• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Things that annoy you in the Gym???

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I go in gym clothes sometimes ,and then my work clothes, boots, heavy duty socks, shirt, jeans or khaki/pants. no problem there, why does it matter?

Really simple Steve. Jeans are restrictive, they catch on your legs and don't breathe well so you sweat more. Same goes for all the other clothes. Basically you either can't do a proper session in them or you do the lameo exercises.

Most of the time I've seen guys in jeans and shirts training arms (one guy had sunglasses on :omgwtf:) or bench. They never get out of first gear. The other ones I've seen are the 3/4 length shorts/pants in denim. Guys seem to think they can train legs in these things but always end up with a really short ROM and pathetic levels of intensity.

Another one:
6) The leg press crowd - grab some balls and squat for once in your lives. Putting every plate in the gym on the sled and then having two guys spot you is not impressive, especially when you can't unrack a 100kg squat.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
1. Dumbfucks who do standing exercizes infront of the dumbells which then prevents you from using dumbells.

2. Idiots who leave their gym bag in front of the dumbell rack.

3. Highschool students who think power cleans and bench are the ultimate exercizes to prove your strength.

4. Football players, its all ego with them and no muscle stimulation.

5. People who monopolize machines so when you think they are done with a machine because they are using two other ones..... THINK AGAIN because as soon as you hop on, they get back on.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i do that too sometimes. after deadlifting 500lbs , doin 7-8 sets of pulldowns and then hit a third back exercise im sometimes too lazy/tired to move the plates i put on the t-bars or hammer strength iso rows (14x 45's both sides together and just let them on lol. sometimes i come back to gym a day later and they still on :49:

thats a good thing of a health club its not a freaky gym with millions of people

your a dick, i hate it when people do that lol

madakira

madakira

I don't get bothered by much at the gym. I don't care what people wear, or how low they squat. It is none of my business. But I do laugh at the "shadow boxer". Almost every gym as one.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Jesus, there are some angry little men here.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jesus, there are some angry little men here.

Dem dere is fighting words :angrydude:

The only reason I have a problem with the groups listed is they usually make it impossible to train in a gym. Generally it is all about a lack of courtesy towards others and that is one of the main reasons I don't train in gyms anymore. I agree there have been some comments in this thread (and the old one) that are the element of people you don't want in a gym.

My list and why they annoy:
1) The 1/4 squatters - they hog equipment and often comment about how they are out squatting you. Reality is they don't need the squat rack because they aren't really squatting.

2) The jeans trainers - they also tend to hog equipment and take forever on any bench or whatever. They also seem to be the people that want to interrupt you during a set :dunnodude:

3) The talkers - just plain get in the way and hog equipment. They also have the nerve to get indignent when you want to use said equipment.

4) Poser boys - go out of their way to get in your way. Are often the guys curling right next to the rack so you can't get to DB's.

5) It's all you - who doesn't find this annoying :bball:

6) Leg press crowd - because they always have all the 20kg plates and never put them back. Plus they are tools.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i hate it when people who don't give a shit about what they're doing take the equipment/apparatus you want, and you do give a shit, and then you end up having to change up your goal oriented workout out while they fuck around.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
The leg press crew are a plague in my gym too, but thats not so bad, it keeps them from doing 1/4 squats in the squat and power rack. Also a bonus is the smith machine in the corner. All the big boys use it (but never without their knee wraps), again keeping the other racks free for me.

Jeans trainers don't bother of too much either. They only ever work chest and bis, and since we have 3 benches and 5 curl bars, generally stay out of the way. That is unless I want to do cable pushdowns, those peckers just can't live without their cable crossovers!

hydro

hydro

skinny indians taking your machine when you go to the toilet, and especially when they have no clue how to use it or what they are doing and why they doing it

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The leg press crew are a plague in my gym too, but thats not so bad, it keeps them from doing 1/4 squats in the squat and power rack. Also a bonus is the smith machine in the corner. All the big boys use it (but never without their knee wraps), again keeping the other racks free for me.

Jeans trainers don't bother of too much either. They only ever work chest and bis, and since we have 3 benches and 5 curl bars, generally stay out of the way. That is unless I want to do cable pushdowns, those peckers just can't live without their cable crossovers!

The leg press crew at the last two gyms I was at tended to take all the plates regardless of whether they used them or not. So yes it was great they weren't in a squat rack but you didn't have any plates to use there.

I'm not against the smith machine anymore for the reasons you just stated. Kinda like shiny stuff to distract the idiots so I can use the good stuff.

