infact as atheletes we are much better than you.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ Sorry the olympics really fires me up.

Thorpe maybe top 5 but not even close to the best. He has 5 gold medals total. Phelps already has 5 in this olympics. Thorpe isnt even close.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ian Thorpe Best Ever - Doesnt look like at 1:04 When he falls off the block :keke: Like I said before maybe top 5

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
^ Sorry the olympics really fires me up.

Thorpe maybe top 5 but not even close to the best. He has 5 gold medals total. Phelps already has 5 in this olympics. Thorpe isnt even close.

lol, its good it fires u up. Your inspiring me to watch it live in 2 hours or so. what events does phelps have left?

p.s i dont see how you can judge an athlete on ammount of gold medals as the biggest indicator for sucess. Its about dominating performances in hotly contested events. The 100m freestyle mens on today is the perfect example. The two fastest qualifiers swapped world records 5 minutes apart from each other. It would be easily the most trained for swimming event literally any of the 8 could come away with the win and whoever does will be the fastest man in water.

There isn't the same ammount of skilled competetion in the events that Phelps does he is a smart man to go for gold in the poorly contested events. It has every american screaming go you good thing im so proud when really im betting any decent swimmer could do it. Infact using phelps as inspiration I think ill take up ultimate frisbee and walk my way to a world championship.

P.p.s Im gonna cry when the frenchmen out touches the aussie in the 100m :dunnodude:

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What I dont understand is how the Americans dont give a shit about Phelps and his achievements. If he was Australian he'd be a god. Like Tony K said, Thorpe has 5 golds in total and here in Australia we act like he is the greatest of all time...Phelps has 5 gold already at this Olympics and isnt even done yet. I cant believe NBC didnt even bother to show his race live and instead show 'Access Hollywood'. Pathetic.

NBC fails to show Michael Phelps record-breaking swim

AFTER moving the swimming finals to suit its advertisers, US television giant NBC didn't show Michael Phelps' historic swim live yesterday.
The juggeranut network haggled with Olympic authorities and other networks around the world for several years to have the swimming finals moved to the mornings to cater for the US prime time television audience.

At one stage, NBC threatened to withdraw their nine figure rights deal if the finals were not switched to mornings.

Swimming bodies complained about the change because of the way it would affect the swimmers' preparation. They were forced to re-arrange all lead up swimming events to ensure swimmers were well prepared for the dramatic change.

But we can reveal today that Michael Phelps' and other major swimming finals have not been telecast live into the US even though the events have started in prime time in the US.

When Phelps swam for his tenth Olympic gold medal yesterday, Los Angeles NBC was screening entertainment program, Access Hollywood.

Full story at http://www.foxsports.com.au/beijing_olympics/story/0,27313,24177810-5016813,00.html

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
What I dont understand is how the Americans dont give a shit about Phelps and his achievements. If he was Australian he'd be a god. Like Tony K said, Thorpe has 5 golds in total and here in Australia we act like he is the greatest of all time...Phelps has 5 gold already at this Olympics and isnt even done yet. I cant believe NBC didnt even bother to show his race live and instead show 'Access Hollywood'. Pathetic.

NBC fails to show Michael Phelps record-breaking swim

AFTER moving the swimming finals to suit its advertisers, US television giant NBC didn't show Michael Phelps' historic swim live yesterday.
The juggeranut network haggled with Olympic authorities and other networks around the world for several years to have the swimming finals moved to the mornings to cater for the US prime time television audience.

At one stage, NBC threatened to withdraw their nine figure rights deal if the finals were not switched to mornings.

Swimming bodies complained about the change because of the way it would affect the swimmers' preparation. They were forced to re-arrange all lead up swimming events to ensure swimmers were well prepared for the dramatic change.

But we can reveal today that Michael Phelps' and other major swimming finals have not been telecast live into the US even though the events have started in prime time in the US.

When Phelps swam for his tenth Olympic gold medal yesterday, Los Angeles NBC was screening entertainment program, Access Hollywood.

Full story at http://www.foxsports.com.au/beijing_olympics/story/0,27313,24177810-5016813,00.html

gay! thats worse then channel 7's coverage in aus.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
channel 7 at least shows the big races though...

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
channel 7 at least shows the big races though...

true but it focuses a lot on shit events. the other night the equistrian when hewitt was playing rapha in the tennis.:ugh:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
i know... i was waiting for the weightlifting.. and equestrian was on for like 4 fuckin hours

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
i know... i was waiting for the weightlifting.. and equestrian was on for like 4 fuckin hours

wheres the horse flu when u need it?

:carduindisguise too far?