I can generally avoid the jeans trainers, as Monday is bench day, Tuesday arms so you can generally avoid them. But the denim shorts wearers are unpredictable and can show up anytime :bitenails:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
I hate the following;

1. Nobeds talking to me (or anyone for that matter)
2. People reading mr training diary and so saying "O whats this you got" And the ussually crew when I'm writing down my poundages always shout over "I'll have a bacon balm please mate"
3. Curls in squat rack
4. People who do 10 sets of 10 on the bench
5. Half ass reps and super speed reps

I cba going on, i'm getting pissed off

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Not a fan of German Volume Training then? You would have hated me in December then, I was doing 20 supersets.

Not that I'm not a fan of it. But I know the ones who do that in my gym arnt training german volume training. There just doing it for the sake of it, maybe more sets and then more on incline, decline, flyes and o lets not forget the cables!

But yeh Ben, if you wouldnt let me jump in on the bench with you for my 2 max sets i'd throw you out da window lolol :bball:

Or at least I would try to anyway :omgwtf:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Really simple Steve. Jeans are restrictive, they catch on your legs and don't breathe well so you sweat more. Same goes for all the other clothes. Basically you either can't do a proper session in them or you do the lameo exercises.

Most of the time I've seen guys in jeans and shirts training arms (one guy had sunglasses on :omgwtf:) or bench. They never get out of first gear. The other ones I've seen are the 3/4 length shorts/pants in denim. Guys seem to think they can train legs in these things but always end up with a really short ROM and pathetic levels of intensity.

Another one:
6) The leg press crowd - grab some balls and squat for once in your lives. Putting every plate in the gym on the sled and then having two guys spot you is not impressive, especially when you can't unrack a 100kg squat.

I used to always train in reg clothes, cus i didn't like the gym type clothes up till my switch to golds. i could do leg press and any other exercise then just as good now with all under armour clothes on, but your right, sweating is harsh for legs, and i didn't notice also you can get a staph infection that way too from clothes rubbing on bruises and all. so if i do go to gym in reg clothes its only for a short session before work if i cant go in the morning..

Cork

Cork

Generally it is all about a lack of courtesy towards others...

That is my main pet peeve inside the gym just as much as outside of it.

If you use it, put it back where you got it from.
If you dirty it up, wipe it down.
Avoid grunting and loud noises as this disrupts others (among other reasons).
Treat the equipment like it is your own.

This should all be basic gym etiquitte. I hate to complain about things because I feel it's very peevish (ironic, eh?) and that's not the kind of person I am, but thats just my 2c. Now... back to doing what I do best...:lurking:

Bhana

Bhana

If u guys were at the gym I go to, half of you would commit suicide

Heres a few things ive experienced

1. The gym is overcrowded and some of the dudes stink the place up

2. You go and put your weights back and a guy is curling over the bench you were and his sweat poors onto your bench, yet he makes no effort to clean it.

3. Guys who train in their work clothes! Seriously I have guys at my gym who train in a shirt and a pair of trousers!

4. Dozens of skinny teens (Im a teen myself) who train their egos

5. Unintentional half reps on pull ups, dips or any other excercises

6. People who never put their weights back and invade your personal space

7. WET ASS PATCHES on benches, people who sweat buckets and dont carry a towel!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
But yeh Ben, if you wouldnt let me jump in on the bench with you for my 2 max sets i'd throw you out da window lolol :bball:

Or at least I would try to anyway :omgwtf:

Luckily I was pretty good with sharing my bench as long as they replaced the weight for me. Though I didn't end up sharing that often as most were put off at having remove so many plates. Silly 50-60kg benchers. :p

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Treat the equipment like it is your own.

Trouble is that some people live like pigs and don't value any of their property.

But I agree that public stuff gets treated badly by more people. It is just selfish.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hate everybody, and I mean everybody that trains from 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM every day. Assholes in wife beater shirts (most of them small), people who wear dumb caps, wiggers on cellphones, group of friends giving a whole lot of attitude, girls that think they're hot and are in the gym for show (fucking whores), couples that kiss and touch each other in the gym - they don't belong here.

Oh, and out of shape people giving ME advice and tips. That's a fucking laugh.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
People that lift tooooo heavy and their form or ROM is so awful that you cringe when watching in disgust. The worst is when you see them get up after doing a PB and get excited. I want to go smack them and tell them to leave the gym. I did let one guy have it a few weeks back, felt great.
Duality knows exactly who I am talking about.